OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

Therrien got fired huh? :nerd:

Was looking at some possession stats

Webber has 4th worst possession stats (5 v5 Corsi close) on the team, only Emilin, Mitchell and Flynn are worse.

Meanwhile PK still dominating possession, when he's been healthy.

:lol:

3rd hat trick of year for Patrik Laine tonight
pimp.gif
8 goals and 4 assists vs. us this year 
laugh.gif

How do y'all only have 2 more points than us

Yikes...

Therrien got fired huh? :nerd:

Was looking at some possession stats

Webber has 4th worst possession stats (5 v5 Corsi close) on the team, only Emilin, Mitchell and Flynn are worse.

Meanwhile PK still dominating possession, when he's been healthy.

:lol:
All due respect,we're judging his worth by possession #'s?

Weber has more goals,assists and points to go with a better plus minus rating. I expect the possession stats to improve now that Julien is in charge

I still wish we had PK 100% but let's not act like the trade hasn't worked out well for both sides, so far :lol:

Last edited:
^ :lol:

repped. weber ain't the issue in MTL. i thought it's offensive production (good luck with Julien on that btw :lol: )

Last edited:
Montreal has some of the worst center depth in the league. They were running Phillip Danault at 1C for a long stretch. That's the biggest reason for their subpar play. Like I said when the trade was made I'd take playing against Subban in a playoff series 10 times out of 10. Weber just punishes opposing forwards in a 7 game series.

And "possession stats" are a ******* joke. They shouldn't even be called possession stats because they don't actually tell you who has possession of the puck. Example: Team A cylcles the puck in the Ozone for 2 minutes and has no shots on goal but hits the post on a cross ice one timer. Team B skates into the ozone and fires 2 weak wristers from non dangerous scoring areas. Guess who the "possession stats" say was better?

Last edited:

repped. weber ain't the issue in MTL. i thought it's offensive production (good luck with Julien on that btw :lol: )

Weren't you guys leading the league in possession with him at the helm this season?

Galchenyuk SHOULD be C, but the Habs for whatever the reason, play him on the wing.

This x10

One of the last positives of Therriens time was that he finally let him play his preferred position at centre before he got hurt. The lack of depth at C like LV mentioned has been absolutely exposed after he went out. Definitely something to be on the lookout for come deadline day...:nerd:

Last edited:

Weren't you guys leading the league in possession with him at the helm this season?

no clue. i know we haven't been playing well. not that it's his fault. we honestly don't have the depth that his system uses to succeed. when we went on those cup runs, we could roll 4 lines and not get ******. now it's like 2.5 lines :lol:

Back
Top Bottom