OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

as expected, qualifying games have that playoff feel while the round robin games not so much. at least not yet.

The NHL needed more than one preseason game to get them ready. Needed a few scrimmages like the NBA. Teams out there are clearly trying to shake off the rust.

The Rangers need to use this time to evaluate who's on the roster next season; David Quinn included. Par for the course with the Rangers, they play lackadaisical and soft. There hasn't been any urgency. What we've seen today would happen with Igor or Georgiev in net. A scary lack of preparedness.

he's pretty old so it was bound to happen. sucks they couldnt get him a ring

true but I feel like up until last season+ he was still the unquestioned #1 and now he's behind two rookies. Maybe i just never noticed.

sucks that he didnt get a ring, but...

Alec-Martinez-and-Kyle-Clifford-Los-Angeles-Kings-and-Henrik-Lundqvist-New-York-Rangers-2014-Stanley-Cup-Finals-Game-5.jpg

:smile:

Rangers never had a chance IMO no matter who was in net. Damn near half their roster is playing in their first playoffs. They don't get enough offense from the bottom 6 without Panarin and Zibby going ham.

How long has Lundqvist been washed? He's the third goalie now?

If you're solely looking at the box score, that's your first mistake. They could put a brick wall in front of the net and the opposing team would get quality chances. Panarin and Zibanejad are going to receive criticism, but where's Kreider? The defense is porous especially when Staal is on the ice. He and Brendan Smith have been brutal.

If you're solely looking at the box score, that's your first mistake. They could put a brick wall in front of the net and the opposing team would get quality chances. Panarin and Zibanejad are going to receive criticism, but where's Kreider? The defense is porous especially when Staal is on the ice. He and Brendan Smith have been brutal.

I haven't really been paying attention this season since the Kings are garbage, just watching games here and there and following team news. I assumed Henrik was still good money in NY but the rooks took over.

The Blame Henrik crowd is silent tonight. Goaltending was never the problem. Rangers are years away from competing. I don't want David Quinn on the bench in 20-21.

I don’t think Quinn is the problem. Team was still a year or so away from seriously competing.

I don’t think Quinn is the problem. Team was still a year or so away from seriously competing.

He was thoroughly outcoached and has zero answers or adjustments in the three games. This is who he is. Still playing dump the puck instead of puck possession.

They played zero games before getting straight into the playoffs. They were one of the hottest teams in the league and inserted themselves back into the playoff picture prior to the pandemic shutting everything down for three months.

They played zero games before getting straight into the playoffs. They were one of the hottest teams in the league and inserted themselves back into the playoff picture prior to the pandemic shutting everything down for three months.

We're going to use that excuse for everyone who gets eliminated? They didn't show up to play. Period.

Lol ok dude. Team was still a year or two away and looked like they’d been off for 3 months. But you know best.

They didn't belong out there though. They were 11th in the East for a reason. The pandemic afforded them the chance to get their young players a little bit of playoff experience they otherwise wouldn't have gotten.

I’m a die hard ranger fan, don’t get me wrong. But I’m also realistic when it comes to my teams expectations. Like I said, a year or two away.

The Blame Henrik crowd is silent tonight. Goaltending was never the problem. Rangers are years away from competing. I don't want David Quinn on the bench in 20-21.

i don't think anyone was blaming him. just noting he's on the decline. which is totally expected at this stage in his career

Back
Top Bottom