+++OFFICIAL JAY Z THREAD+++

album was ehhh, samsung hyped it up a little too much, maybe thats why lol.. waiting on blueprint 4 now..

Last edited:
View media item 483020
Stong words in this article, "doesn't hold a candle to yeezus" dude tears the entire album apart... Literally song by song. Crazy article.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...na-carta-holy-grail-is-an-overhyped-mess.html

And the absolute worst song on the album is “Somewhereinamerica.” Yes, the trombone loop is splendid, but then Jay-Z opens his mouth, rapping about his millions, before saying, “They see I’m still putting work in / Cause somewhere in America / Miley Cyrus is still twerkin’.” Huh? And if you think that’s bad, peep the chorus: “Twerk, twerk, twerk, twerk / Twerk, Miley, Miley, twerk.” I guess Jay-Z really likes that Miley Cyrus unicorn video? Either way, this ain’t hip-hop.

I mean, I took it as him mockingly rapping about the prominence he / hip-hop has in America that even young white girls are doing things that were / are looked down upon because of its ties to hip-hop, which a lot of Americans don't want to see. Not him "really liking Miley's unicorn video."

Oh, and after reading what you posted, then reading the article, I'm nearly certain this is some form of spam. Must be yours or a friends. By no means did the writer tear the album apart. :lol:

D+ article.

Ok.  I've absorbed the album and let it sink in.

Final thoughts: The album is good for what it is.  Looking at it subjectively it can be considered great however it's lacking something.  Every beat knocks, literally and I think in this era of music it's what matters most hence the high praise for the album.  Lately, i've noticed Jay doesn't posses that lyrical creativity he once had and continues to rap like everyone else with his twist.  Mainstream rap is still about what you have, who you're ******, etc etc...that's hip hop and it's always been an element of the art.  MCHG isn't innovative.  But why should it be? Because artists like Jay-Z, Kanye, etc are the only black musical figures who can be innovative and it connect with the every generation.  When you have the power to do things like that, you should...it's a true personification of power. 

But what makes MCHG so good, is it's believable.  We listen to Ross (who i'm a huge fan of) and praise the alliteration and dope beats but subconsciously we don't believe some of the stuff he says.  We don't develop a "feeling" from the albums it's just there.  I've noticed MCHG is being discussed amongst some of jays best albums and that's because people feel good listening to it; it resonates with an idea that Jay-Z is just that ***** and he's telling us why. 

8.5/10

Jay-Z dumbed down his raps because the average music listener doesnt want to hear.. or does not appreciate complex rhyming or double entendres . Simple. He adapted to survive.

Jay-Z dumbed down his raps because the average music listener doesnt want to hear.. or does not appreciate complex rhyming or double entendres . Simple. He adapted to survive.
agreed but I think it says more about Jay having to survive though.  If he rapped in a complex style over these beats it would get the same reaction.  Production is all people care about now. 

Why is Magna Carta being ripped apart by the media, but Yeezus is being looked at as some next level ****? How did Kanye get the media to eat out of his hands?

Why is Magna Carta being ripped apart by the media, but Yeezus is being looked at as some next level ****? How did Kanye get the media to eat out of his hands?
Cause Magna Carta is a more masculine album, plain simple.

I got a question I always wanted to ask.

When people say Jay or any artist says the same thing on every song... What else is that artist supposed to talk about.

Or better yet just give me am example of a rapper that isn't talking about the same thing on every song.

Is it wrong to call to call people stupid to be worried about android app permissions when just about every app reads some form of information, i mean wallpaper apps ask for contact and sms data And they are flooded with malware and not a word is said, this uneducation about so many simple things is going to be the downfall,

Last edited:
Gonna have to check out that solo version. I'm lovin the album version. Good music to ride to

Look at the subject matter that is being discussed in the two albums and you will see exactly why.

Jay is talking about uplifting the Black community a lot in this album and also mocking the "main stream" at the same time. So, you best believe the "mainstream" will rip this album apart.

Not feeling MCHG...This is my first time around the CD. What are your favorite tracks? I'll take a second listen.

i don't let album reviews judge whether an album is good or not, i decide on my own. MCHG is light years ahead of most albums that's been released as of lately. Yeezus is still trash .

Been waiting to hear this album!

Did they bump the release date on iTunes to drop tonight?

Back
Top Bottom