OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

wow rangers kill the arnott deal? wonder what's up with him. old nagging injury? i'm sure a guy his age has tons :lol:

“He just hasn’t played well,” Tortorella said. “I don’t know what the reason is. He just hasn’t played well. That’s something we really have to talk about as an organization, because I still think he needs to go through the process, and that’s something that we have to — what’s best for Chris and us — we have to make a decision here. I don’t want him in a situation here with the scrutiny on this club.”

Tortorella was reluctant to overpraise Kreider last spring, when Kreider scored more playoff goals than any other N.H.L. player who had yet to make his regular-season debut. Tortorella reminded reporters of that after Wednesday’s game.

“I told you guys this last year, he did some really good things and did some not so good,” Tortorella said. “We need to be really careful with how we’re dealing with a kid with a number of assets to make sure that the process is correct for him. So those are discussions we’re going to have.”

With the N.H.L. lockout on, he started this season with the Rangers’ A.H.L. affiliate in Connecticut and did not look great: 5 goals, 12 points and a minus-6 mark in 33 games. Tortorella was asked if he could send Kreider back to the A.H.L.

“Sure, and it shouldn’t be a shock,” he said. “I’ve seen players ruined because you put them in a situation and they just struggled and they don’t succeed and they never come out of it. They’re done. They’re out of the game. I do not want to see that happen to him. He has too many assets, and he has not played well, and he knows that.”

:smh: :smh: :smh: :smh:

I don't know what to say. he destroyed it in the playoffs.

Last edited:
As far as I'm concerned Suter>Weber. Give Suter some time to adjust and get some more experience on the blue-line, and you'll see the normal Suter. Big change to go from playing with Weber to playing with the most inexperienced defense in the league.

MAF played nicely today and glad the Pens got the shoot out win. Neal, Crosby, and Makin...pretty sick SO lineup
That shootout was money for the Pens. Hawks keep rolling. I am still dreaming of a Chicago - Pittsburgh Stanley Cup.

Want the caps to piece together a trade that sends John Carlson/Marcus Johansson to Montreal for PK Subban and filler.

DO IT, MITCH.

I knew the Hawks would be solid because they didn't add too many new pieces and were familiar with each other. But damn, they're really skating well.

Toews and Hossa both look so much better then last year.

pimp.gif

Part of me hopes Holmgren sent an offer sheet to Subban, we could REALLY use someone like him to give Kimmo and Coburn a break, guy is young and will be a top dman in the league for the next 12yrs.....I heard the Habs GM offerred him like 2 years 5.5 mill total?! If so thats just disrespectful :lol:...not gonna count our luck after what happened with Weber this summer but I can dream though

Flyers can't afford to offer anyone a league minimum contract. Only 12 K under the cap.

Big test for the Ducks on Tuesday @ San Jose. Vatanen and Etem making their NHL debuts too. :pimp:

We can still LTIR Pronger and free up 5-6 million if need be just like we did last season, even with the new CBA...so I'm holding out hope, even though its slim to none

I think the Flyers just gotta roll with what they have this year and set up for a run next year

Sometimes a step back is a step forward such as not overpaying Matt Carle

This shortened season is going to benefit San Jose the most out of all the other teams. The problem with the Sharks is that they always fizzled out during the playoffs. With a shorter schedule I think they'll be able to do well and go deep into the playoffs if they can survive a mid-season slump and then turn it up again towards the end of the season and into the playoffs.

This shortened season is going to benefit San Jose the most out of all the other teams. The problem with the Sharks is that they always fizzled out during the playoffs. With a shorter schedule I think they'll be able to do well and go deep into the playoffs if they can survive a mid-season slump and then turn it up again towards the end of the season and into the playoffs.

Speaking of SJ, just watched the vid of Clowe tuning up Kassian. Clowe is strong as ****. Dude was rag dolling Kassian who goes around 220....

Are we watching the same fight?

Tugging on a guys jersey and "ragdolling" are not the same thing. Clowe won the fight to be sure, youre right. But Clowe isnt man-handling him by any means.

hamilton AGAIN with a heads up pass tonight on the eventual winner.

marchy and horty's goals tonights :wow:

:pimp:

Are we watching the same fight?

Tugging on a guys jersey and "ragdolling" are not the same thing. Clowe won the fight to be sure, youre right. But Clowe isnt man-handling him by any means.

I know the Canucks are your squad, but Clowe was yanking Kassian around like he was a child. RAG DOLLED.

The hell were u watching????

:lol: @ him not being man-handled. Whatever you say....

Last edited:
If you tug on anyone's jersey while on skates thats going to happen. But I can see what you're saying I guess.

Kassians a goal scorer now, he doesnt have time for that. :lol:

Del zotto nice shot!

Bryz is making some dirtyyy saves. Philly looks tired

Last edited:
Seth Jones is the real deal holyfield number 1 or 2 pick, legit two way blueline prospects as big and as strong as he his come around not too often.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom