Official HTC Thread Vol. Scribe, Thunderbolt 4G, Evo Shift 4G, Inspire 4G for AT&T

the music player is pretty good, a lot better than WMP. but there are other music players out there that i have yet to try. and it looks like all new phoneswill have the 3.5mm jack.

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

Originally Posted by Emmanuel Goldstein

thanks for the info fellas ... for those of you that have the touch pro 1, what are the upgrades/benefits of touch pro 2 and the difference between this and the g1?

nevermind just watched that video
eek.gif

so whats the deal with customization of this phone? apps like aim and cool apps the iphone has?
You can the hack the phone and put various ROMs on it. Best aim app so far is Beejive, it's in beta form and it's free. http://forum.xda-developers.com/ is the mine site I use.
U do know that AIM now has a program for smart phones right? I had it on my Wing, which was pointless since I didn't have a data plan
laugh.gif

I'm not eligible for a full upgrade til August so I guess that'll give time to work out bugs and kinks in it. Nonetheless, I'm hype

Yea, I never looked into the AIM app since I've been happy with Beejive. You can also use different types of im'ers such as Yahoo with Beejive. But Ishould prob give it a try, just to see how it is.

So Touch Pro 2 is dropping for ATT and has a keyboard?

I`m looking into a new phone to cop, my contract has expired but I`m holding out until something great drops.

The Touch Pro 2 with out a keyboard and a slight different build/ set up. Is called the Diamond 2 both will be out on AT&T
So far Sprint plans to drop the Hero on 10/11 and they recently came out with the HTC Snap. Idk if they would release phones so close to each other. Maybe Dec.for the TP2, I think by then Wm6.5 will be officially out but I really don't know.

TP2 with 2 year contract is $299... $349 with 1 year contract...

Still debating between TP2 and mytouch... So far mytouch is in the lead due to its pricing
laugh.gif

DOEBOI would you mind not having a keyboard?
laugh.gif

htc-android-hero-rumor-rm-eng.jpg

Also idk if I posted this already but......

HTC Leo Now Speculated as Athena Replacement, Athena2
Posted by Chuong Nguyen
July 29th, 2009 at 05:40 AM
There have been so many identities for the leaked and rumored HTC Leo that it's beginning a lot more difficult to manage. The blogosphere is now stating that the Leo is in fact a replacement for the HTC Athena, a device that blurs the line between smartphone and mobile internet device (MID). While the Athena has phone features and data access for wireless connectivity, it's larger size accommodated a larger screen in its day with a detachable magnetic keyboard, making it a nice internet tablet.

The replacement for the Athena was documented in the HTC 2009 leak as the HTC Toth. The lineup features the Toth as a 1 GHz device with larger than 4-inch display, a screen size that is larger than even the Toshiba TG01's display.

Here are some rumored specs:

-Manilla 2.5
-WVGA/16:9 Screen/4.3"
-Snapdragon/1GHz
-8MP Camera--NEW (up from 5MP?)
-WM6.5
-320mb/512mb RAM/ROM

Perhaps this is the Athena2? Given that the Athena wasn't really officially announced for the US market, we'll have to wait and see if this device makes it stateside being subsidized by any of the big four carriers.

Leo.jpg

I been playin around with this thing for a few days now and the YouTube is
eek.gif
CRYSTAL CLEAR!!!! I compared the same video on the mytouch, not even close. Theonly downside is the battery life. Im not sure if I havent been charging it properly (because its always in my hands) but the battery hasnt been treating meso well.

I think battery life has always kinda been a problem for stock htc phones. but im glad that the video quality is good, especially with a big screen.

Yeah, thats true. Another thing I should mention, the YouTube loads slower than the MyTouch but its definitely worth waiting the extra few seconds. Ill do acomparison video soon.

Originally Posted by GhostWriter

Yo HollaKid619

Should I get the TP2 or the MyTouch? I'm in college if that helps.

Get the TP2. The MyTouch is for chicks if you ask me. I dont even use it. Microsoft is gonna open an app store in the fall so you can download more apps onthe go. Plus its much easier to manage Microsoft Office files if you need to look at some things from school while your out and about. If anything, youdefinitely need a keyboard if your gonna do anything with school. TP2 > G1 > Dash 3G > MyTouch 3G my suggestion for you.

Microsoft Office has come in hand. I'm in college also and if I have a random idea for a paper, excel, power point....just type it into my phone.

Originally Posted by HOLLAKID619

Yo HollaKid619

Get the TP2. The MyTouch is for chicks if you ask me. I dont even use it. Microsoft is gonna open an app store in the fall so you can download more apps on the go. Plus its much easier to manage Microsoft Office files if you need to look at some things from school while your out and about. If anything, you definitely need a keyboard if your gonna do anything with school. TP2 > G1 > Dash 3G > MyTouch 3G my suggestion for you.

Thanks man. If I'm eligible for a upgrade do I still have to pay the full price for the TP2? How much are they gonna retail for?

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

DOEBOI would you mind not having a keyboard?
laugh.gif
Yea thats the only thing thats making me worried
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by HOLLAKID619

Yo HollaKid619

Get the TP2. The MyTouch is for chicks if you ask me. I dont even use it. Microsoft is gonna open an app store in the fall so you can download more apps on the go. Plus its much easier to manage Microsoft Office files if you need to look at some things from school while your out and about. If anything, you definitely need a keyboard if your gonna do anything with school. TP2 > G1 > Dash 3G > MyTouch 3G my suggestion for you.
Thanks man. If I'm eligible for a upgrade do I still have to pay the full price for the TP2? How much are they gonna retail for?

Usually they just make you pay the cost for an extended 2 year like if you were getting a new contract...

Ughhh still havent made up my decision yet... And its annoying cause I need to get rid of this stupid *+% razr...

I had a razr before my Tilt, big/nice transition
laugh.gif

HTC Hero Sense UI Ported to Windows Mobile
Posted by CJ Lippstreu
August 3rd, 2009 at 08:30 PM

They sure do work quickly at XDA-developers, don't they? Zenulator (with help from vilord), from XDA, has ported the Android powered HTC Sense UI to the HTC Vogue (Touch). Despite the older specs of the Vogue, it's supposed to run quite well. He claims that his latest Hero build is as close to the real Hero as you'll get at the moment, without having to go out and buy the actual device. The video below backs that statement up as you can clearly see it running smoothly on the HTC Tilt.

Apparently, they've managed to get data, audio, GPS, Flash, Market, Gmail and all the HTC apps & widgets to work so far. SMS and the camera are also partially working. "From first boot up, it goes right to the HTC setup. After that, it goes straight into the Sense UI. There's a bit of lag initially, but after everything gets settled down, it becomes quite usable."

Zenulator has been working on two different builds, the full Hero UI and one that he calls BackInBlack or the "minimal build." The latter is a stripped down version that is a lot faster while still utilizing Sense UI and HTC widgets. Currently he's concentrating on the minimal build because of its speed, but he will have the full build out shortly. So far it is reported that it works well on several devices. Check out the XDA-developer's thread to see the lively discussion or to attempt to port it to your device.

(Thanks for the video, enatefox!)

http://pocketnow.com/news-archive/htc-hero-sense-ui-ported-to-windows-mobile

im just ready for the damn phone to drop
laugh.gif
i would love to have a HTC HD with the hero Sense UI on there i kno that would be crazy

I think the HTC Firestone which would be the HD 2 might be coming to the states, I hope so it's so
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom