Official iPhone: RIP Steve Jobs.. Jailbreak Avail for 5.0(Page 1)

Great news for 3G S owners

From QuickPwn:

Can the iPhone 3GS be jailbroken?" Apple has put too many restrictions on the iPhone so iPhone users these days need to jailbreak or PWN their iPhone in order to customize it the way they want to. The Dev Team have previously confirmed with us that the jailbreaking of the iPhone devices can be permanently blocked with a simple hardware upgrade, so it made sense for us to believe that Apple would block the jailbreak on the new iPhone 3GS.
Thankfully, Geohot (the first person to ever create an iPhone 3G Unlock) has been working hard on figuring out whether or not we can jailbreak iPhone 3GS. I have good news to share with iPhone 3GS users. The iPhone 3GS can be jailbroken! Geohot confirmed this in his recent blog post. The iPhone 3GS is vulnerable to the same 24kpwn exploit that is in the iPod Touch 2G. Here is what Geohot said:
With the help of chronic, posixninja, and pod2g, I verified that it is still vulnerable to the 24kpwn exploit present in the iPod Touch 2G. This is great news for all of you. Basically, this means if someone makes a tethered jailbreak, it becomes untethered, because the boot chain is broken. Expect big things soon =)

ith the help of chronic, posixninja, and pod2g, I verified that it is still vulnerable to the 24kpwn exploit present in the iPod Touch 2G. This is great news for all of you. Basically, this means if someone makes a tethered jailbreak, it becomes untethered, because the boot chain is broken. Expect big things soon =)

iPhone 3GS users, don't worry. Looks like Geohot or the DevTeam will be having an iPhone 3GS jailbreak and iPhone 3GS unlock for us very sooner than you think!

I mean, wouldn't it be smart for Apple to not put in place a hardware on the 3gs to permanently block a jailbreak? Probably a good portion of iPhoneusers/buyers jailbreak their iphones and that would be a reason to buy one.

Easily customizable phone = more consumers buying = more $$ for Apple

I'd doubt they would ever put in place a hardware to permanently block a jailbreak on future iPhones if they know what's good for them.

Originally Posted by Capital B Capital C

i havent kept up with this thread in amin but is there a quicpwn jailbreak for 3.0 yet or still gotta use redsnow

nope. Just redsn0w and Pwnage Tool, and ultrasn0w for unlocking

Ok so i trasnfered all my cracked .ipas from installous to itunes, then i jailbroke my phone on 3.0 last night (upgrding from jailbroken 2.2.1 software). Afterthat i installed the appsync mod in cydia, resprung my phone and tried to sync all my cracked apps back to my phone, but only a few of them are transferringback. anyone know what i should do here?

EDIT: ok so actually itunes is showing the data in the status bar on the itunes phone profile thing, but i cant see the apps on my phone. what do i need to do?

HELP!

Alright I got a huge problem, I backed up the data from my 3G onto my itunes to prepare for my 3GS.

It backed up successfully and now I got my 3GS and I put my backed up data on there and NONE of my stuff is on my phone. No contacts, apps, pictures, emailaddresses, notes, nothing.

Is there something I did wrong or anything I can do to fix this?

laugh.gif
@ her playing that with her nose.

im thinking about upgrading from the 1st gen. thing is im on a family plan while not being the primary account holder. will they just let me walk in by myselfand cop?

^yeah you got to call att or let your primary account holder call att and tell them they want YOU to be an "authorize user" this will allow you to goto the store and deal with the upgrade yourself w/o the aid of the primary account holder. also you got to check if your phone is even upgradeable.

I sold an unlocked 3G to my friend and when he puts in his T-Mobile sim card, he gets a message about not being able to connect to the cellular data network.How can he fix this?

Back
Top Bottom