OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

Kronwall
pimp.gif

Hits like Rob Blake. But he's 1/2 the size.

Originally Posted by Rex Ryan

I'll be in the building at staples center tonight
pimp.gif

Nice.  I'm actually trying to get tix for Sunday, but prices are ridiculous.    Laker price ridiculous 
laugh.gif

Had no internet last night welp....but Devils dominated the 1st period, Rangers dominated the 2nd.....and they still had a 2-1 lead despite looking sluggish all game
sick.gif

Rangers just did not match the Devils intensity in that 3rd period, seems to happen with them more often than not. They seem to always bounce right back when things look ugly.

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Originally Posted by Rex Ryan

I'll be in the building at staples center tonight
pimp.gif

Nice.  I'm actually trying to get tix for Sunday, but prices are ridiculous.    Laker price ridiculous 
laugh.gif

Get the tix on the day of the game. I got center ice tix in the 300 section for about 70 a piece on stubhub a few hours ago

I don't know how you can say they dominated the second period. They got a fluke goal and the Devils forecheck had em on their heels in the second even after the PP goal. Devils have dominated every period outside of the 3rd in Game 1.

Originally Posted by Proshares

I don't know how you can say they dominated the second period. They got a fluke goal and the Devils forecheck had em on their heels in the second even after the PP goal. Devils have dominated every period outside of the 3rd in Game 1.
Agreed.

Through the first 2 games, the Rangers really haven't mounted much of a forecheck or had any sustained offensive pressure. Their scoring has come also exclusively on the PP (3/5 goals were on the PP, and one even-strength goal was an EN). Similarly, NYR has been content with leaving 3 men back (seen a lot of 1-on-3 NJD forechecks), and "covering the house" in their own zone.

Yea, they've really excelled at collapsing on Henrik and blocking as many shots as possible. Devils adjusted and were extremely patient before shooting, esp on the Kovy PP goal. Devils had the best PK in the league this season but Florida and now the Rangers are destroying it.

Originally Posted by True Blues

Originally Posted by Proshares

Agreed.

Through the first 2 games, the Rangers really haven't mounted much of a forecheck or had any sustained offensive pressure. Their scoring has come also exclusively on the PP (3/5 goals were on the PP, and one even-strength goal was an EN). Similarly, NYR has been content with leaving 3 men back (seen a lot of 1-on-3 NJD forechecks), and "covering the house" in their own zone.
I say dominated "lightly", just in terms of the energy level Rangers were taking it to them especially after the first goal....the door to the penalty box not opening up almost killed their surge.
laugh.gif

3rd period Rangers could not get the puck out their own zone, something the Devils did rather well last series.

NYR tend to have games like that though, but no matter what happens they are in every single game, very frustrating at times.

At this point, anything less than the cup will me a major downer.

This team is hitting on all facets. I love that they are pests on the fore check, it would bug the hell out of me if I were the opposition.
Kings are used to being in 1 goal games for most of the season, so this nothing new for them.  

Ced/Rex Ryan, wish I can do that, but lately it's been so busy at work, I have to give advanced notice 
laugh.gif

They said on NHLN last night the last 3 teams to start the playoffs 11-1 all lost in the Cup Finals. If they lose GM 1 to NY/NJ it will be interesting to see how they react. 

was that callahan getting robbed? he shouldnt have pulled it back, just take a hack at it before marty can get over

NYR can get outplayed during a game and then all of sudden come out with these bursts, their defense just keeps them in every game.
pimp.gif

Finish Rangers.

Back
Top Bottom