Official HBO's The Newsroom Thread Vol: Season 3

A lot happened this ep. I mean damn. Really really good ep. Type of ep has this been on network tv would've been the finale after annoncing the cancellation :smh: :lol:

Mac and Will, Pill still simping for ol dude so she can't commit to the O'Boyle ethics prof., the whole Sloan nonsense :lol:

What I'm wondering is if they couldn't do the story cuz of fines based off of thinking Pruitt was gonna buy the company why didn't they just do it anyway once BJ Novak boy billionaire was back in the mix to buy? Start things off with either making him pay the fines or having them be forced to find another buyer. I feel that would've worked. Giving away the story was a waste.

That meeting in the rain to argue was so Sorkin :lol: :smh:

Mac has a lot of junk in the trunk :smokin

Still feel these 6 episodes have been unnecessary but I'm not mad that they were produced. I'd liken it to putting a nice bow on a gift as a finishing touch.

Just need to see Maggie & Jim finally pair up in these last 2 episodes and I'll be satisfied with this series.

Last edited:
Just need to see Maggie & Jim finally pair up in these last 2 episodes and I'll be satisfied with this series.

:x Maggie was really annoying until she went kinda crazy. Jim is aight but he's a lil @#$%* when it comes to dealing with the ladies.

HR dude trollin :lol:

Sloan & Don are the best match on TV

I kinda wish that black reporter dude had a bigger role they didn't show any parts of him running through the chicks at the network :smh:

Last edited:
whoever scored this episode did a really good job ... the rendition of Ava Marie brought out a nice moment for the season

Last edited:
Wow a really great episode. Loving this season so far.

What are you dudes talking about? Emily Mortimer has a flat back :lol:. She's still cute but there is nothing back there :lol:

Like the show because it's entertaining but I do have few problems with Sorkin's writing.

1. If Neal is hiding out in South America & Hallie was fired... Whose running manning ACN digital?:lol: No wonder they're in 4th place.
2. If Wyatt was investigating Don & Sloan just for fun, isn't that in it of itself an HR complaint?
3. Is Sorkin really trying to rekindle Maggie & Jim?
4. How has Reese gone for pariah to a likable character that you feel empathy for? That scene when he had his head on the desk as Mac was walking in.

That was a moving version of Ave Maria. That ep had the feel of a season or series finale.

He's extremely talented but I think Sorkin has been very wishy washy with how quickly he changes characters & such...

Show is still great mind candy...

Edit - Also, why is the head of HR forcing Don to accept his friend request on IG too? :lol: That constitutes as harassment & a huge HR no no.

Man, Grace Gumer looks so much like her mama...

Last edited:
So if the source isn't that chick then who is that chick

Or did Neil lie to will about the source

Last edited:
Wow a really great episode. Loving this season so far.

What are you dudes talking about? Emily Mortimer has a flat back :lol:. She's still cute but there is nothing back there :lol:

she looked like she had something in that marriage dress though

Oh Olivia...

:D

Really enjoying his season. Too bad it's the last.

As hot as I think Munn is, her acting comes across as nothing more than a good table reading amongst actors rehearsing.

I think that is the point no? As beautiful as Sloan is, she is no social butterfly. She is very awkward socially. Maybe that is why her lines are delivered the way they are. She is an economist, and does nothing but spit out facts all day like a robot.

:x Maggie was really annoying until she went kinda crazy. Jim is aight but he's a lil @#$%* when it comes to dealing with the ladies.

HR dude trollin :lol:

Sloan & Don are the best match on TV

I kinda wish that black reporter dude had a bigger role they didn't show any parts of him running through the chicks at the network :smh:

I think if Jim was with someone he truly loves {Maggie} he would treat her right. He might be an a-hole with Lisa and the Hallie because he doesn't really want to be with them or care for them in that way.

That entire HR thing wasn't even necessary, it served no purpose. I'm disappointed that we are only getting 6 eps. It looks like Neal won't make another appearance on the show. If they took out that stupid HR thing maybe we could have gotten a story line on Neal's departure to SA, and his communication with the source.

At the end of the day what is the point? Reese did hit on something when he mentioned Mac's influence on Will since she got there. Personally they are accomplishing things, but at what cost? They can't catch a damn break.

Like the show because it's entertaining but I do have few problems with Sorkin's writing.

1. If Neal is hiding out in South America & Hallie was fired... Whose running manning ACN digital?:lol: No wonder they're in 4th place.
2. If Wyatt was investigating Don & Sloan just for fun, isn't that in it of itself an HR complaint?
3. Is Sorkin really trying to rekindle Maggie & Jim?
4. How has Reese gone for pariah to a likable character that you feel empathy for? That scene when he had his head on the desk as Mac was walking in.

That was a moving version of Ave Maria. That ep had the feel of a season or series finale.

He's extremely talented but I think Sorkin has been very wishy washy with how quickly he changes characters & such...

Show is still great mind candy...

Edit - Also, why is the head of HR forcing Don to accept his friend request on IG too? :lol: That constitutes as harassment & a huge HR no no.

Man, Grace Gumer looks so much like her mama...

She does, and her sister who guest appears on The Good Wife too.

The source used to work at the Bing but Ralph saw an end to that

I don't recall seeing her in Sopranos.

If you are talking about the chick he was smashing with the braces then that aint her. WhenTony punched him for it and Ralph was screaming I'm a made guy?

That aint her.

Last edited:
Get the **** out of here! :wow: Those 2 Gummer sisters are different ppl?!!!

For the longest I thought they were the same person :lol: :smh: Just last night one of them was on Elementary. I technically still can't tell the two apart.

Get the **** out of here! :wow: Those 2 Gummer sisters are different ppl?!!!

For the longest I thought they were the same person :lol: :smh: Just last night one of them was on Elementary. I technically still can't tell the two apart.

The older one is blond, that is how I am able to tell. But Grace is on the new season of American Horror Story Freak Show

Back
Top Bottom