Official iPad Thread ("New iPad' to launch March 16 **Details Inside**)

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

I believe they already have their own OS. Bada.

Isn't that a closed os to only Samsung phones? This is gonna open source, joint venture.
Anyways bada is not powerful as Android and ios.

I'm going to be watching ebay very closely this week... ipad for 375 just went unsold. Me likey!

I'm going to be watching ebay very closely this week... ipad for 375 just went unsold. Me likey!

Have someone set to buy my 16 gb wifi for 400 tomorrow, hopefully going straight to the store to get the ipad2...don't really care what the upgrades end up being, for $150 after tax thats worth the unscratched screen/casing and fresh battery alone...

I use my iPad way more than my laptop, probably more than my phone too. A lot of people hate on it but it's definitely a nice luxury

Have someone set to buy my 16 gb wifi for 400 tomorrow, hopefully going straight to the store to get the ipad2...don't really care what the upgrades end up being, for $150 after tax thats worth the unscratched screen/casing and fresh battery alone...

I use my iPad way more than my laptop, probably more than my phone too. A lot of people hate on it but it's definitely a nice luxury

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

speculation is not looking good for the ipad 2

steve jobs wont even be there....

too busy trying to get better.

i hope the ipad comes in at a lower price. not that i care to buy it, but i want motorola to lower the insane 800 price tag on the xoom. and me wants a xoom

i hope the ipad comes in at a lower price. not that i care to buy it, but i want motorola to lower the insane 800 price tag on the xoom. and me wants a xoom

Originally Posted by CWrite78

Hmm. I don't see why Apple would lower the price of the new iPad when they have been selling really well and they have upgraded the specs. Even with competition releasing their own version of the tablet, Apple will still make money at the current price point...But hey, if they have enough supply which could satisfy the demand, then why not?

Originally Posted by CWrite78

Hmm. I don't see why Apple would lower the price of the new iPad when they have been selling really well and they have upgraded the specs. Even with competition releasing their own version of the tablet, Apple will still make money at the current price point...But hey, if they have enough supply which could satisfy the demand, then why not?

true.

well, hopefully motorola offers cheaper versions of the xoom (16gb, wifi only like the ipad's cheapest) at least with the xoom you always have SD cards to up the storage. but i can only dream
frown.gif

true.

well, hopefully motorola offers cheaper versions of the xoom (16gb, wifi only like the ipad's cheapest) at least with the xoom you always have SD cards to up the storage. but i can only dream
frown.gif

im excited.. i got an ipad.. and i use the DJAY app about 90% of the time to mix at my office parties.. and it's real fun.. im only getting it for the faster processor since the ipad crashes from it loading multiple songs simultaneously

im excited.. i got an ipad.. and i use the DJAY app about 90% of the time to mix at my office parties.. and it's real fun.. im only getting it for the faster processor since the ipad crashes from it loading multiple songs simultaneously

hmmm, since I have a little bit pf extra cash, I might just get the iPad 2 since I never had the iPad1.

The Xoom looks really nice, but $800 is insane.

What kind of plans do they offer for the iPads?

hmmm, since I have a little bit pf extra cash, I might just get the iPad 2 since I never had the iPad1.

The Xoom looks really nice, but $800 is insane.

What kind of plans do they offer for the iPads?

Currently, AT&T offers 250 MB for $15/month or 2 GB for $25/month.

If you were to opt for Verizon's iPad/Mifi bundled option, the plan is tiered as follows:

-1 GB for $20/month

-3 GB for $35/month

-5 GB for $50/month

-10 GB for $80/month

There's been some speculation that one of the carriers may reinstate the unlimited data plan for the iPad 2. Furthermore, iPad 2's bought through Verizon may already have the proper 3g chip installed without the need for the wireless Mifi hotspot.

Truthfully, if you're not bent on being connected at all times and have wifi at your home, office, or school, you're not gonna need the 3g. I have 3g and I've used it sparingly, like once.

I will be getting the iPad 2 3G, however, because I'm taking some road trips where it's highly probable I won't have access to wifi. And it's good to have just in case. Oh and there's also GPS on the 3G iPads, only.

But an inclusion of an unlimited plan is going to be the big draw for a lot of people, as it was for the iPad 1. Probably won't happen though.

Currently, AT&T offers 250 MB for $15/month or 2 GB for $25/month.

If you were to opt for Verizon's iPad/Mifi bundled option, the plan is tiered as follows:

-1 GB for $20/month

-3 GB for $35/month

-5 GB for $50/month

-10 GB for $80/month

There's been some speculation that one of the carriers may reinstate the unlimited data plan for the iPad 2. Furthermore, iPad 2's bought through Verizon may already have the proper 3g chip installed without the need for the wireless Mifi hotspot.

Truthfully, if you're not bent on being connected at all times and have wifi at your home, office, or school, you're not gonna need the 3g. I have 3g and I've used it sparingly, like once.

I will be getting the iPad 2 3G, however, because I'm taking some road trips where it's highly probable I won't have access to wifi. And it's good to have just in case. Oh and there's also GPS on the 3G iPads, only.

But an inclusion of an unlimited plan is going to be the big draw for a lot of people, as it was for the iPad 1. Probably won't happen though.

Back
Top Bottom