OFFICIAL HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS PART 2 THREAD VOL. It All Ends 7/15

wasnt a big fan of harry potter series didnt watch six and part 1 but i have to say having no knowledge of wats going on (got gf explaining to me in the theater lol) i have to say the movie was pretty good. I felt really i mean really sad seeing the part where it replays snape's memory....

so in conclusion, pretty much every one in the wizard world (lord voldemort, harry potter his fam, and everyone else) are pretty much chumps

- Lord voldemort has to be the noobiest evil villian ever
- harry potter just a @$!+@ lol cant believe he get bullied by drako
laugh.gif

- and wizard world cuz they are SO SCARED that they wont say voldemort's name
laugh.gif

but i think drako family, snape, and ron are the man
pimp.gif

- just feel bad for snape though seems like a big simp
laugh.gif
but really just felt tat he went threw a lot of things being undercovered for years and the thing he did and love for harry's mother
- drako family went from being undercover in good guys then to bad guys then to good guys again like huh wat just happened
laugh.gif
drako still seems rich and live well at the end of the film
- Ron well cuz his with hermoine
laugh.gif

wasnt a big fan of harry potter series didnt watch six and part 1 but i have to say having no knowledge of wats going on (got gf explaining to me in the theater lol) i have to say the movie was pretty good. I felt really i mean really sad seeing the part where it replays snape's memory....

so in conclusion, pretty much every one in the wizard world (lord voldemort, harry potter his fam, and everyone else) are pretty much chumps

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

pimp.gif

laugh.gif
but really just felt tat he went threw a lot of things being undercovered for years and the thing he did and love for harry's mother
- drako family went from being undercover in good guys then to bad guys then to good guys again like huh wat just happened
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by deFOBking

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

pimp.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Dude is winning
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by deFOBking

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

pimp.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Dude is winning
laugh.gif

It still blows my mind that JK Rowling says that the snake Harry frees in the 1st one turns out to be Nagini 
eek.gif

And this is sooo dope
6a03a58djw1djc4jpokvej.jpg

It still blows my mind that JK Rowling says that the snake Harry frees in the 1st one turns out to be Nagini 
eek.gif

And this is sooo dope

Originally Posted by TeamCharisma69

^wth japanese harry potter
That pic is amazing haha harry potter anime style
oh and heres this

[h1]What Got Cut from the Final Harry Potter Movie? And What New Scenes Were Added?[/h1]
 Meredith Woerner — Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Part 2 went out with a blinding magical explosion. But why did director David Yates and screenwriter Steve Kloves choose to make so many changes from J.K. Rowling's book? And how did these changes make the story different?

We talked to Yates and Kloves, and found out about the film's deleted scenes — plus scenes from the book that were never filmed. Plus the new scenes they added!

We caught up to Yates and Kloves at the Potter junket, and they told us about the changes they made to the film.

First up, what was on the Potter cutting room floor?

David Yates: We've got a whole bunch of DVD [deleted] scenes that we took out of the movie. We never, ever say oh it's going to be three hours, of three and a half hours, or 90 minutes. It's whatever feels right when watch the film alone in the dark. Ultimately that's what determines the length of the film. And this film felt the right weight, and the right shape and the right rhythm, at two hours. But we saved all the bits that we cut out, and we're going to put that on the DVD extras.

There's a version of Aberforth and Harry — a longer version of it that we got. There's an extended scene on the beach with Ron disguised (before he gets to the bank, there's a lovely little interchange with him and Bellatrix Lestrange.) There are a number of things that we have for the DVD.

Why did you change the Great Hall Battle?

David Yates: In the book, they circle each other in The Great Hall in front of lots of students. I wanted to extend it across the school, I thought it was a great visual opportunity to see those two figures fighting amongst the rubble, through different parts of the school. And I was sitting in my garden trying to think of a way to give it a bit of extra meaning. Because two guys fighting all the time kind of gets exhausting after awhile. I came up with this notion of Harry just looking at Voldemort while they're on this precipice, and pulling him over. That was my eureka moment in the garden while I was having a cup of tea. And I thought that could be really beautiful, these two figures just tumbling into the abyss and then conjoining in this weird way. If would be quite haunting and expressive.

There was actually more battle between the two of them. There's a moment, which you probably saw in early trailers, where Voldemort is looking at Harry in the eye and he says, "Why do you live?" And then Harry says, "Because I have something, to live for." It was a really cool moment. I actually asked Steve to write it. I said Steve we've waited eight movies, I want Voldemort to say something and Dan [Radcliffe] to respond. And of course when I put it in the movie, and the reason that Steve didn't write it in the first place was because, Voldemort would just kill Harry. They wouldn't stop and have a conversation. It was in the movie and you had this slightly longer sequence of them fighting. When you pull it out of the trailer it looks quite cool, but in context it felt slightly belabored and a little self conscious. So we kind of lost it.

Why did you choose to add in the scene in The Great Hall with Snape?

Steve Kloves: It's not the way the original script was. It evolved. And that happens in these sometimes. It become about compression, and a feeling, and how can we reveal the emotion of it most succinctly? That's what always ruled the day.

I liked particularly in The Great Hall one moment… [Harry] seeing Snape standing where Dumbledore would stand, and saying, "How dare you stand there, where he stood?" That's really what the emotion of it was for Harry. That he [Snape] would defile this place by killing the head master. That was the best way to express that visual. That's a good example. To me that's a good move, for us. Because it's a visual and a literary stroke. And that's what we tried to do in Potter, rather than always be in lockstep with the book, although emotionally we're absolutely in lockstep with the books. Which was always our guide.
[/url]

Originally Posted by TeamCharisma69

^wth japanese harry potter
That pic is amazing haha harry potter anime style
oh and heres this

[h1]What Got Cut from the Final Harry Potter Movie? And What New Scenes Were Added?[/h1]
 Meredith Woerner — Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Part 2 went out with a blinding magical explosion. But why did director David Yates and screenwriter Steve Kloves choose to make so many changes from J.K. Rowling's book? And how did these changes make the story different?

We talked to Yates and Kloves, and found out about the film's deleted scenes — plus scenes from the book that were never filmed. Plus the new scenes they added!

We caught up to Yates and Kloves at the Potter junket, and they told us about the changes they made to the film.

First up, what was on the Potter cutting room floor?

David Yates: We've got a whole bunch of DVD [deleted] scenes that we took out of the movie. We never, ever say oh it's going to be three hours, of three and a half hours, or 90 minutes. It's whatever feels right when watch the film alone in the dark. Ultimately that's what determines the length of the film. And this film felt the right weight, and the right shape and the right rhythm, at two hours. But we saved all the bits that we cut out, and we're going to put that on the DVD extras.

There's a version of Aberforth and Harry — a longer version of it that we got. There's an extended scene on the beach with Ron disguised (before he gets to the bank, there's a lovely little interchange with him and Bellatrix Lestrange.) There are a number of things that we have for the DVD.

Why did you change the Great Hall Battle?

David Yates: In the book, they circle each other in The Great Hall in front of lots of students. I wanted to extend it across the school, I thought it was a great visual opportunity to see those two figures fighting amongst the rubble, through different parts of the school. And I was sitting in my garden trying to think of a way to give it a bit of extra meaning. Because two guys fighting all the time kind of gets exhausting after awhile. I came up with this notion of Harry just looking at Voldemort while they're on this precipice, and pulling him over. That was my eureka moment in the garden while I was having a cup of tea. And I thought that could be really beautiful, these two figures just tumbling into the abyss and then conjoining in this weird way. If would be quite haunting and expressive.

There was actually more battle between the two of them. There's a moment, which you probably saw in early trailers, where Voldemort is looking at Harry in the eye and he says, "Why do you live?" And then Harry says, "Because I have something, to live for." It was a really cool moment. I actually asked Steve to write it. I said Steve we've waited eight movies, I want Voldemort to say something and Dan [Radcliffe] to respond. And of course when I put it in the movie, and the reason that Steve didn't write it in the first place was because, Voldemort would just kill Harry. They wouldn't stop and have a conversation. It was in the movie and you had this slightly longer sequence of them fighting. When you pull it out of the trailer it looks quite cool, but in context it felt slightly belabored and a little self conscious. So we kind of lost it.

Why did you choose to add in the scene in The Great Hall with Snape?

Steve Kloves: It's not the way the original script was. It evolved. And that happens in these sometimes. It become about compression, and a feeling, and how can we reveal the emotion of it most succinctly? That's what always ruled the day.

I liked particularly in The Great Hall one moment… [Harry] seeing Snape standing where Dumbledore would stand, and saying, "How dare you stand there, where he stood?" That's really what the emotion of it was for Harry. That he [Snape] would defile this place by killing the head master. That was the best way to express that visual. That's a good example. To me that's a good move, for us. Because it's a visual and a literary stroke. And that's what we tried to do in Potter, rather than always be in lockstep with the book, although emotionally we're absolutely in lockstep with the books. Which was always our guide.
[/url]

Maelstroom wrote:
eek.gif

And this is sooo dope

Mind = Blown

Can't believe that as well. But thinking about it the snake in the first one looks like Nagini. But I need confirmation about this.

Maelstroom wrote:
eek.gif

And this is sooo dope

Mind = Blown

Can't believe that as well. But thinking about it the snake in the first one looks like Nagini. But I need confirmation about this.

I need a source cuz it doesn't make sense.

Voldemort made Nagini a horcrux before he tried to kill Harry as a baby.  Don't see how she would end up in a muggle zoo after that. 

I need a source cuz it doesn't make sense.

Voldemort made Nagini a horcrux before he tried to kill Harry as a baby.  Don't see how she would end up in a muggle zoo after that. 

Normal was fine to me, saw it yesterday and it was incredible. As much detail that was left out from the book, the last 2 films did an awesome job of closing out this series. I had the
frown.gif
face when they were on the bridge as well, my childhood is officially over
laugh.gif

Normal was fine to me, saw it yesterday and it was incredible. As much detail that was left out from the book, the last 2 films did an awesome job of closing out this series. I had the
frown.gif
face when they were on the bridge as well, my childhood is officially over
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by NobleKane

is the 3d worth it? or should i watch normal?
I watched it in 3D and wasn't worth it imo.  Some parts of the movie you couldn't even tell if its 3D.  If I was to go watch it again, I'd see it in regular 2D

Originally Posted by NobleKane

is the 3d worth it? or should i watch normal?
I watched it in 3D and wasn't worth it imo.  Some parts of the movie you couldn't even tell if its 3D.  If I was to go watch it again, I'd see it in regular 2D

Not worth seeing it in 3D. 
With that being said, I thought it was a pretty good movie. The awkward hug with Voldemort and Drako got me 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 . Crazy how this is the final movie; I've seen each movie and wow, its all done. 

Not worth seeing it in 3D. 
With that being said, I thought it was a pretty good movie. The awkward hug with Voldemort and Drako got me 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 . Crazy how this is the final movie; I've seen each movie and wow, its all done. 

Just saw the film. Got to say it was great. I think its always hard to look at these films objectively because the books are THAT good.

But if you take the film for what it is and accept that certain things will be left and shortcuts have to be taken then you can fully appreciate it. Only thing I really wish they changed is the final battle between Harry and Voldemort (don't like how voldy just crumbled like that). And I also agree the 19 years later should have been after the credits.

Not gonna front it was very bittersweet for myself. The HP chapter has officially closed and I'm going to miss it dearly...

might have to reread all the books soon lol

Back
Top Bottom