OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

bob mckenzie's tweets aren't nearly as encouraging, guys...either he's being a debbie downer or others are being WAY too optimistic at this point. not really sure what to think at this point.

Yo chill with the we're back. Until its in black and white... :lol:

Discipline boys, disicpline.

i think with the NHL bending further on the make whole to 300Mill in exchane for contracting rights which i read its like a 7yr max is more than enough here. I was thinking the happy medium would be 8yrs. imo. close enough PA needs to just come on with it now. Make minor tweaks around the edges to the curreent proposal and get back on the ice ...ASAP

whats this variance thing they pa is complaining about now?

ANyways, meetings to continue today.

Fehr...............

**** hit the fan so hard tonight. :smh:

this Bettman and Daly presser was just, Wow. Dudes let the PA have it. They were HEATED. If there is any presser you were to watch. Its this one. When hearing this live, **** was epic

Tried to find a YT video but this will have to do.. Itll take you straight to the press conference.

http://watch.tsn.ca/clip822014#clip822014

The players need to fire Fehr or put it up to a vote.

Last edited:
man...what a buzz kill for the last few days. was ready to get fired up for hockey coming back.

thanks for posting the video. bettman looked furious...ready to explode.

heard the rumors if it coming back to only see this :stoneface: :stoneface:

i hope the players realize they have no chance at winning this.

The swing in this thread from sheer joy to pure hatred. :lol:

Im so very close to walking away from the NHL.

I don't know if I've mentioned it in this thread or not, but when the lockout began I told my friends that if the season is cancelled, I'm done with NHL hockey altogether.

I've seen the Bruins win a Stanley Cup, I don't need to enable these idiots any longer.

The swing in this thread from sheer joy to pure hatred. :lol:

Im so very close to walking away from the NHL.

I don't know if I've mentioned it in this thread or not, but when the lockout began I told my friends that if the season is cancelled, I'm done with NHL hockey altogether.

I've seen the Bruins win a Stanley Cup, I don't need to enable these idiots any longer.

:frown:

Only reason I am waivering. 22 years as a fan, I just want one Cup.

i don't think i could walk away. college, minors, juniors...all very entertaining. but nothing compares imo. and it's not like coverage for any of that is even half as good. the bruins are my favorite team in my favorite sport...can't walk away from it. it's dumb, but i can't. if this was happening in baseball, i'd walk away no problem. can't do it with hockey.

Last edited:
i don't think i could walk away. college, minors, juniors...all very entertaining. but nothing compares imo. and it's not like coverage for any of that is even half as good. the bruins are my favorite team in my favorite sport...can't walk away from it. it's dumb, but i can't. if this was happening in baseball, i'd walk away no problem. can't do it with hockey.

I get it, and honestly feel the same way. However I am upset about the whole thing and will make a point by not supporting it, at least financially. I will watch some games but no tickets, no gear, etc. They won't get a buck

Greg Wyshynski ‏@wyshynski

Hearing 2 other NHL teams have staff called back or on standby. That's 4 total. Again, could be precaution. ****'ll move fast after deal.
Expand

Meetings set to start back up tomorrow. I still think we'll have games starting in January.

:lol: yeah im approaching this with much more caution this time. had my emotions on a helluva roller coaster last week

Your 2012 NHL Thread Fantasy Football League Champion....

Me. 8)

Id like to thank my athletic ability for making me continue to play sports well into my 20's, thus missing the draft, and forcing the auto-draft to draft me one of the greatest teams ever assembled.

I'd like to thank my GM'ing genius for trading away the best player in all of fantasy football (AP) for Roddy White, who came through in week 16. Literally, the only good thing about that trade. :lol:

I'd like to thank fate for letting my championship win be over DecembersOwn, AKA Chris, AKA MinnesotasOwn, AKA cheers for too many teams, AKA was making moves all year but still couldnt beat the best team assembled in the history of assemblies or history.

I'd like to thank the Texans for resting the #1 overall pick, Arian Foster. Forcing him to accumulate 0.90 points. And me STILL almost hitting 150 points on the week.

I'd like to thank the NHL for locking out and giving me enough time to watch a few NFL games a week.

I'd like to thank my new Galaxy S3 for having an app that I could view my team and make adjustments from anywhere. I have had a Blackberry for the last 10 years, so these app things are magnificent.

Thank you NT, for acknowledging me as the greatest football mind on the site, via factual, irrefutable proof.

Last edited:
I made a couple decent moves, but in all honesty, this championship is about 95% luck :lol:

Thanks either way, though. Be nice to watch a football game for fun now.

Hey now... If you compared my team from wk 1 to the finished product and all the moves in the waiver wire i made throughout the weeks...and how I ran off like 8 wins in a row in the process and made it to the ship. I pat myself in the back..I did work :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom