OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

Charlie Coyle meets the kid he waved to a few weeks back. Personally, one of my favorite sports moments of the year.

^^yep...no work and such a great sports day :pimp: winter classic at the big house is gonna be dope

Last edited:
Love te old school pads and Babcock even has the fedora with the jacket :pimp: I'd rock that style for every game if I were a coach :lol:

Paul Martin should not be on Team USA. Their defense could be in trouble.

Interested to see what they do with the goalies. Would like to see Quick, just  don't know how sharp he will be.

No Bobby Ryan either?

Last edited:
Hmm no jack Johnson?

Edit: I'm assuming too much of a liability?

Last edited:
Paul Martin should not be on Team USA. Their defense could be in trouble.

Interested to see what they do with the goalies. Would like to see Quick, just  don't know how sharp he will be.

No Bobby Ryan either?

If Ryan Miller plays like he did vs. the Caps a few nights back, we'll hopefully be in another gold medal game. Dude was completely locked in.

Winter Classic was fun as hell to watch. I'm going next year, but you never know what you'll get w/ DC temps during the first week of January. Could be bitterly cold in the 20's-30's, or it could be EXTREMELY mild in the mid to upper 50's. Hoping for the former.

Vancouver and Tampa should be good tonight. I'm leaning Canucks by a goal. Strong recent home form despite the SO loss to Philly.

Surprised no Bobby Ryan, but happy 3 rangers made it.....great game, im sure great atmosphere today, wish the tickets were a bit cheaper so I can hit the stadium games in the bronx...

WTF @ the defense!?

Fowler, Martin, Falk, and Orpik on Defense? Over Yandle, EJ, JJ and Byfuglien?

Fowards, the only true snub was Bobby Ryan.

Bylsma at work here . :rolleyes

Bishop and Okposo had cases as well. Since theyve been having great yrs.

Last edited:
http://espn.go.com/olympics/hockey/...us-hockey-team-bound-sochi-olympics-was-named

espn's scott burnside was following the US selection process from the inside. pretty long read, just read the first few paragraphs and ill finish it later. but i did see this:
Bobby Ryan was also in Vancouver and has been the most consistent of U.S.-born scorers, having tallied 30 or more goals four times for Anaheim before being dealt to Ottawa in the offseason. And yet there is surprising resistance to simply penciling him into a spot on the wing.

The issue is where he fits. If he's not a top-six forward, his skating doesn't really lend itself to him being a third-line checker. He cannot kill penalties, and while in Anaheim, he was not on the team's top power-play unit.

"I think he's sleepy. I think he skates sleepy," offers one member of the selection committee.

Poile asks for a show of hands: "Are guys nervous about Bobby Ryan?" A flurry of hands go up in the air.

i know he's a great scorer, but i havent seen enough of him to agree/disagree.

John Carlson made it :pimp:

He's really stepped up his game as of late.

No Okposo, Ryan, or Yandle is awful... :smh:

Last edited:
Aight.. SOME of these selections are still fbaffling to me. But its not that bad. Like I said, I agree with pretty much all forwards but Ryan should've been selected for sure.

As for the tenders... Thats fine, imo.

Defense.

Orpik should not be there.
Yandle and/or Erik Johnson should be there in exchange for Oprik. Martin has had an up year.

Back
Top Bottom