Official iPad 3 Event Thread (new Apple TV too?)

Apple has announced an event for the next iPad on March 7th (stating the obvious)
ipad3-120228.jpg

Retina Display on new iPad (comparison to iPad 2)

original.jpg

Looks like there's no home button too.

The last few weeks have seen a whirlwind of iPad-related rumors in anticipation of the event. Another purported leak from a Chinese microblogging site has suggested that Apple's high-definition Retina Display could add a previously unexpected $80 premium to the price of the iPad, pushing the entry level price up to $579 for the Wi-Fi-only 16GB model. All Wi-Fi models would see an $80 price boost, the documents suggest, while 3G-capable models would see their prices rise $70 each.

Other changes to the iPad are expected to be largely internal, with evidence of a faster processor and potential 4G LTE connectivity having surfaced in recent weeks. On the outside, the next iPad is expected to look largely the same, with an external case featuring edges slightly more tapered than the iPad 2.

Another leak showed a purported "iPad 3" logic board, featuring a processor labeled "A5X," suggesting the chip could be a more powerful version of the A5 CPU currently found in the iPad 2 and iPhone 4S rather than a full-fledged "A6" upgrade. Reports have also been divided as to whether the next iPad will be powered by a quad-core processor or a dual-core CPU.

I'm not really an "Apple guy" per se, but I appreciate technology, so naturally, I'm interested.

Discuss, speculate, love, hate, whatever.

EDIT:

Heard rumors that they might be dropping info on an Apple TV set. We'll see.

Read this morning that they might integrate haptic feedback into device, providing feeling to different "surfaces" on the screen.

just flipped my iPad 2, my body is ready for this. After this one I can't even imagine anything else that can or needs to be done to the iPad. Especially if this has the iPhone 4s camera, and if they put Siri in it.

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

just flipped my iPad 2, my body is ready for this. After this one I can't even imagine anything else that can or needs to be done to the iPad. Especially if this has the iPhone 4s camera, and if they put Siri in it.

I have a 16gb iPad2 with wifi+3g. How much is a good amount to sell it for?

This might be the first ipad I get. I've been waiting for the retina display on the tablet since the iphone 4 came out.

Can't wait to see what the software launch will include as well...
And if it does indeed include the retina display... then I'm copping an NBA league pass pronto. 

What's the general opinion on WiFi vs 3g/4g whatever the service is? I have an iphone already so I don't really need internet on the go, but it would be nice. Is it worth the extra 30 bucks or whatever it is?

have my 16 gig ipad 2 still happy with it.
Just jailbroke it when the a5 jp was released.  Do not want ipad 3 with new software until there is a JB for it.

edit: Jailbreak your iphone to get free tethering.  You will never need a 3g plan with an ipad.  

I'm perfectly happy with my 1 but it's probably the right time to gift/sell it and upgrade to a used 2.

Originally Posted by damnitzdom

i sold my wifi for 350, so you can prob flip for 450 easy, but its hard to explain the value of the built in 3g because some people don't understand the benefits, or are always in wifi areas. You need to sell it ASAP Though cause ones the word of this gets out even more people will be clinching their wallets 

Originally Posted by Jking0821

have my 16 gig ipad 2 still happy with it.
Just jailbroke it when the a5 jp was released.  Do not want ipad 3 with new software until there is a JB for it.

edit: Jailbreak your iphone to get free tethering.  You will never need a 3g plan with an ipad.  
good look. 
I'll research this more when the time comes. 
pimp.gif

Gonna pass on this one. My 2 is doing good n I can't see the 3 being a big enough jump for me

Originally Posted by damnitzdom

i sold my wifi for 350, so you can prob flip for 450 easy, but its hard to explain the value of the built in 3g because some people don't understand the benefits, or are always in wifi areas. You need to sell it ASAP Though cause ones the word of this gets out even more people will be clinching their wallets 
Not necessarily true.  Some people wait for situations like this it's prime opportunity to get ahold of a previous generation for a nice price once the new generation is announced.  I'm debating if I really wanna upgrade my iPad 2.  More than likely I will tho.

looks like i can finally upgrade from the first ipad. i skipped on the 2nd ipad for this reason.

Might have to get rid of my 32gb wifi iPad 2. What a good price. Thanks in advance

Retina
pimp.gif

was planning to buy the iPad 2 last year, but everyone kept suggesting to wait till the iPad 3 comes out. Will be my first iPad

Sold my iPad 1 wifi for 300 yesterday and copped a 2 from BB for 404. When the 3 drops I may do the buy back program and upgrade. If not, the 2 will be just fine. Looking forward to seeing any major changes that may come with the new hardware

Back
Top Bottom