Official iPad Thread ("New iPad' to launch March 16 **Details Inside**)

Anyone on iOS 5 beta? I've been using it for a few days and I'm loving the changes. Thumb keyboard is probably my favorite as well as notifications. It's much faster too (no checkerboard) Haven't used too many of the iCloud functions since I don't have an iPhone. I'm looking forward to the official release.

Originally Posted by 4318MichaelJohnson4318

Originally Posted by TeamJordan79

You have multiple ways to put content on the iPad. You can buy movies and music through itunes for whatever the going rate is, or you can use a service like netflix and stream.
technically thats the same way. Is there a way to transfer it from somewhere else like an external? 

I know for sure there is an external that plays well wirelessly will the iPad but outside of that the only other way to connect externals is by using something similar to what is seen on this link
http://www.iphonehacks.co...mera-connection-kit.html
Something as simple as a usb port would make using the iPad so much easier, but I doubt Apple would add that on to the next version.  It would be nice though.
I've never bought movies through itunes, but you can convert whatever movie files you have on your computer to a format compatible with itunes and save it on there.  When you connect your iPad to your computer you can just sync and transfer your movies that way.  It does seem like a hassle but how i'll be doing it.

You have multiple ways to put content on the iPad. You can buy movies and music through itunes for whatever the going rate is, or you can use a service like netflix and stream.
technically thats the same way. Is there a way to transfer it from somewhere else like an external? 

I know for sure there is an external that plays well wirelessly will the iPad but outside of that the only other way to connect externals is by using something similar to what is seen on this link
Something as simple as a usb port would make using the iPad so much easier, but I doubt Apple would add that on to the next version.  It would be nice though.
I've never bought movies through itunes, but you can convert whatever movie files you have on your computer to a format compatible with itunes and save it on there.  When you connect your iPad to your computer you can just sync and transfer your movies that way.  It does seem like a hassle but how i'll be doing it.

Originally Posted by shogun

Took about an hr to convert a 175 mb avi file smh

Cinexplayer or VLC player.

Cinexplayer or VLC player.

Yeah, it takes a while for the conversion.  Sometimes the sites I use for movies or tv shows will already have files in the mp4 format.

Yeah, it takes a while for the conversion.  Sometimes the sites I use for movies or tv shows will already have files in the mp4 format.

Originally Posted by manamazing55

I guess noone comes off the pricing on the iPad 2's huh? Looks like its the same pricing everywhere

it will stay the same price till the ipad 3...its apple product demand is high they dont need to drop prices 

I guess noone comes off the pricing on the iPad 2's huh? Looks like its the same pricing everywhere

it will stay the same price till the ipad 3...its apple product demand is high they dont need to drop prices 

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

I wasnt thinking Apple would drop, I just mean you would think some online retailers would run deals. But I guess their moving units so they dont care

I wasnt thinking Apple would drop, I just mean you would think some online retailers would run deals. But I guess their moving units so they dont care

yup theres still a wait maybe when theres no wait you can find for no tax + free ship but that would be the best deal
i think j&r does that they take phone orders but theres a wait 

yup theres still a wait maybe when theres no wait you can find for no tax + free ship but that would be the best deal
i think j&r does that they take phone orders but theres a wait 

Originally Posted by nocomment6

HOw much are taxes in New York??
8.25%
As for me,

I got the 16gb yesterday and this thing is the definition of an ostentatious, useless novelty item 
laugh.gif

Its just like a model, pretty to look at but useless in real life, doesn't cook or clean or have a usb port and requires that I pay for everything smh

Jobs should have at least given that cover (40$ for a piece of rubber smh) with this thing, im afraid that i'll scratch it before i can resell it 
ohwell.gif

/end rant 

Its not too bad though and has its moments but its a bit too smug and tacky for my tastes. 

Originally Posted by nocomment6

HOw much are taxes in New York??
8.25%
As for me,

I got the 16gb yesterday and this thing is the definition of an ostentatious, useless novelty item 
laugh.gif

Its just like a model, pretty to look at but useless in real life, doesn't cook or clean or have a usb port and requires that I pay for everything smh

Jobs should have at least given that cover (40$ for a piece of rubber smh) with this thing, im afraid that i'll scratch it before i can resell it 
ohwell.gif

/end rant 

Its not too bad though and has its moments but its a bit too smug and tacky for my tastes. 

Back
Top Bottom