Official iPad Thread ("New iPad' to launch March 16 **Details Inside**)

Originally Posted by Jking0821

Originally Posted by taimaishu123

i have it narrowed down to the ipad 2 or the Galaxy tab 10.1 they are basically the same thing but i wanna ask a honest question.

do you guys really run into problems when going to websites without flash? i have it stuck in my head that i need flash so its keeping me away from the ipad.

is there a netflix app?

how are the ipad 2 speakers?
Yes there is a netflix app

Speakers are mediocre at best.  Mono. not that loud.  don't expect it to play by itself at a party or anything.

I honestly would like to know the answer to your question about flash as well.  I feel like I am doing something wrong because i never run into this problem.  There are browsers for the ipad that actually support flash but i don't use them.  I use mercury because i need tabs (and private browsing since everyone comes over and wants to immediately use my ipad can't have pr0n all over it).

But what sites have flash that worry people?  I mean you can't stream live events to the ipad.  Like ppv boxing and MMA stuff like you can a laptop. (if you can People shouldn't do that because it is Mean).  But other then that most flash sites have mobile sites or some sort of RSS feed you can view on flipboard easily. 
thanks for the reply.
can anyone answer my(our) question about flash??

For those interested in Airplay options, iHome just released the iW1 speaker.

http://www.ihomeaudio.com/iW1BC/

It's sold out online, but they should be getting more in soon. Apple Stores, Best Buy, and Crutchfield are expected to get it by or around the 26th.

If you purchase from iHome, they'll throw in a free iP37 portable iPhone/iPod speaker for free (until 10/31 or while supplies last).

For those interested in Airplay options, iHome just released the iW1 speaker.

http://www.ihomeaudio.com/iW1BC/

It's sold out online, but they should be getting more in soon. Apple Stores, Best Buy, and Crutchfield are expected to get it by or around the 26th.

If you purchase from iHome, they'll throw in a free iP37 portable iPhone/iPod speaker for free (until 10/31 or while supplies last).

The game contre jour is the best iOS game I've ever played and looks amazing on the iPad. So for all you physics based puzzlers out there, it's a must have.

The game contre jour is the best iOS game I've ever played and looks amazing on the iPad. So for all you physics based puzzlers out there, it's a must have.

Y'all have got to check out Maven Web Browser. A very intuitive browser featuring dual screen mode, trackpad, and a bookmark and screen brightness jog dial. It's free, so get it before they raise the price back up.

Hulu Plus is pretty dope as well. Free one-month trial period for .edu addys.

Y'all have got to check out Maven Web Browser. A very intuitive browser featuring dual screen mode, trackpad, and a bookmark and screen brightness jog dial. It's free, so get it before they raise the price back up.

Hulu Plus is pretty dope as well. Free one-month trial period for .edu addys.

i have it narrowed down to the ipad 2 or the Galaxy tab 10.1 they are basically the same thing but i wanna ask a honest question.

do you guys really run into problems when going to websites without flash? i have it stuck in my head that i need flash so its keeping me away from the ipad.

is there a netflix app?

Speakers are mediocre at best.  Mono. not that loud.  don't expect it to play by itself at a party or anything.

I honestly would like to know the answer to your question about flash as well.  I feel like I am doing something wrong because i never run into this problem.  There are browsers for the ipad that actually support flash but i don't use them.  I use mercury because i need tabs (and private browsing since everyone comes over and wants to immediately use my ipad can't have pr0n all over it).

But what sites have flash that worry people?  I mean you can't stream live events to the ipad.  Like ppv boxing and MMA stuff like you can a laptop. (if you can People shouldn't do that because it is Mean).  But other then that most flash sites have mobile sites or some sort of RSS feed you can view on flipboard easily. 
thanks for the reply.
id like to know this as well.

is there a netflix app?

thanks for the reply.
id like to know this as well.

so for some reason i'm on safari and my screen is dim and i can't move anything. However I can use the address bar and change the website. did I accidently lock it or something?

my imdb and cnn apps work fine but when i click on a link to continue to the brower, i still can't move the screen up or down

is there a way I can turn the ipad off and on again or something

so for some reason i'm on safari and my screen is dim and i can't move anything. However I can use the address bar and change the website. did I accidently lock it or something?

my imdb and cnn apps work fine but when i click on a link to continue to the brower, i still can't move the screen up or down

is there a way I can turn the ipad off and on again or something

Is there any web browser that allows you to go on swoosh on the iPad? I can't ever access the site and its getting annoying.

Is there any web browser that allows you to go on swoosh on the iPad? I can't ever access the site and its getting annoying.

Seems that iOS trumps Android...

It seems that proper integration will always excel over just "stats" and components.

Adding in the latest and greatest doesn't provide the best experience all the time.

Seems that iOS trumps Android...

It seems that proper integration will always excel over just "stats" and components.

Adding in the latest and greatest doesn't provide the best experience all the time.

Originally Posted by Jgh0st23

I don't know about swoosh but nike.com has a flash-less option. i used to google nike.com without flash support and go to that site.

not too sure about swoosh though sry

Originally Posted by Jgh0st23

I don't know about swoosh but nike.com has a flash-less option. i used to google nike.com without flash support and go to that site.

not too sure about swoosh though sry

Nah Skyfire lets you View Flash Content..not browse sites that work with flash..

I have a iPad 2 and love it..I only find the flash thing annoying maybe 1 out of every 20 times i go online. And most "popular" websites use HTML 5 or have some equivalent.i have no problems with my iPad

Nah Skyfire lets you View Flash Content..not browse sites that work with flash..

I have a iPad 2 and love it..I only find the flash thing annoying maybe 1 out of every 20 times i go online. And most "popular" websites use HTML 5 or have some equivalent.i have no problems with my iPad

Back
Top Bottom