OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

Kellys roast beef mention. Had that every day when visiting my friends boy in Rainier MA. Such bomb surf and terf

Ovi always seems to have MAFs number, if Marc starts look for Alex to get a goal or two

Ovi always seems to have MAFs number, if Marc starts look for Alex to get a goal or two

I think Tomas VOkoun got the nod for this afternoon.

That being said, I'll be SHOCKED if the Caps win today. They are really bad. Says a lot when their best defenseman so far is John Erskine, and he's suspended for 3 games.

I'm gonna say 5-2 Pens.

I'll just leave this here :lol:

I would also assume Vok since MAF went yesterday. Regardless the Pens are still too inconsistent to count on a W. :lol:

Beauty face off for the first goal. Nice play by Wash to retaliate. C'mon James, can't leave him like that :lol:

Can't imagine if Sid was doing that, would cue the 10 'crying' comments :tongue:

Pens doing a nice job in front of the net

thanks chris :pimp:

ray bourque's kid made me eat my words a bit last night. nice goal by him which ended up standing up as the game winner. nice fist pump celebration...just like his dad used to do :lol:

Last edited:
The Caps just need to blow it up. Trade evrybody.. srs. Get grade A prospects and picks.. keep your goalies even though Holtby is garbage right now... hes real young.

I cant believe Oates is the same guy who made these type of plays happen

to the special teams you see now.. The Caps are nowhere near a contender and won't be with this group.When Jason Chimera and Joel Ward are your scorers... yeah .. Backstrom isnt motivated anymore. Johansson is garbo. Ovi is complacent. Its just time to try find a different way.

There are 2 things that may be restricting about trading Ovi... One , his contract. Two, is the health of the Caps franchise.... It'd be a devistating blow.. But do you force yourself to having a player that is essentially on the decline? tough..

Last edited:
There isn't a lot of talent on the roster. Blaming it on the system is a cop-out, IMO. Roster construction falls on the GM. This is a VERY soft team.

EVERYTHING went wrong following the Montreal series a few years back. After they got upset, the organization panicked and made Boudreau change his style and ultimately led to him being fired. HUGE mistake.

Whatever....it's all about Seth Jones or Barkov.

Draft one of them, bring Kuz and FOrsberg over and this team will look 100% different than the trash we see playing right now.

Sens were looking so promising this year, then spezza goes down and messes up everything. Hopefully we can ship bishop out for a decent centre to fill that void.

I think murray and his scouts have done an wicked job, and we have some of if not the best prospects in the game. we will definitely be top contenders for in the next few years if everyone stays healthy.

and that goalie interference call on silfverberg was garbage!!! and hope that those potential points dont come back to haunt us in the end

Anyways with a healthy spezza back i doubt any team will want to see the sens in the playoffs, team is deep :smokin

opinions on the Powe & Palmieri acquisitions? I remember Powe being nothing special on philly and I also remember Palmieri being a highly touted prospect in the Devils' organization. What happened to him?

IDK if he was highly touted but they did think he'd be a part of the future. Took longer to develop than a kid with his skill set should I suppose. A hard worker with a big shot but he doesn't seem to improve on the stuff he needs to.

Palmieri is going to stay a career AHLer and a premadonna that thinks hes much better than he actually is.

Powe, is a very hard worker. He'll fit right in the in Tort's system. A shot blocking, gritty 4th liner. Hes def a upgarde in terms of speed as well as compared to Rupp..

I cant say that i liked the deal for the WIld getting Rupp .. because it just seems like a redundant move.

Kassian, Konopka, Rupp? Like.. why? Our 4th line played well too.. Cant do anything about it now.

And i thought nick palmieri couldve been used as trade bait/incentive for another deal.. Not for Rupp..

Meh. At least it adds a big *** dude to our lineup and frees up a contract spot.

I hope Fletcher has another deal coming...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom