OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

Between losing game 1 in OT on a boner and getting scored on with 50 seconds left...Jesus Christ. The magic just ain't there like last year

those two loses sting hard, im sure..

Speaking of which, Sorry Frink and French for posting this but I love the call the Blue's local broadcasters had for Game 1s OT winner..

Last edited:
those two loses sting hard, im sure..

Speaking of which, Sorry Frink and French for posting this but I love the call the Blue's local broadcasters had for Game 1s OT winner..

Why do you have to be so hurtful?

:frown: :frown: :frown:

:tongue: in all seriousness though, the blues just straight outworked them. absolutely nothing happening in the offensive zone, and their pressure all over the rink just discombobulated the team. daryl and the crew need to work it out. im glad that they didnt fall apart and were holding their own despite the opposition, but all the breaks (tonight, and that hot mess vid above) go to aggressors.

any ideas, french?

I am confident that the Red Wings will win this series. BIG character game for the boys tonight.For us to get up like that, let them come all the way back and then have the mental poise to seal the deal on the ROAD was awesome. DeKeyser and Brunner did some great things tonight, not to mention Nyquist! I feel like for this new look Wings team to conquer an emotional roller coaster like tonight and get their first road win will give this team major confidence. Series 1-1 baby :smokin

And now the Ducks have to come to Hockeytown for two games... :evil:

Caaaaaarrreeeyyyyyyy....Caaaaaarrreeeeeyyyyy....Caaaaarrreeyyyy!

Just watches highlights for the MTL game. He looked soggy. I like.

Also...bonded with a Toronto fan today in Hawaii (here for a friends wedding). We were out surfing and he was giving me pointers since I suck at it. Nice dude. He said Toronto is ecstatic about being in the playoffs and that it's madness there. He wasn't a big Kessel fan :lol:

Gonna be at the Pond tonight for Game 2. Just need to stay out of the box and I think we'll be fine.:pimp:

Surprise surprise :rolleyes

That penalty on Souray to end the game was absolute donkey ******g ******** though. Abdelkader spears Souray in the nuts and Souray slashes him in the leg. Souray gets the only penalty with under a minute in a tied ******g playoff game. Way to go refs.:stoneface:

The Ponda was absolutely electric tonight though. I lost my voice from screaming so much. Had an absolutely wonderful time even with the loss. Some real idiot Wings fans in attendance doing their best trying to get thrown out, but did have two good ones in my row who were very respectful, knowledgeable fans. We even shook hands after it was over and wished each other luck. :lol:

And I'll repeat myself again. If we stay out the box, I have no doubt we win this series.

Last edited:
The Caps dominated that game. Honestly, they could have and should have won about 7-3. This is a different looking Caps mob but there isn't a chance in hell anyone is beating Pitt in a 7 game series with their all-star squad. How the league let them get everyone is a travesty.

Or Shero is just a genius :tongue:

Caps definitely outplayed NYR that game. Game 2 for Pitt tonight, I can pretty much guarantee Kid won't play again, though he did move to his normal line in practice

Also...bonded with a Toronto fan today in Hawaii (here for a friends wedding). We were out surfing and he was giving me pointers since I suck at it. Nice dude. He said Toronto is ecstatic about being in the playoffs and that it's madness there. He wasn't a big Kessel fan :lol:

1. It's not madness here, admittedly I live in black to, but I work in the more hockey friendly areas and they are front running losers people barley talked about the leafs until this..

2. Don't under estimate them, they really are pure evil, just 1 playoff win will bring on there inner horribleness.

3. People in TO always try to act like it is a hockey city on par, with Vancouver, Montreal, it's not even close. :lol:

4. Also they ALWAYS hate the most skilled player on the team, it's a Toronto tradition, thats why it's the screwface capitol, they never really appreciated sundin, and they hate kessel, they love mid tier tough guys like Wendel Clark or worthless fighters like Domi, they become god here. Most of the hardcore fans who watch the team are suburban soft white kids, they like tough guys because they themselves aren't tough and wish they were. :lol:

The, Worst.

:x

:x

Last edited:
Barrett Jackman with a wicked wrister! WOW!

Probably the only time ever, you will hear that phrase.

I'm still in dismay over the way the first 2 games have ended on break downs defensively.

:frown: :frown: :frown:

:tongue: in all seriousness though, the blues just straight outworked them. absolutely nothing happening in the offensive zone, and their pressure all over the rink just discombobulated the team. daryl and the crew need to work it out. im glad that they didnt fall apart and were holding their own despite the opposition, but all the breaks (tonight, and that hot mess vid above) go to aggressors.

any ideas, french?

Crash the net, take everything to the goaltender. That's the only way around the STL defense.

The other idea I have is shuffling the lines AGAIN. Call me crazy but I'd move Richards to the top line and bring down Kopi with Carter and King Clifford.

Kopi is MIA so far in this series. STL should get credit for keeping him at bay along with Carter.

Kings doing a good job at matching STL toughness but I think they get lost in that too much. You see a guy like Kopi trying to crush people and push back, we don't want him to do that, we want goals.

This is the time of year you miss a guy like Matt Greene and Willie Mitchell.

It's been a fun series to watch but I'd be happier if it was 1-1 right now. :frown:

Last edited:
1. It's not madness here, admittedly I live in black to, but I work in the more hockey friendly areas and they are front running losers people barley talked about the leafs until this..

2. Don't under estimate them, they really are pure evil, just 1 playoff win will bring on there inner horribleness.

3. People in TO always try to act like it is a hockey city on par, with Vancouver, Montreal, it's not even close.
laugh.gif

4. Also they ALWAYS hate the most skilled player on the team, it's a Toronto tradition, thats why it's the screwface capitol, they never really appreciated sundin, and they hate kessel, they love mid tier tough guys like Wendel Clark or worthless fighters like Domi, they become god here. Most of the hardcore fans who watch the team are suburban soft white kids, they like tough guys because they themselves aren't tough and wish they were.
laugh.gif

The, Worst.

sick.gif

sick.gif
my dude just summarized Toronto to a T,

I'm still in dismay over the way the first 2 games have ended on break downs defensively.
Crash the net, take everything to the goaltender. That's the only way around the STL defense.

The other idea I have is shuffling the lines AGAIN. Call me crazy but I'd move Richards to the top line and bring down Kopi with Carter and King Clifford.

Kopi is MIA so far in this series. STL should get credit for keeping him at bay along with Carter.

Kings doing a good job at matching STL toughness but I think they get lost in that too much. You see a guy like Kopi trying to crush people and push back, we don't want him to do that, we want goals.

This is the time of year you miss a guy like Matt Greene and Willie Mitchell.

It's been a fun series to watch but I'd be happier if it was 1-1 right now. :frown:

i agree on crash the net, but they can barely get into the zone without the Blues' pressure forcing a turnover. no sustained action in the offensive zone at all.

and i did notice that Kopi was working along the boards more and hitting more. i assumed he was trying to force the action, and since hes 6' 3" 240something, he can handle it. but youre totally right, he needs to be putting up points. but they were on their heels the whole night it seemed. dump and chase didnt work, any puck carrier got smothered by 2 or 3 blues at the blueline. and mitchell's passing is sorely needed right now.

No one can tell me that fights don't swing momentum.

Isles were a different team after this scrap.

Okposo :wow: :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom