Official HTC Thread Vol. Scribe, Thunderbolt 4G, Evo Shift 4G, Inspire 4G for AT&T

my touch slide is not that impressive(as far as hardware is concerned) imo..
i'd go with the nexus one on t-mobile if you're looking for something now
otherwise wait it out- i'd like to see t-mo's answer to the evo4g, if they have an answer
or maybe the samsung galaxy s will arrive soon

^ by wait it out do u mean wait for the new iphone? Or wait for t-mobile to come out with something nice?

Im open to going to another service to.... any one know how much the HTC EVO will retail for and what the plan may cost monthly? Not willing to pay more than 100 a month.

Originally Posted by datprepboivinc3

STAY AWAY FROM THE HD2 Coming from someone who returned that crap
I'm still keeping mine but yeah, it's trash... well not trash, but far from complete. I don' blame WinMo, I blame that buggy $@+ Sense UI.

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

I'm still keeping mine but yeah, it's trash... well not trash, but far from complete. I don' blame WinMo, I blame that buggy $@+ Sense UI.
Did you try the Microsoft UI?

I dont see the big deal with the HD2..........My phone doesnt freeze up and doesnt have all the problems you guys keep complaining about.

But ive also had a win-mo phone before.......so it doesnt bother me.

I wonder how many people have turned off the Sense UI and used the other versions of the home screen that are available.......Probably none. (it actually doesnt look that bad, just no weather on the screen)

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Did you try the Microsoft UI?
Yeah, I ran 'The Today', it was fine, runs well. That's why I'm blaming Sense UI and not WinMo 6.5.

Originally Posted by Jiggaman414

anyone got the Eris? how is it??

i thought VZW stopped selling the Eris. Why not just get the Incredible?
But the phone doesn't look bad really simple in terms of smartphones

Originally Posted by gil23

Originally Posted by omgitswes

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

[h1]HTC Droid Incredible to Launch with 2 GB micro SD Card Free[/h1]
File under: News

By: Chuong Nguyen | Date: 26-Apr-10 | 3 Comments
The HTC Droid Incredible for Verizon Wireless is already well ahead of its counterparts--the HTC Desire and the Google Nexus One--in terms of available storage and application memory. The device already has 8 GB of storage memory built-in for storing music, photos, or videos, which is a good thing considering the device has an 8-megapixel camera. However, it seems that Verizon Wireless wants to give you additional storage by way of a free 2 GB micro SD card with the device.

You can check out the HTC Incredible, which is part of Verizon Wireless' Droid lineup, as well as the 2 GB micro SD card offer from the carrier's website.

I believe the Android Market just hit 50,000 apps.
glad I waited cause all I have is a 1GB card. just went ahead and pre ordered it today. Thursday can't get here fast enough
Bro you may want to invest on a faster card if u wanna do justice to that phone
wink.gif
......cant wait either
laugh.gif

yeah I'm going to get a larger card somewhere down the line. But question.....what does the SD card have to do with speed? I thought it just added extra storage instead of extra RAM

With all the HTC Incredible news floating around, we almost forgot about Sprint's Powerhouse Smartphone the HTC EVO 4G that will be released this summer. The HTC EVO 4G, announced at CTIA, is possibly the best known phone to hit the market this year.

According to Engadget, Sprint has a couple of unofficial launch dates in mind. The current rumored release dates are June 6th and June 13th, with more concentration towards the 13th.

Other leaks show us that HTC EVO 4G accessories have already been spotted in Sprint's inventory system, so we believe this to be a fairly soon happening event.

41325934b06d1d2cdf230c5ad7fd14f27019ded.gif

Originally Posted by holdenmichael

nexus one is your friend.... can't get a subsidy thru t-mobile HOWEVER its extremely comparable to da HD2 wit da android operating system.

What made you get away from a SideKick? Data loss?

How are you liking your Nexus One?

Did anyone here go to Android from an iPhone? If so, why and how do you like it?

im LOVING this phone right now....as it stands im LEVELS and LEVELS above other people's cellphone capabilities....da snap dragon processor makes task that i thought

were once a twinkle in my imagination as a child, a actual reality...i mean google earth is just jaw dropping on this, and da resolution of this phone is mindblowing.

da general public right now aren't used to seeing "super"smart phones yet...i had people asking me 100's of questions just on its live wallpaper. As far as my famous SK...

as soon as i figured out microsoft wasn't interested ONE BIT in terms of building on da sidekick brand and OS thru danger i knew da gig was gonna be up soon...

da data loss wasn't THAT bad considering most of my contacts i loss via cellphone numbers i also had via AIM Screen names & myspace/facebook page contacts so i recovered

everyone within 2-3 days.

another thing that made me switch is i wanted to get a head start in selling my sidekick and get da most outta it before da public becomes aware that t-mobile has officially

stopped selling da sidekick LX 2009 thru its website....

da silver lining in da whole thing is T-mobile owns da rights of da sidekick name, so you KNOW they'll name another phone a "sidekick" even if its a Android based phone

with a "mock up" sidekick os runnin on top of it to give it its "original feel"....

and as far a a Iphone, they better BRING IT with da HD/4g...cuz HTC is embarrassing them right now with da stuff they cooking up... and for da record YES my phone has

multi touch, and pinch to zoom..plus i got FREE turn by turn GPS navigation via google maps w/ street view....sick.

i dunno how.to.download.clean.ram....and how.in the.$$@%.do you.turn sense.off?

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

Dude.......explore the ENTIRE phone before you say you dont want or like it.

Windows>settings>menu>all settings>today>

at the bottom of the screen, it will say "items"

click on "windows default" or select everything you want on the home screen.......which will be the plain old windows screen people are used to.

Download OMARKET first........that will give you direct access to it. (or look in the market, there is a newer one you can use also)

so i shoulda got.a.nexus one instead of.this.damn hd2? great.

Yeah u should've.... android >>> sense/windows and da nexus one is 100% unlocked.

i'm wondering what makes the nexus one any different than the incredible?
I think they're pretty much the same since VZW isn't getting it

I want a nexus but damn $400- $500 bucks for a phone? I can't see myself dropping that much for a phone.

Originally Posted by omgitswes

i'm wondering what makes the nexus one any different than the incredible?
I think they're pretty much the same since VZW isn't getting it

looks like da incredible will have a 8MP camera as opposed to da 5MP camera that comes with da nexus one.

however this is definitely a CDMA device, so w/e quams you think you have about verizon as far as unlocking it you might

as well hold your peace now.

da king phones for companies goes as follows...

AT&T = new iphone (all other android phones will be crippled due to apple being jerks)

T-mobile = Nexus one, HD2 doesn't compete due to da ishhhy windows OS, and da N1 can be taken to AT&T although da phone is optimized

for T-mobile's brand of 3g.

Verizon = Droid & incredible, one have a physical keyboard and one doesn't but has a 8 bit MP cam and a qualcomm gig processor.

Sprint = EVO4G

Originally Posted by DLEE2703

I want a nexus but damn $400- $500 bucks for a phone? I can't see myself dropping that much for a phone.

nexus one is available subsidized with a new 2 year agreement...

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

Dude.......explore the ENTIRE phone before you say you dont want or like it.

Windows>settings>menu>all settings>today>

at the bottom of the screen, it will say "items"

click on "windows default" or select everything you want on the home screen.......which will be the plain old windows screen people are used to.

Download OMARKET first........that will give you direct access to it. (or look in the market, there is a newer one you can use also)
Seems like dude hasn't gone through the in and outs of the phone.
You can also download other third party UI's.
I believe omarket has the newest version

my tp2 has been tripping lately. internet is sooooo slow and i cant get the tethering to work. i need to take it in.

I don't see any problems with the HD2 thus far. Everything has been fine and I haven't had to do a battery pull once since I bought it. My BB9700 on the other hand, I need a reset almost every two to three days. In fact, I just lost all my BBM contacts since I put my sim in the old curve trying to email some evidence pics to my email
mad.gif

lol@ the navigation without sense...ive done that before tho...is the omarket different from marketplace? i havent had to restart my phone since i master reset tho...but still, opera is madd buggy and doesnt load pics, the reception is garb cause the antenna is in the bottom of the phone...

you like the phone? cool

defending it is foolish tho, i spoke with management in handheld support who told me flat out "what youre complaining about are 'known issues' with the phone...we cant 'fix' it or replace your device because youll still have those problems"

yet, youre defending it....attributing it to me not "knowing" the phone before i say i dont "like" it....

tmobile will tell you, these are "known issues"

like.now, full.3g connection, taking 10 refreshes and tries.to.post....smh

Back
Top Bottom