OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

whatcha gonna do Blackhawks...

Ummmm, win.

I know you guys hate this, but if and when the Hawks win, can they be called a dynasty? Well I guess they need like 4 cups minimum right?

I know you guys hate this, but if and when the Hawks win, can they be called a dynasty? Well I guess they need like 4 cups minimum right?

Yes they can, and technically it's 3 cups to be considered a dynasty.

Let's look at the scenario if they win
-5 western conference final appearances
-3 Stanley cups (nearly became 4)
-salary cap era
-a HOF caliber roster
-have made the playoffs every year for the past 7 years

They're one of the best hockey teams in recent memory.

3 in 10 is my criteria...

What's scary is that we will have Kane and Toews together for another 8 years.

This Blackhawks team can become one of the greatest and most dominant teams of all team. They've brought many new fans to the sport of hockey (like the Bulls did for the sport in the 90s)

So yes

meant to post this earlier. saw on the gym tv this morning that stevie Y was asked about how many consider Toews the modern day Stevie Y. Steve basically responded with, "I don't see it at all. Toews is bigger, fast, stronger, and smarter. In my day, I was an offensive guy that evolved to also play a defensive game. Jonathan came into this league as the ultimate two way guy."

that type of humility/honesty blows me away. maybe it's not a huge deal, but i just appreciate the honesty and insight in those comments. it's a lazy comparison to a degree, but Steve nailed it IMO. he could have easily given some cliche response instead. glad he didn't.
nthat.gif
Stevie is the best. My favorite hockey player ever, and also one of the most humble dudes in the game. Biggest reason why I'm cheering for Tampa despite them taking out the Wings.
I already call it a mini dynasty honestly. It's so hard to repeat that success in both the playoffs and regular season year after year. Even making the conference finals as often as they have is an incredible accomplishment. I hate the Blackhawks, but gotta give em props for what they've done.

As a newer fan, Hawks are definitely my second favorite team to watch after the Rangers. They play such a fun style of hockey and love showing up in big moments.

Must be an NT thing because I got told those were hideous, ugly, and disgusting :lol:

No hockey tonight, but who you guys got in NBA? I want Cavs to win because the butthurt levels will be too much. :evil:

bit off topic but y'all see the Concepts x M&N collab, these are too :pimp:

Is this so that Canadians have something to wear in the summer...?

:tongue: looks cool though I'd want to see some for every team, maybe even alternate logos

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom