Official Jags vs. Pats Thread - What good is "ball control" when your down by 21?

I really don't even think this will be close.

If the Jags double Moss, Brady will dump it off to Welker or Stallworth and single coverage on Moss just don't work.

The Pats will run the ball up the middle.

Welker 2 TD's

Moss 1 TD

Maroney 1 TD

Vrabel 1 TD

Pats win 35-17

-J-

Good luck to the Jags, I kinda want them to win, but I really want to see a Colts v Pats AFC Championship (AKA Super Bowl as I said in the Colts thread). Ithink the Pats take this though, way to long to prepare, Brady is going to be an assassin out there

I'm a little nervous going into this one...but I will say I'd be a hell of a lot more nervous were we playing the colts.

well i have to agree with dmx about giving belichek all this time to work the plan. i heard today coach hoody is going to be keying on mjdrew so he says.anyway jax tried to give away the game to pitt last week and pitt did not take it.
if they give the PATS that chance its over with. yeah deadset the colts sure would make me a little nervous if it was them.
i much rather have the chargers come here but i doubt that will happen. i just don,t see jax hanging in there at foxboro.
go patssssssss

This is an interesting matchup. I dont think the Pats can stop the Jax running game, but I dont see Jax stopping New England's aerial assault. I think solong as the Jags keep it close, they have a shot. If the Pats get a 2 td lead, call it reynolds. Jones Drew is the X-factor because they also have to worryabout him returning kicks. With that said MJD and Freddie T help Jax control the tempo and overcome the New England air raid.

Jags- 38
Pats- 33

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

I'm a little nervous going into this one...but I will say I'd be a hell of a lot more nervous were we playing the colts.

same here, man...

honestly, at this point (just for my heart's sake
laugh.gif
)...i WISH wewould have lost a game during the regular season, as crazy as that sounds...

there is sooooo much pressure on this team to win the Superbowl compared to past years it isn't even funny...if one team could do it, it'sthem...but they've had close calls during the regular season and everything changes in the playoffs...
So yeah, we're the first team to go16-0...but if we manage to not win the Superbowl this year, that 16-0 reference will always be followed by "and they lost in the playoffs"...

I wouldn't want this season remembered as such and I'm sure the players don't either...

I was hoping for the biggest snowstorm of the century+80mph winds. Oh well

I was hoping for the same +$@%. But I can't wait for this game. Oh yeah jblack that sig is
pimp.gif

y'know, the funny thing is, there's all of this national Jaguars hype and how they have the right receipe to knock off the pats...people don;t realize,but this just makes the pats angrier and more likely to win.... i mean, if they weren;t motivated enuff, now belichick can tell his players that the countrythinks they're not good enuff to beat the jags..
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by iNiNe5

y'know, the funny thing is, there's all of this national Jaguars hype and how they have the right receipe to knock off the pats...people don;t realize, but this just makes the pats angrier and more likely to win.... i mean, if they weren;t motivated enuff, now belichick can tell his players that the country thinks they're not good enuff to beat the jags..
laugh.gif

then tell them they should have lost that game (jags game) in an attempt to get em ready for the colts the next week (word to humble pie)

belichick is a quite a character...

Originally Posted by PlatinumFunk

Originally Posted by iNiNe5

y'know, the funny thing is, there's all of this national Jaguars hype and how they have the right receipe to knock off the pats...people don;t realize, but this just makes the pats angrier and more likely to win.... i mean, if they weren;t motivated enuff, now belichick can tell his players that the country thinks they're not good enuff to beat the jags..
laugh.gif

then tell them they should have lost that game (jags game) in an attempt to get em ready for the colts the next week (word to humble pie)

belichick is a quite a character...
all apart of why he is the greatest coach of all time
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by the PGA tour

8694s1y.jpg
8694s1y.jpg
8694s1y.jpg

+ possibly another one and perfect season

> lombardi's 2 super bowls and measly 'nfl championships'
cmon man...
roll.gif
... cmon.. Vince won 5 championships in 7 years...plus, thats not all Lombardi's legacy consisted of... the guy is a staple in football and in american culture.

if youre really tryin to say BB is the GOAT coach in football history, well.....
laugh.gif

<--- a Pats fan

and BB being the best coach of all time is incorrect

definitely Lombardi...he's laid the roots for a lot of things going on today...

however, if Belichick were to win this year's superbowl (he HAS to IMO because of reg. season record) and wins an additional one before heretires...it's a no-brainer IMO

plus in today's age of parity, free agency, prima donnas, and salary cap restrictions it is amazing what Bill has done, and continues to do.

yeah i went out on a limb on the donaism
laugh.gif
this is all just my opinion though obviously.

Jags are mad hungry right now and doesnt look like anything is gonna be stopping them soon.

Pats always seem to have trouble stopping the run in the first 2qters in there last couple of games. PHI westbrook, Bal mcgahee, Pit parker, NYG jacobs. ButJac got this 2 headed monster.

If NE is down, i see alot of short passes to welker, watson, faulk, maybe stallworth. then you will see a long bomb to moss or gaffney. if they are in the 5yard line. you knwo damn well vrabel is gonna be in there.

Pats win by 10

anyway jax tried to give away the game to pitt last week and pitt did not take it.
Yeah, the Steelers didn't want to deal with NE again, and I don't blame them. Get the better draft pick!
laugh.gif

Hoody is a great coach, but not the best of all time. He has to get through this season, and then I would like to see him go somewhere without Tom Brady andwin another. Then I would probably agree. It is like Phil Jackson wasn't the best basketball coach ever when he was with Chicago because he ALWAYS hadJordan. Gotta get away from the best player in the league before people start crediting you and not that player (s in the Pats case)

I'm so pumped for this game. This is the Jaguars best chance ever to gain the respect our fans have been complaining about for so long.

this may be your best chance for respect, but i would not be thinking about winning in foxboro. you will be waiting till next yr for the respect. you let pittcome back on you and they blew it; if by any chance you let the PATS come back on you its over. enjoy the game. let get it pats. 3 GAMES TO GLORY

Back
Top Bottom