Official iPad Thread ("New iPad' to launch March 16 **Details Inside**)

Originally Posted by moneymike88

Is there a side to side comparison between the Ipad2 and 1 anywhere? I want to see if there is a major difference in the specs

Not really. We dont really know much about the A5 chip or the new GPU being used if you are really into hard numbers on the specs. I dont even believe that the amount of ram it has has been discovered. Here is the best I could do for your right now:

http://www.engadget.com/2...inal-ipad-whats-changed/

But I think the CPU and GPU upgrade is the most important new feature. Yeah the cameras and thinness are cool but the software development is the selling point of the iOS platform and we should see some great applications coming out in the future.

Is there a side to side comparison between the Ipad2 and 1 anywhere? I want to see if there is a major difference in the specs

Not really. We dont really know much about the A5 chip or the new GPU being used if you are really into hard numbers on the specs. I dont even believe that the amount of ram it has has been discovered. Here is the best I could do for your right now:

http://www.engadget.com/2...inal-ipad-whats-changed/

But I think the CPU and GPU upgrade is the most important new feature. Yeah the cameras and thinness are cool but the software development is the selling point of the iOS platform and we should see some great applications coming out in the future.

[table][tr][td][/td][td]iPad
ipad-corner-rm-eng.jpg
[/td][td]iPad 2
11x03028b8234ipad2.jpg
[/td][/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]Display[/td][td]9.7-inch 
LED-backlit IPS LCD[/td][td]9.7-inch 
LED-backlit IPS LCD[/td][/tr][tr][td]Resolution[/td][td]1024 x 768[/td][td]1024 x 768[/td][/tr][tr][td]Processor[/td][td]1GHz Apple A4[/td][td]1GHz dual-core Apple A5[/td][/tr][tr][td]Graphics[/td][td]PowerVR SGX 535[/td][td]?[/td][/tr][tr][td]Memory[/td][td]256MB RAM[/td][td]?[/td][/tr][tr][td]Storage[/td][td]16GB / 32GB / 64GB[/td][td]16GB / 32GB / 64GB[/td][/tr][tr][td]Front camera[/td][td]none[/td][td]VGA[/td][/tr][tr][td]Rear camera[/td][td]none[/td][td]720p[/td][/tr][tr][td]Cellular radio[/td][td]EDGE plus triband HSPA[/td][td]EDGE plus quadband HSPA or
CDMA / EV-DO Rev. A[/td][/tr][tr][td]WiFi[/td][td]802.11a/b/g/n[/td][td]802.11a/b/g/n[/td][/tr][tr][td]Bluetooth[/td][td]2.1 + EDR[/td][td]2.1 + EDR[/td][/tr][tr][td]Accelerometer[/td][td]3-axis[/td][td]3-axis[/td][/tr][tr][td]Gyroscope[/td][td]No[/td][td]3-axis[/td][/tr][tr][td]Thickness[/td][td]13.4mm[/td][td]8.8mm[/td][/tr][tr][td]Weight[/td][td]680g (WiFi), 
730g (WiFi + 3G)[/td][td]601g (WiFi),
607g (Verizon), 
613g (AT&T)[/td][/tr][/table]​

[table][tr][td][/td][/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td][/td][td]iPad
ipad-corner-rm-eng.jpg
[/td][td]iPad 2
11x03028b8234ipad2.jpg
[/td][/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]Display[/td][td]9.7-inch 
LED-backlit IPS LCD[/td][td]9.7-inch 
LED-backlit IPS LCD[/td][/tr][tr][td]Resolution[/td][td]1024 x 768[/td][td]1024 x 768[/td][/tr][tr][td]Processor[/td][td]1GHz Apple A4[/td][td]1GHz dual-core Apple A5[/td][/tr][tr][td]Graphics[/td][td]PowerVR SGX 535[/td][td]?[/td][/tr][tr][td]Memory[/td][td]256MB RAM[/td][td]?[/td][/tr][tr][td]Storage[/td][td]16GB / 32GB / 64GB[/td][td]16GB / 32GB / 64GB[/td][/tr][tr][td]Front camera[/td][td]none[/td][td]VGA[/td][/tr][tr][td]Rear camera[/td][td]none[/td][td]720p[/td][/tr][tr][td]Cellular radio[/td][td]EDGE plus triband HSPA[/td][td]EDGE plus quadband HSPA or
CDMA / EV-DO Rev. A[/td][/tr][tr][td]WiFi[/td][td]802.11a/b/g/n[/td][td]802.11a/b/g/n[/td][/tr][tr][td]Bluetooth[/td][td]2.1 + EDR[/td][td]2.1 + EDR[/td][/tr][tr][td]Accelerometer[/td][td]3-axis[/td][td]3-axis[/td][/tr][tr][td]Gyroscope[/td][td]No[/td][td]3-axis[/td][/tr][tr][td]Thickness[/td][td]13.4mm[/td][td]8.8mm[/td][/tr][tr][td]Weight[/td][td]680g (WiFi), 
730g (WiFi + 3G)[/td][td]601g (WiFi),
607g (Verizon), 
613g (AT&T)[/td][/tr][/table]​

[table][tr][td][/td][/tr][/table]

Will these be available everywhere on the 11th (Bestbuy, Walmart, etc) or just apple stores?

not trying to line up...
ohwell.gif

Will these be available everywhere on the 11th (Bestbuy, Walmart, etc) or just apple stores?

not trying to line up...
ohwell.gif

So, without having this become a Fan boy battle, please let me know which one is better?

Xoom Or Ipad 2?

So, without having this become a Fan boy battle, please let me know which one is better?

Xoom Or Ipad 2?

People who make the 4G vs 3G comment always make me laugh. Do me a favor and look up what the technical speeds are for 4G. When you see that no company in America offers it, you will see these companies are trying to redefine what 4G is. They don't even come close so for me the 4G argument is not valid.

People who make the 4G vs 3G comment always make me laugh. Do me a favor and look up what the technical speeds are for 4G. When you see that no company in America offers it, you will see these companies are trying to redefine what 4G is. They don't even come close so for me the 4G argument is not valid.

Originally Posted by Caerus

Xoom Or Ipad 2?
Honestly, don't listen to anyone on here, go to Bestbuy or Apple store, play with both. 
Haven't seen this posted,

ipad_2_xoom_optimus-pad_galaxy-tab_touchpad_playbook_specs.jpg

Xoom Or Ipad 2?
Honestly, don't listen to anyone on here, go to Bestbuy or Apple store, play with both. 
Haven't seen this posted,

ipad_2_xoom_optimus-pad_galaxy-tab_touchpad_playbook_specs.jpg

might cop for casual gaming btu not yet sure till i get a hands on experience. that white is soooo damn sexy tho

might cop for casual gaming btu not yet sure till i get a hands on experience. that white is soooo damn sexy tho

Originally Posted by Da R Entertainment

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

I`m fine with my iPad I can wait it out till the 3

Same thing I said.  Retina display would've caused me to maybe upgrade, but since that's not the case I'm good with mine as is.

I'm good with my macbook pro. If I had extra money, I'd rather invest it.

Originally Posted by Da R Entertainment

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

I`m fine with my iPad I can wait it out till the 3

Same thing I said.  Retina display would've caused me to maybe upgrade, but since that's not the case I'm good with mine as is.

I'm good with my macbook pro. If I had extra money, I'd rather invest it.

Xoom Or Ipad 2?
buy what YOU like & quit worrying about the next man's opinion. its your $ & nobody else's

Xoom Or Ipad 2?
buy what YOU like & quit worrying about the next man's opinion. its your $ & nobody else's

Originally Posted by infam0usP

Xoom Or Ipad 2?

There's nothing wrong with his post. He obviously doesn't know which is better, which is why he's asking.

Anyway, the Xoom.

Originally Posted by infam0usP

Xoom Or Ipad 2?

There's nothing wrong with his post. He obviously doesn't know which is better, which is why he's asking.

Anyway, the Xoom.

Xoom Or Ipad 2?

like boost said, go to best buy and check them out.

i personally would pick the xoom. i like the interface (since it was made for tablets, unlike the apple UI still looks the same as the iphone and ipod touch but hey.. if it ain't broke, don't fix it) better on the xoom.

also has expandable storage, faster, more ram and i believe it has a better screen (which im sure apple will catch up with this later this year/ipad 3). but really, it's all up to what fits your needs.

all i need is for them to have a wifi 16gb version for around 500 (since it is competing with the ipad) and i'll jump on it. or i'll just wait to see how the HP TouchPad is when it comes out (im a fan of webOS more than any other OS)

Back
Top Bottom