Official iPad 3 Event Thread (new Apple TV too?)

500 is a lot for an ipad3 if you have already shelled that out for an ipad 2, I was leaning back and forth for a while, but just decided to pull the trigger on the 3. 150 more wasn't a big deal in the end, this will be my first ipad 
pimp.gif

Really not that impressed, and I'm a huge apple fan.

If you don't have a tablet it makes sense to go for the 3 over the 2, but of you own a 2 there's really no reason to upgrade.

saw the pad tonight at the verizon store. was not impressed. screen looks good, but totally not worth the trouble of reselling my ipad 2.

pretty weak upgrade IMO. if this is what apple starts doing long-term they're just trollin people with "stunning, amazing, and revolutionary" updates
30t6p3b.gif

Can you guys keep this on topic. Keep this about the device man, not the market or whatever.

I find the 4 fingers scroll up is an amazing way to quickly switch to a specific app, and the 4 finger slide to the right is cool as hell.

Anyone hear about the jailbreak. It's coming soon !
happy.gif
muscle nerd tweeted about it on the day of release. They have to iron out a few things before they put it out to the rest of us. Oh, and if you want your safari to be black , you can put it in private mode, I actually like it better this way .

Another thing, does anyone know how to download torrents ? I thought there was an app out.

Also google currents for news is amazing !!!

Spoiler [+]

I really can't wait for the jailbreak to hook my stuff up

is the new ipad 4g LTE only on Verizon? or is it on ATT as well?

i dont know if att uses LTE i thought it was that HSPDA+ (sp?)

Love this thing posting from it now any case ideas? Went into apple today they didn't have anything but smart covers

Originally Posted by 23MCpizzle23

Love this thing posting from it now any case ideas? Went into apple today they didn't have anything but smart covers
i ordered the incipio smart feather last week and am waiting for it in the mail. my homie has one and recommended it.
http://www.incipio.com/new-iPad-Cases/new-iPad-Cases.asp 

he also mentioned the smartshell from speck products. it has a magnet on the back side so if you use a smart cover, it holds it in place. they currently don't have ones for the new ipad yet, but you can take a look at their ipad2 ones. 

https://www.speckproducts.com/tablet-ipad-cases/ipad-2-cases/smartshell-for-ipad-2.html 

my buddy is selling his 1st gen ipad 64gb for $200. is this a good deal? or should i get the 16 ipad 2 for $300 on CL?

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ
it took me a while initially too honestly, but from the home screen, not much difference. goto a website or open up ibooks and it'll be really easy to tell.

a lot of people on macrumors saying they got yellow screens again, lots of pics comparing their new ipad to the last gens and yeah whites look yellow'd

not a troll post like others just informing yall...samsung made the screens for the first batch, second batch they are switching to lg screens (but people saying samsungs ones are better)

I am both an Android (I have the Galaxy Note and the SGSII) and an AAPL fan. I am about to buy an iPad 3. Please suggest some games for me. I have to go away for training for 3 months and I may not bring my PS3 or XBOX 360, and the PS Vita seems kinda half-baked as far as games go. Thank you in advance NT.

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

I am both an Android (I have the Galaxy Note and the SGSII) and an AAPL fan. I am about to buy an iPad 3. Please suggest some games for me. I have to go away for training for 3 months and I may not bring my PS3 or XBOX 360, and the PS Vita seems kinda half-baked as far as games go. Thank you in advance NT.
Depends on what you are into they have old RPGs like Chrono Trigger and the OG Final Fantasys in the App Store, also old retro games like Streets of Rage and Sonic (1, 2, and CD) have been ported.

Take a look at toucharcade.com

Back
Top Bottom