OFFICIAL HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS PART 2 THREAD VOL. It All Ends 7/15

Originally Posted by kdawg

Yeah, I'm really hoping for a LoTR style extended box set. These last 2 movies would be great with that.
damn yuku won't let me post pics but this is a link to a great mock up of what it could look like:
[h1]
[h1]What if the Harry Potter films got the Criterion Collection treatment?[/h1]
 Cyriaque Lamar — If J.K. Rowling's boy wizard got all dolled up for a Criterion Collection release, these charming mock-ups by Patrick Sullivan — who made these for his senior portfolio at Cooper Union — would make for excellent stylistic inspiration.

http://io9.com/5819899/what-if-the-harry-potter-films-got-the-criterion-collection-treatment
[/h1]

http://io9.com/5819899/what-if-the-harry-potter-films-got-the-criterion-collection-treatment

Originally Posted by MarTdiZzle23

Yeah, I'm really hoping for a LoTR style extended box set. These last 2 movies would be great with that.
damn yuku won't let me post pics but this is a link to a great mock up of what it could look like:
[h1]
 Cyriaque Lamar — If J.K. Rowling's boy wizard got all dolled up for a Criterion Collection release, these charming mock-ups by Patrick Sullivan — who made these for his senior portfolio at Cooper Union — would make for excellent stylistic inspiration.

[/h1]

Those look clean. 

Originally Posted by MarTdiZzle23

[h1]

[/h1]

Those look clean. 

I have read all of the books ans this movie was amazing.

Kreacher's story was one of the best chapters in the book IMO so I was a little dissapointed in that not being in the movie.

I have read all of the books ans this movie was amazing.

Kreacher's story was one of the best chapters in the book IMO so I was a little dissapointed in that not being in the movie.

Originally Posted by nike4KJA05

Originally Posted by Hugo

Originally Posted by chris82790

Alan Rickman deserves a nomination for his performance in this film.

this
Definitely.
pimp.gif
Snape dropping one-liners then immediately turns around like Batman with the cape
roll.gif

Didn't Snape come off as a simp at one point in the movie though, though?
nerd.gif
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by nike4KJA05

Originally Posted by Hugo

Originally Posted by chris82790

Alan Rickman deserves a nomination for his performance in this film.

this
Definitely.
pimp.gif
Snape dropping one-liners then immediately turns around like Batman with the cape
roll.gif

Didn't Snape come off as a simp at one point in the movie though, though?
nerd.gif
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Sundizzle

Watching the movie it is hard to truly comprehend that it is over.  This is one of the few times I don't think I can really judge a movie.  Watching them look so much older than when they started just really brings a lot of thoughts to your head.  I remember the first time my mom brought home one of the books when I was a youngin, and how eventually I was in college and left a party to make the midnight release of a book release.  I thought the movie was excellent.  I thought overall the fight scenes were timid compared to the depth they could of gone to.  Considering they had giants, etc, etc they really could of done quite a bit more with that I thought.

Additionally, only one line really stood out at me that was completely 100% wrong.
 When it starts to get crazy and McGonogall calls the castle to defend itself, she completely breaks character and says I've always really wanted to use that spell or some other garbage.  Given her nature, the seriousness of the situation and her overall command of the situation it seemed really odd.

Also though Voldemort was a bit weaksauce in this with his magic etc.  Hard to say though. Definitely can't wait to rewatch it.

Couldn't agree more, this part was really stupid and seemed so forced to add some comedic relief that really wasn't needed. I read all of the books within days of their release so naturally the films have always lacked for me. But I must say that this movie was very epic and I really enjoyed it alot. The 19 year later part was what I was really excited for and I think it was well done. The nod between harry and malfoy could of been done a little better but thats just me being picky. 

Originally Posted by Sundizzle

Watching the movie it is hard to truly comprehend that it is over.  This is one of the few times I don't think I can really judge a movie.  Watching them look so much older than when they started just really brings a lot of thoughts to your head.  I remember the first time my mom brought home one of the books when I was a youngin, and how eventually I was in college and left a party to make the midnight release of a book release.  I thought the movie was excellent.  I thought overall the fight scenes were timid compared to the depth they could of gone to.  Considering they had giants, etc, etc they really could of done quite a bit more with that I thought.

Additionally, only one line really stood out at me that was completely 100% wrong.
 When it starts to get crazy and McGonogall calls the castle to defend itself, she completely breaks character and says I've always really wanted to use that spell or some other garbage.  Given her nature, the seriousness of the situation and her overall command of the situation it seemed really odd.

Also though Voldemort was a bit weaksauce in this with his magic etc.  Hard to say though. Definitely can't wait to rewatch it.

Couldn't agree more, this part was really stupid and seemed so forced to add some comedic relief that really wasn't needed. I read all of the books within days of their release so naturally the films have always lacked for me. But I must say that this movie was very epic and I really enjoyed it alot. The 19 year later part was what I was really excited for and I think it was well done. The nod between harry and malfoy could of been done a little better but thats just me being picky. 

Originally Posted by Cash is King

never really got into this too old or i dont know wassup though harmione get smashed by harry yet???

Please keep these idiotic comments out of here.

Originally Posted by Cash is King

never really got into this too old or i dont know wassup though harmione get smashed by harry yet???

Please keep these idiotic comments out of here.

The 19 years later shouldve been after the credits. This way people get the best of both worlds. It would technically end with all 3 on the bridge, than after the credits the book aficionados get their fix, and snape gets his due props.

The 19 years later shouldve been after the credits. This way people get the best of both worlds. It would technically end with all 3 on the bridge, than after the credits the book aficionados get their fix, and snape gets his due props.

came in here to see if the epilogue was included in the movie. i didn't like it in the book so i'm sure i won't in the movie.

came in here to see if the epilogue was included in the movie. i didn't like it in the book so i'm sure i won't in the movie.

Originally Posted by blackngold1z

this actually sounds like a really good idea to me

Originally Posted by blackngold1z

this actually sounds like a really good idea to me

Back
Top Bottom