OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

Kings and Blackhawks are better teams than us. Kopitar, Gabby, Toews, and Kane are different animals than who we have played so far, but have to give a lot of credit to Vigneault for shutting down the Giroux, Crosby, and Subban. This is why Sather traded for MSL.

We're going to have to play the perfect series regardless comes out of the West. Personally, I hope it's CHI just from a travel standpoint.

I've said it many times before, but I've always thought that Henrik Lundqvist was the best goalie in the world. I absolutely want him to cement his legacy by winning a cup. To do it in NY would elevate his status even more. Despite my irrational hatred for that bag of flour, Boyle, the Rangers are an easy group of guys to root on. No matter who comes out of the west, it won't be an easy road to win it for the Rangers, but Lundqvist clearly has the ability to steal a series.

*grits teeth*

Go Blueshirts...

To be in that building last night was absolutely great. Although at times it was more nervousness with all the tension in the air considering what was going down.

That defense in the 3rd was an absolute thing of beauty. Like many have said, Rangers will be dogs in the Stanley Cup, but are fully capable of stealing it IMO.

Still bummed out about last night but GG and good series to the Rangers fan,you guys played a hell of a series and ended up being the better team. Congrats on getting back to the final,I''ll be pulling for Henrik,Marty and co to also take care of business now in the final.

Guess w'e'll just have to wait another year again too see the Habs get back in the final but they still had a heck of a surprising run and a great season so I'm proud of them, loving this teams potential for the near future.

Still bummed out about last night but GG and good series to the Rangers fan,you guys played a hell of a series and ended up being the better team. Congrats on getting back to the final,I''ll be pulling for Henrik,Marty and co to also take care of business now in the final.

Guess w'e'll just have to wait another year again too see the Habs get back in the final but they still had a heck of a surprising run and a great season so I'm proud of them, loving this teams potential for the near future.

Canadians got going too late in the series. They looked like an entirely different team after game 2. They made the rangers work or it but taking 2 in the garden after being down 0-2 is a tough task.

Anyhow my body is ready for tonight.

Canadians got going too late in the series. They looked like an entirely different team after game 2. They made the rangers work or it but taking 2 in the garden after being down 0-2 is a tough task.

Anyhow my body is ready for tonight.

Yeah they should've been playing with that sense of urgency right after that game 1 debacle but they waited too late :\. Still have to hand it to the Rangers,they thoroughly outplayed them on the road outside of game 5.

I'm excited at the teams future prospects though with Price really coming into his own after the Olympics and during the playoffs. Tokarski's more than proven to he's a worthy backup as well. Hopefully that means no more Budaj most likely :lol:

Hoping for a LA-NY final tonight,it would have all the making of a classic series.

What this series also did for me is it made me that much more disgusted with the Gomez-Mcdonaugh trade :lol: :x :smh:. PK + RM on the blue line would've been unreal.

Last edited:
Guys, I am on CLOUD NINE right now. Only time I've experienced anything like this is by playing NHL career mode :lol:... Couldn't be more proud of the boys & I'm just hoping we can reach the ultimate goal -- Lord Stanley. Everybody is writing us off already and it's true we will be underdogs regardless of who we face, but the silver lining I see in all of this is HENRIK LUNDQVIST & the fact that this team has proven me wrong all spring. Here's to a great finals, enjoy dudes.

Last edited:
Guys, I am on CLOUD NINE right now. Only time I've experienced anything like this is by playing NHL career mode
laugh.gif
... Couldn't be more proud of the boys & I'm just hoping we can reach the ultimate goal -- Lord Stanley. Everybody is writing us off already and it's true we will be underdogs regardless of who we face, but the silver lining I see in all of this is HENRIK LUNDQVIST & the fact that this team has proven me wrong all spring. Here's to a great finals, enjoy dudes.
roll.gif

congrats to all the NYR fans tho! I was pulling for the Habs, but its cool to see the Rangers get in there

Unfortunately, I can't see them beating either of the teams from the West.

What a glorious day...:pimp:

This is nearly as good as the Bruins actually winning in the semis. Small step below, which is sad :lol:

Hope the Rags can pull it off, but either way it should be a great finals regardless of the west winner.

Still excited about Rangers making it to the finals and I know it's a uphill battle with whoever comes out the west

Last edited:
I've said it many times before, but I've always thought that Henrik Lundqvist was the best goalie in the world. I absolutely want him to cement his legacy by winning a cup. To do it in NY would elevate his status even more. Despite my irrational hatred for that bag of flour, Boyle, the Rangers are an easy group of guys to root on. No matter who comes out of the west, it won't be an easy road to win it for the Rangers, but Lundqvist clearly has the ability to steal a series.

*grits teeth*

Go Blueshirts...

Rangers fans know Boyle is a vag. But he's OUR vag. Can't imagine that they are scared of gabby to be honest

Last edited:
Blackhawks and Kings both pose separate threats to the Rangers, but I think I rather play Chicago.

Chicago reminds me of a small and quicker version of Montreal, and LA is big, tough with 4 lines they can throw out there to score. I'm taking Hank over Quick, but he's no slouch.

Should be scared of Gabby Dub :lol: dude is playing out of his mind this postseason...right now, it's Hank/Drew/Gabs for CS IMO.

Random.

in light of Miami four straight finals.

Those Islanders squads have been completely forgotten by sports history, they made 5 STRAIGHT FINALS, Mike Bossy and them, that has to be one of the greatest feats in north American sports.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom