Official iPad Thread ("New iPad' to launch March 16 **Details Inside**)

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

64gig is $800 for the ipad2... ever used windows7?...

On Amazon is almost 1000 for the 32 gig version where are you seeing these prices?
ipad2 is $800... 64gig asus is $300 more, and you get a lot more for that $300

Over 1k for a tablet?Is Windows 7 really even optimized for tablet use?& imfam0usp that cloud mobileme would be
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

64gig is $800 for the ipad2... ever used windows7?...

On Amazon is almost 1000 for the 32 gig version where are you seeing these prices?
ipad2 is $800... 64gig asus is $300 more, and you get a lot more for that $300
I can buy a Macbook pro for that price though if I want a lot more. The whole point of a tablet is to be its own device not a reincarnation of something we already have. Windows is coming out with a more tablet friendly OS in the future Id wait rather than dropping massive bread on this.

Just for *%!$% and giggles...

[h4][/h4]
[h4]Samsung finds parts of Galaxy Tab 10.1 'inadequate' compared to iPad 2, reconsiders pricing[/h4]
By Vlad Savov posted Mar 4th 2011 7:34AM

Whether you love or loathe Apple, you have to be happy with the company's aggressive upgrade of the iPad. It has led to Samsung, purveyor of an Android 3.0 tablet by the name of Galaxy Tab 10.1, to look more closely at its own hardware and pricing model and, according to executive VP Lee Don-Joo, "improve the parts that are inadequate." We don't know what those are, specifically, however he notes that "Apple made [the iPad 2] very thin" and also goes on to say that Samsung will be rethinking its pricing strategy with the Tab 10.1. It was originally going to cost more than the 7-inch Galaxy Tab, but in light of Apple's new product, Samsung might have to cut into its profit margins... or maybe even forgo profits altogether to make its new Tab a success.

Just for *%!$% and giggles...

[h4][/h4]
[h4]Samsung finds parts of Galaxy Tab 10.1 'inadequate' compared to iPad 2, reconsiders pricing[/h4]
By Vlad Savov posted Mar 4th 2011 7:34AM

Whether you love or loathe Apple, you have to be happy with the company's aggressive upgrade of the iPad. It has led to Samsung, purveyor of an Android 3.0 tablet by the name of Galaxy Tab 10.1, to look more closely at its own hardware and pricing model and, according to executive VP Lee Don-Joo, "improve the parts that are inadequate." We don't know what those are, specifically, however he notes that "Apple made [the iPad 2] very thin" and also goes on to say that Samsung will be rethinking its pricing strategy with the Tab 10.1. It was originally going to cost more than the 7-inch Galaxy Tab, but in light of Apple's new product, Samsung might have to cut into its profit margins... or maybe even forgo profits altogether to make its new Tab a success.

interesting device but i feel that is way more than i would need for a tablet & it cost way more than i'd want to spend.
& yes i could use it as a "laptop" but i'd have to walk around with that keyboard + its heavy.

interesting device but i feel that is way more than i would need for a tablet & it cost way more than i'd want to spend.
& yes i could use it as a "laptop" but i'd have to walk around with that keyboard + its heavy.

im gonna wait for the release i wanna hear feedback from real people plus after reading that article from the apple employee saying the ipad 3 is the one to make noise about im just gonna sit and wait

im gonna wait for the release i wanna hear feedback from real people plus after reading that article from the apple employee saying the ipad 3 is the one to make noise about im just gonna sit and wait

Originally Posted by ItsJaloppyDummy

Which article are you referring too? Quite skeptical that an apple employee would be talking about the iPad 3 when the iPad 2 was only confirmed like 3 weeks ago...

Originally Posted by ItsJaloppyDummy

Which article are you referring too? Quite skeptical that an apple employee would be talking about the iPad 3 when the iPad 2 was only confirmed like 3 weeks ago...

We’ve received some tidbits of information about the iPad 2 launch tomorrow from an Apple staffer:

* MobileMe is being revamped with cloud storage features.
* The iPad 2 is a ho-hum update. It’s more of a speed bump than a redesign.
* The iPad 3 is the one to get excited about, and it’s on track for release later this year.

The Apple staffer, who asked to remain anonymous for obvious reasons, said the new MobileMe service will store music, TV shows, and films that were purchased from the iTunes store. The staffer also said that there was talk inside Apple of being able to upload all your music and videos to the cloud whether it was purchased from iTunes or not. However, they couldn’t confirm whether this will be rolled out or not. Before Apple bought it, the LaLa music service allowed users to upload music to an online locker for streaming to any device. There has been a lot of speculation that Apple would roll LaLa’s service into iTunes to create a streaming music service.

The Apple staffer declined to give details about the iPad 2 or 3, but said:

“For the iPad 2 don’t get your hopes up too high. That’s all I’m going to say. They’ve had a number of problems along the way, and the third-generation iPad is the one to make a song and a dance about.

We’ve received some tidbits of information about the iPad 2 launch tomorrow from an Apple staffer:

* MobileMe is being revamped with cloud storage features.
* The iPad 2 is a ho-hum update. It’s more of a speed bump than a redesign.
* The iPad 3 is the one to get excited about, and it’s on track for release later this year.

The Apple staffer, who asked to remain anonymous for obvious reasons, said the new MobileMe service will store music, TV shows, and films that were purchased from the iTunes store. The staffer also said that there was talk inside Apple of being able to upload all your music and videos to the cloud whether it was purchased from iTunes or not. However, they couldn’t confirm whether this will be rolled out or not. Before Apple bought it, the LaLa music service allowed users to upload music to an online locker for streaming to any device. There has been a lot of speculation that Apple would roll LaLa’s service into iTunes to create a streaming music service.

The Apple staffer declined to give details about the iPad 2 or 3, but said:

“For the iPad 2 don’t get your hopes up too high. That’s all I’m going to say. They’ve had a number of problems along the way, and the third-generation iPad is the one to make a song and a dance about.

This is getting out of hand ! ! ! but i will be on the long lines pick this up when it comes out. . .@ Roosevelt field mall .  #WhiteiPad

This is getting out of hand ! ! ! but i will be on the long lines pick this up when it comes out. . .@ Roosevelt field mall .  #WhiteiPad

Would have liked to see better cameras... Apple playing the consumer with this weak update. 
eyes.gif

Would have liked to see better cameras... Apple playing the consumer with this weak update. 
eyes.gif

For real though ipad 3 to release later this year?

I don't want to get ipad 2 if in a couple of months they plan on launching a whole new model.

I don't think apple is dumb enought to do that though

Back
Top Bottom