Official HTC Thread Vol. Scribe, Thunderbolt 4G, Evo Shift 4G, Inspire 4G for AT&T

Unconfirmed reports mentioned that HTC Firestone has a 3.6-inch WVGA (800×480 pixels) resolution touchscreen display. The Firestone, the update of the Touch HD, is believed to be powered by Windows Mobile 6.5 Professional, with HTC's TouchFLO user interface, as well.

The HTC Firestone is rumored to feature an 8 megapixel camera, with a microSD card slot for extra storage, and the 600MHz Qualcomm 8250 processor, for a zippy experience. The Firestone is also believed to sport a standard 3.5mm audio port, accelerometer, and Bluetooth 2.0 with A2DP support for stereo headphones. Rumors suggest that the HTC Firestone is planned for an August 2009 launch.

eek.gif
if i can get that illcome to one of yall to teach me how to put the other software on it dont let me down
laugh.gif

question if i change from WM to the sense U would i be able to use the android market
nerd.gif
i know its a noob question
laugh.gif

[h2][/h2]
[h2]TeleNav GPS Navigator comes to T-Mobile's myTouch 3G[/h2]
by Chris Ziegler posted Aug 4th 2009 at 12:00AM

TeleNav has already launched its subscription turn-by-turn navigation service for the G1, so it stands to reason that official myTouch 3G support would be close behind -- and sure enough, the company has announced that its GPS Navigator app will be available for download to T-Mobile's second Android device starting tomorrow, August 5. The app features all of the goodies that TeleNav users have come to know and love, including traffic and incident monitoring with automatic rerouting, gas prices, business information, and a choice between 2D and 3D maps; additionally, you've got automatic day / night coloration, carpool lane and tollroad avoidance, and speech recognition for destination input -- a big plus when you're on the road and you need to keep distractions to a minimum.

We've been playing with a cut of GPS Navigator on our myTouch recently, and it delivers a totally usable car navigation experience -- a perfect complement to the comprehensive pedestrian capabilities of Google Maps. Most of the warnings from our G1-based review of the application carry over here -- you need true GPS reception, not merely cellular triangulation, so your phone will need a view of the sky to have a shot at picking up satellites (this also means that getting a location lock is a more time-consuming process, though it typically didn't take longer than a few seconds to do its thing). We're not digging how the colored lines that convey traffic information on highways flash; we'd rather they just stayed a solid color, the way most GPS systems handle it. We also found that the menus are a little wonky -- bringing your finger in contact with a menu item and swiping up or down to scroll would occasionally trigger the first item you touched, which ends up being a fairly annoying bug in practice. All told, though, if you can justify the expense, your $10 a month is going to net you a genuinely reasonable way to consolidate all of your help-me-I'm-lost needs -- whether by foot or by car -- into a single device.

Nice post Hollakid, the youtube on the TP2 looks
pimp.gif

Casper- That's a good question, never thought of it. I'll look into it

Now the touch pro is rumored to be going for $350 with a 2 year...
smh.gif
Probably going to pick up the mytouch today... Unless hollakid wants to sell me his
nerd.gif

HOLLAKID: Thanks for the pics but I'm hatin REAL hard right now.. did it come with a miniusb to 3.5mm adapter?

I'm seeing 349.99 as the 2-year price now. That plus a $100+ 32GB miniSD when they finally come out + these $120 bluetooth headphones I been looking atfor a minute... geez.. saving for a car just got a little bit harder..

Question, I have a grandfathered $19.99 BB data plan. It worked on my MDA but that was before 3G. Will I be able to utilize 3G speeds on my TP2 with the BBplan? (sidenote: T-Mo wont let be make any changes to my plan unless I drop the service first...NOPE)

I think it may be time to retire my G1, how is the browser on the TP2 compared to the G1 if the browser is just as good or better I'm copping?

Damn hollakid how many phones do you have
laugh.gif

With The Touch pro 2, you can download the Skyfire browser and it supports full flash. We watched every video on espn.com from the phone yesterday

Originally Posted by xDOEBOIx

Now the touch pro is rumored to be going for $350 with a 2 year...
smh.gif
Probably going to pick up the mytouch today... Unless hollakid wants to sell me his
nerd.gif

No can do sir
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by s0leFUNK

HOLLAKID: Thanks for the pics but I'm hatin REAL hard right now.. did it come with a miniusb to 3.5mm adapter?

I'm seeing 349.99 as the 2-year price now. That plus a $100+ 32GB miniSD when they finally come out + these $120 bluetooth headphones I been looking at for a minute... geez.. saving for a car just got a little bit harder..

Question, I have a grandfathered $19.99 BB data plan. It worked on my MDA but that was before 3G. Will I be able to utilize 3G speeds on my TP2 with the BB plan? (sidenote: T-Mo wont let be make any changes to my plan unless I drop the service first...NOPE)
Yeah it does come with the adapter. As far as the plan.... not too sure. This woman was using the G1 with her Wing data plan. Also, if you havethe $19.99 data and $14.99 unlimited text ($19.99 + $14.99 = $34.98), the G1/MyTouch/TP2 Data + Unlimited is $34.99. Not that much of a price difference
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by solefood229

I think it may be time to retire my G1, how is the browser on the TP2 compared to the G1 if the browser is just as good or better I'm copping?

Damn hollakid how many phones do you have
laugh.gif

Too many,
laugh.gif
The browser is nice and large, but I think Im too used tothe Android browser so I use that more often.

With The Touch pro 2, you can download the Skyfire browser and it supports full flash. We watched every video on espn.com from the phone yesterday

You can download skyfire now with any windows mobile phone and watch movies full flash, not just the TP2.

Originally Posted by CasperJr

Unconfirmed reports mentioned that HTC Firestone has a 3.6-inch WVGA (800×480 pixels) resolution touchscreen display. The Firestone, the update of the Touch HD, is believed to be powered by Windows Mobile 6.5 Professional, with HTC's TouchFLO user interface, as well.

The HTC Firestone is rumored to feature an 8 megapixel camera, with a microSD card slot for extra storage, and the 600MHz Qualcomm 8250 processor, for a zippy experience. The Firestone is also believed to sport a standard 3.5mm audio port, accelerometer, and Bluetooth 2.0 with A2DP support for stereo headphones. Rumors suggest that the HTC Firestone is planned for an August 2009 launch.
eek.gif
if i can get that ill come to one of yall to teach me how to put the other software on it dont let me down
laugh.gif

question if i change from WM to the sense U would i be able to use the android market
nerd.gif
i know its a noob question
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

[h2]Detailed Technical Specifications of HTC Warhawk (HTC Topaz 210)[/h2]​
[table][tr][td] [table][tr][td][/td] [/tr][tr][td][/td] [/tr][tr][td]Brand:[/td] [td]HTC
Browse HTC devices[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Manufacturer:[/td] [td]High Tech Computer
Browse all devices manufactured by High Tech Computer[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Hardware-Designer:[/td] [td]High Tech Computer[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Project;Codename:[/td] [td]HTC Topaz 210
Browse all devices under HTC Topaz 210 codename[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Model_ID:[/td] [td]TOPA210[/td] [/tr][tr][td]ExpectedReleaseDate:[/td] [td]December, 2009[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [h1]PhysicalAttributes[/h1] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Dimensions
(width x height x depth):[/td] [td]52.7 x 106.6 x 13.6 millimetres
2.1 x 4.2 x 0.5 inches[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Bounding_Volume:[/td] [td]76.4 cubecentimetres[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Mass:[/td] [td]110 grams (battery included)[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [h1]Software-Environment[/h1] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Embedded-Operating_System:[/td] [td]Microsoft Windows Mobile 6.5 Professional
Browse devices running this OS[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Operating-System_Kernel:[/td] [td]Windows CE 5.2.2[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [h1]Microprocessor,Chipset[/h1] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]CPU_Clock:[/td] [td]528 MHz[/td] [/tr][tr][td]CPU:[/td] [td]Qualcomm MSM7201A
Browse devices based on MSM7201A[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Width;of-Machine_Word:[/td] [td]32 bit[/td] [/tr][tr][td]CPU_Core:[/td] [td]ARM1136EJ-S[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Instruction+Set:[/td] [td]ARMv6[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [h1]Memory,_Storagecapacity[/h1] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]RAM_type:[/td] [td]mobile DDR SDRAM[/td] [/tr][tr][td]RAM;capacity:[/td] [td]288 MiB[/td] [/tr][tr][td]ROM+type:[/td] [td]Flash EEPROM[/td] [/tr][tr][td]ROM;capacity:[/td] [td]512 MiB[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [h1]Graphicalsubsystem[/h1] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Display+Type:[/td] [td]color transflective TFT display[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Display_Color+Depth:[/td] [td]16 bit/pixel (65536 scales)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Display-Diagonal:[/td] [td]3.2 " (81 millimetres)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]DisplayResolution:[/td] [td]480 x 800 (384000 pixels)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Viewable;Display+Size:[/td] [td]1.64 " x 2.73 " (41.67 x 69.46 millimetres)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Dot_Pitch:[/td] [td]292.6 pixel/inch (0.08682 millimetre/pixel)[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [h1]Audio-Subsystem[/h1] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Audio+Channel(s):[/td] [td]stereo sound[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Analog/Digital Converter
(Recording):
[/td] [td]16 bit nominal quantization
44100 Hz sampling frequency[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Digital/Analog Converter
(Playing):
[/td] [td]16 bit resolution
44100 Hz holding frequency[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Microphone(s):[/td] [td]mono sound[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Loudspeaker(s):[/td] [td]mono sound[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Audio+Output:[/td] [td]Proprietary plug[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [h1]CellularPhone[/h1] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Cellular;Networks:[/td] [td]GSM900, GSM1800, GSM1900, UMTS850, UMTS1900[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Cellular-Data+Links:[/td] [td]CSD, GPRS, EDGE, UMTS, HSDPA, HSUPA[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Cellular_Antenna:[/td] [td]Internal antenna[/td] [/tr][tr][td]CallAlert:[/td] [td]40 -chord melody (polyphonic)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Vibrating+Alert:[/td] [td]Supported[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Speakerphone-:[/td] [td]Supported[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Phone-Controller:[/td] [td]Qualcomm MSM7201A (QDSP4000, QDSP5000)[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [h1]Control;Peripherals[/h1] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]PositioningDevice:[/td] [td]Touchscreen[/td] [/tr][tr][td]PrimaryKeyboard:[/td] [td]Not supported[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Directional;Pad:[/td] [td]Not supported[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Scroll+Wheel:[/td] [td]Not supported[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [h1]Interfaces[/h1] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]ExpansionInterfaces:[/td] [td]microSD, microSDHC, TransFlash, SDIO
Supports High Capacity (SD 2.0/HC) memory cards with capacity of up to 32GB[/td] [/tr][tr][td]USB:[/td] [td]USB 2.0 client, Hi-Speed (480Mbit/s)
USB Series Mini-B (mini-USB) connector[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Bluetooth+(802.15):[/td] [td]Bluetooth 2.0 + Enhanced Data Rate, Internal antenna[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Wireless;LAN/Wi-Fi(802.11):[/td] [td]IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g, 54 Mbit/s
Internal antenna[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Infrared;Gate:[/td] [td]Not supported[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [h1]Multimedia;Broadcast[/h1] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]AnalogRadio:[/td] [td]Not supported[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Digital+MediaBroadcast:[/td] [td]Not supported[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [h1]Satellite-Navigation[/h1] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Built-inGPS-module:[/td] [td]Supported[/td] [/tr][tr][td]GPS;Protocol:[/td] [td]NMEA 0183[/td] [/tr][tr][td]GPS_Antenna:[/td] [td]Internal antenna[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Complementary+GPSServices:[/td] [td]Assisted GPS, QuickGPS, Geotagging[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Navigation_Chip(set):[/td] [td]Qualcomm MSM7201A gpsOne[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [h1]Built-inDigital-Camera[/h1] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]SensorType:[/td] [td]CMOS sensor[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Resolution:[/td] [td]2560 x1920 pixels (4.92MP)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Autofocus+(AF):[/td] [td]Supported[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Optical;Zoom:[/td] [td]1 x[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Macro;Mode:[/td] [td]Not supported[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Built-in_Flash:[/td] [td]Not supported[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Camcorder:[/td] [td]352x288 pixels , 30frame/sec[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Recordable_Image_Formats:[/td] [td]JPG[/td] [/tr][tr][td]RecordableVideo_Formats:[/td] [td]3GP, MPEG4[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [h1]Built-in+Secondary-Digital_Camera[/h1] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]SensorType:[/td] [td]CMOS sensor[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Resolution:[/td] [td]640 x480 pixels (0.31MP)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Camcorder:[/td] [td]352x288pixels[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Recordable;Image+Formats:[/td] [td]JPG[/td] [/tr][tr][td]RecordableVideo_Formats:[/td] [td]3GP, MPEG4[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [h1]Power;Supply[/h1] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]BatteryTechnology:[/td] [td]Lithium-ion battery[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Battery-Build:[/td] [td]removable[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Battery-Capacity:[/td] [td]1350 mAh[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [h1]Additional-Details[/h1] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Built-in-accelerometer:[/td] [td]Supported[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Additional+Features:[/td] [td]
  • GPRS Class 10
  • HSDPA 7.2
  • HSUPA 2
  • HTC TouchFLO 3D (HTC Manila) UI
  • Zoom bar
  • Bluetooth stereo audio profile (A2DP
  • AVRCP)
  • pre-installed Opera 9.5
  • World Card Mobile 1.0
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Datasheet+State:[/td] [td]Updated preliminary specifications[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Datasheet;Views:[/td] [td]8358 times[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table]
htc_warhawk.jpg

Originally Posted by quiktoflip

so much of this is over my head lol
dont feel bad ive been trying to learn alot of phone stuff over the past year ...........and still only understand alil
laugh.gif
frown.gif
tired.gif

TP2 is nice, but after dealing with WinMo on the first Touch Pro, I can never touch Windows Mobile again.. Too much tweaking to actually get a decent workingphone. TF3D still looks a lil sluggish

Verizon Touch Pro2 Spotted and Pictured
Posted by CJ Lippstreu
August 5th, 2009 at 08:00 PM
Recent photos have been unearthed at PPCGeeks, showing the Verizon Touch Pro2 in action. The date on the display shows these pictures are fairly recent (7/29). It's just another tease for those waiting for the much desired TP2 to hit store shelves, but at least the images give us a few more angles of the device.

We recently reported on Verizon's price cuts and many are hoping it's a sign that the Touch Pro2 will be released soon. However, the latest Verizon rebate sheet (dated: 8/2/09-9/7/09) does not list the Touch Pro2, so it could be unlikely that it'll be released this month. Though, it's just a rebate sheet and carriers can make changes whenever they please. Let's hope the recent Verizon fire sale is more of an omen of things to come than the rebate sheet.

We are still left feeding off rumors as far as a true release date goes, but at least we have some new pictures to salivate over.

(Via: PPCGeeks)

verizontp2.jpg

Sprint Touch Pro 2 Specs Revelead
Posted by Brandon Miniman
August 5th, 2009 at 04:55 PM
It looks like we have some firm specs on the Sprint Touch Pro2 thanks to Sprint Application developers. It looks like the beast will be running Windows Mobile 6.1, which should kill rumors that the release date was pushed back because it would come with Windows Mobile 6.5. Other than that, the specs are similar to those of the European Touch Pro2 that we reviewed, save for the inclusion of an EVDO radio for use on Sprint's network. Hit the jump for the full specs.

Thanks for the tip Terry Owen.

(via: PPCGeeks)

* Basic Information
o Manufacturer
+ HTC
o Style
+ Slider
o Network
+ CDMA
o Technologies
+ Windows Mobile
o Features
+ Camera
+ GPS
+ MP3 Player
+ External Memory
+ External Display
+ Music Store Capable
+ Sprint TV Capable
+ Themes Capable
+ Full Keyboard
+ Bluetooth

* Hardware
o Main LCD Display
+ Display Type: TFT (Thin Film Transistor)
+ Menu Structure
# New Touch Menu
o Ringtone Capabilities
+ Ringer Types
# AAC
# AAC+
# AMR
# MIDI
# MP3
# QCP
# WAV
# WMA
o Memory
+ Total ROM
# 512 MB
+ Removable Memory: Yes
# Type: MicroSD
o Camera: Yes
o Camera Details
+ Mega Pixel
# 3.2
+ Color Tone/Picture Effects
# Grayscale
# Negative
# Sepia
+ Sensor Type
# CMOS
+ Auto Focus: Yes
+ VGA: Yes
+ Shutter sound options: Yes
# Default
# Off
o Video camera: Yes
o Video Camara Details
+ Color tones
# Negative
# Sepia
+ Customizable Shutter Sounds
# Default
# Off
+ Customizable shutter sounds: Yes
+ Display Size
# 352 x 288
+ Mime Types
# video/mp4
+ Sprint video mail: Yes
+ Video/File Formats
# H263
# MPEG4
o Data Network
+ EVDO: Yes
+ WIFI: Yes

* Software
o Browser Features
+ Supports Web Browser: Yes
+ Browser Supplier
# Microsoft
+ Browser Name
# Pocket Internet Explorer
+ Browser Version
# Windows Mobile 6.1
+ Maximum URL Length (char)
# Limited to Microsoft default
+ Streaming Supported: Yes
+ Supprots Instant Messaging: Yes
+ Cookies Supported: Yes
+ Downloadable Applications: Yes
+ Downloadable Digital Content (Ringtones, Wallpaper, Java Apps): Yes
+ Downloadable Games: Yes
+ Full Internet Browser: Yes
o Audio Formats/Codecs
+ AAC
+ AAC+
+ AMR
+ AMR-NB
+ M4A
+ MIDI
+ MP3
+ WAV
+ Windows Media Audio
o Image Formats/Codecs
+ BMP
+ GIF
+ H.263
+ JPEG
o Video
+ H.263
+ H.264
+ MPEG-4
+ 3GPP2
o Operating System
+ Windows Mobile
o Bluetooth
+ Bluetooth: Yes
o Location Based Services
+ GPS

HTC%20Touch%20Pro2%20_2.jpg

I really haven't looked into the HTC Ozone or Snap too much but I'm sure they are both good. I like the Snaps keyboard setup better but I rememberhearing that the Ozone has better voice quality.

So did the early TP2 pics ever have a front cam? Thought I remembered seeing pics but maybe it was anotherphone...

Originally Posted by syxth element

TP2 is nice, but after dealing with WinMo on the first Touch Pro, I can never touch Windows Mobile again.. Too much tweaking to actually get a decent working phone. TF3D still looks a lil sluggish
that's kinda how i feel...i at least am gonna pass on the TP2 for now and stick with this TP until WinMo HOPEFULLY improves more.

So i got some face time with the Tp2 today it feels really good in hand the internet was fast the screen is nice and big. But windows mobile sucks. I had myheart set on that phone but I can not get with Winmo. Im coming from an Iphone and I just cant do it. Do you guys think there will be a flash to put maybeAndroid on the phone. Or something? I cant do it. Holla... put me on in ur personal opinion the pros and cons of the my touch vs the tp2 (in its current stateie. Windows mobile)

Back
Top Bottom