OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

Still haven't slept. Had an entire 16" pizza, fingers, fries and a six pack. This **** is depressing. Feels like somebody died. :frown:

And if the Hawks play like they did when they put down the Wings 7-1?

1-6 Chicago's D is light years better than the Ducks. The Wings were able to get Datsyuk and Zetterberg out against the likes of Souray, Allen, and Sbisa consistently. That is asking for disaster. Three guys who turn the puck over more than they pass to teammates. Also, pretty sure Kane, Hossa, Toews, aren't going to pull the disappearing act Ryan and Perry did. You can quote me on this Wings win a MAX of 1 game.

Last edited:
Well ill take that great 1 game game on the sunday afternoon :lol:

I dont think the wings get hammered.. I say itll be a 6 game series. Potential to go 7.

You saying 2nd round bye... :lol: I think Howard plays great and Z, Kronwall, Dats, and Franzen will continue to lead the way... Idk if itll be enough for the hawks simply because of their depth but theyre not going to get steam rolled ....

Thats me though.

I mean, I'm not saying the Hawks are gonna come out and win every game 7-1, but I honestly feel the Wings are the weakest team left. It's going to be a quick series.

I feel ya. We'll see. Hopefully its good hockey though. I could careless who comes out this series but man i hope we see more games like that 1-0 game. That couldve been the game of the yr there.

Welp. That really hurts my soul, but congrats to the Wings especially Zetts and Dats. The SOLE reason they won this series is Zetterberg and Datsyuk completely outplayed Getzlaf and Perry. You just can't win Playoff series when your best line consists of 2 rookies and Dave Steckel.

Biggest winners tonight are the Hawks. They just got themselves a 2nd round bye.

Can't wait til the day Selanne retires and then for the season to start.

Oh and BTW Jimmy Howard is a disgrace to America, the NHL, and goalies everywhere. Never seen a goalie flop so much at the slightest breeze.

Too much sodium in this reply. Everybody said Anaheim had a 1st round bye when the series started and how did that work out?

kind of forgot to contribute to the thread this year, but i cant believe were going through this again as bruins fans. had tickets to the game, but sold them. i cant see another home elimination loss in person. also profited a lot so... :lol:

i want jagr flipped with seguin. i want jay pandolfo over seguin in this game. (half not joking) i dont think marchand has been as bad as everyone does, but he still hasnt been good.

i would honestly consider bumping up the 4th line minutes versus whats probably going to happen and cut them even more. at least they set tone. and throntons chance last night was one of the best.

i love claude but i think a loss tonight gets him the axe. he is so stubborn, contrarian, i dont know what...

lets go Bs.

Too much sodium in this reply. Everybody said Anaheim had a 1st round bye when the series started and how did that work out?

I'd love to see everyone who said that. Over half the "experts" I saw picked the Wings to win the series. And like I said in my post Zetterberg and Datsyuk willed them to victory. Not salty about anything other than Howard's BS. Wings deserved to win, but they're going to get wrecked by Chicago just the same as the Ducks would have by LA.

Last edited:
also, for nothing other than entertainment purposes, i want the Daug-man to play so he can score the game winning goal and have the greatest post game interview of all time.

Ready for game 7 tonight :pimp:...Rangers are 0-5 in game 7s on the road....hopefully that changes tonight :lol:

I kno this isnt the betting thread but since i got 50$ to blow i put a parlay bet in for both Underdogs tonight to win 224$ instead of bettin 50$ to win 90$. Goodluck to yall teams in these Game 7 matchups. 

Lets go Rangers and Toronto

Last edited:
kind of forgot to contribute to the thread this year, but i cant believe were going through this again as bruins fans. had tickets to the game, but sold them. i cant see another home elimination loss in person. also profited a lot so... :lol:

i want jagr flipped with seguin. i want jay pandolfo over seguin in this game. (half not joking) i dont think marchand has been as bad as everyone does, but he still hasnt been good.

i would honestly consider bumping up the 4th line minutes versus whats probably going to happen and cut them even more. at least they set tone. and throntons chance last night was one of the best.

i love claude but i think a loss tonight gets him the axe. he is so stubborn, contrarian, i dont know what...

lets go Bs.

Pretty much summarized my thoughts: Jagr needs to slide onto the wall with Bergeron. Either Marchand or Seguin can get moved down-- they're equally bad at this point. (As an aside, Seguin's game is looking an awful lot like Kessel's right now: he's skating a lot of circles out there and I can't recall an instance this series where he's driven to the net.) And the Merlot line definitely deserves more minutes. They are outplaying half the team's forwards right now.

I, too, had tickets to Home Game 4, and was ready to make the 10-hour trip down, but said, screw it and dumped them.

I predicted this was going 7 from the jump, and now that we're here, I know that we're going to lose. Bruins fans have been down this road far too many times with Claude, et al. In some ways, maybe a loss is what is needed to introduce some accountability to the organization? Stanley Cup aside, the team has had persistent issues on the PP, finishing teams and finding a reliable puck mover on the back-end for over 3 years. Responsibility lies here with the players, coaching staff and, to a lesser extent in my opinion, with the front office. A second consecutive first round exit to an inferior team might mean that the Bruins take some serious steps to (finally) address these matters.

I'm preparing for a loss tonight.

By the way, folks, I've been growing a beard in support of One Fund Boston-- the foundation established to assist victim's of the events at the Boston Marathon-- so please pledge me, if you can. I'd greatly appreciate it: http://t.co/zJhUlPWvSw. This might be the last day to do so.

Last edited:
me too.

I would say good luck to your team.... but we all know I'd be lying.
laugh.gif

Would B's fans agree Seguin relies too heavily on his skating ability and speed on the ice?

I've been hard on the kid for all of two seasons, and rightfully so.

yes, and he never wheels or cuts and curls or anything than try to split the d-men and go up the middle. if he could just slide stop, cut in and take a snap shot, he'd be exponentially more effective.

and props to TOR for that Thank You Seguin chant... :lol:

What in heavens name was Franson thinking? Son put it right on his tape on a weak backhanded clear to the middle portion of the ice. And it was a no look...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom