+++OFFICIAL JAY Z THREAD+++

Yea he def talks about it in more detail in decoded... It just seems as if dudes nitpick everything Jay does, dudes in here giving the album a 7/10 off one listen and saying their never going to listen again.. ****** saying that Jay ******g Z is stealing flows from lil B & chief keef (two ****** who literally mumble their verses out)

This ***** records an ENTIRE song about questioning religion and the seperation it causes and ****** are calling a 56 second snippet of hov over a trap beat the best song on the album
mean.gif

some people are going to get it and some just aren't.
For me, that's part of the problem. Heaven was dope, the best of the album. Why can't he drop more **** like that?

Bottom line is that he just needs to quit the name dropping already. 
Everyone name drops in rap music. Some name drop designers and cars a million times, other name drop drug king pins, etc... Honest question. What do you think he should rap about? If you were executive producer of this album what would you have told him to change those references to?
As the old adage goes..."He who namedrops Rolls Royce 100x shall be praised, He who namedrops Basquiat 5x shall be shunned."
This
Yea he def talks about it in more detail in decoded... It just seems as if dudes nitpick everything Jay does, dudes in here giving the album a 7/10 off one listen and saying their never going to listen again.. ****** saying that Jay ******g Z is stealing flows from lil B & chief keef (two ****** who literally mumble their verses out)

This ***** records an ENTIRE song about questioning religion and the seperation it causes and ****** are calling a 56 second snippet of hov over a trap beat the best song on the album
mean.gif

Heaven is beyond dope. For me my favorite track has switched each day as I listen more and more to the album.

mean.gif

"I make "Big Pimpin'" or "Give it to Me" one of those

Y'all hail me as the greatest writer of the 21st century
I make some thought provokin **** y'all question whether he fallin off
"

and WTF should he stop doing that to appease the generation of ****** who wanna hear him name drop Pablo Escobar and Tony Montana all record.
Who in the **** requests to hear their names anyway?

Everyone name drops in rap music. Some name drop designers and cars a million times, other name drop drug king pins, etc... Honest question. What do you think he should rap about? If you were executive producer of this album what would you have told him to change those references to?

This

Heaven is beyond dope. For me my favorite track has switched each day as I listen more and more to the album.
I would be in a different frame of thought if I was an Executive Producer, but I'm not.

Last edited:
For me, that's part of the problem. Heaven was dope, the best of the album. Why can't he drop more **** like that?

Because we are literally in a place in rap where up into very recently Music was no longer an art. Meaning it was just sounds and not many people had any intention of thinking twice about lyrics, album covers, album themes etc etc because they are no longer trained to do that.

**** has been so emotionless that people think artist throw music out there just to have it out. If he does an album with a bunch of these songs it's going to completely go over a 1/4 of the peoples heads.... the media is going to rip it so that knocks out another 1/4 of ******** who can't form an opinion w/o being told what to think. Jay realized a very long time ago that many hiphop fans just refuse to "think".

I came to this realization when i hear people say WTT is nothing but big money, luxury talk.... There are so many other layers to the **** put in that album but all people remember is the scrap maybach

Music business hate me cause the industry ain't make me
Hustlers and boosters embrace me and the music I be making
I dumbed down for my audience to double my dollars
They criticized me for it, yet they all yell "holla"

Because we are literally in a place in rap where up into very recently Music was no longer an art. Meaning it was just sounds and not many people had any intention of thinking twice about lyrics, album covers, album themes etc etc because they are no longer trained to do that.

**** has been so emotionless that people think artist throw music out there just to have it out. If he does an album with a bunch of these songs it's going to completely go over a 1/4 of the peoples heads.... the media is going to rip it so that knocks out another 1/4 of ******** who can't form an opinion w/o being told what to think. Jay realized a very long time ago that many hiphop fans just refuse to "think".

I came to this realization when i hear people say WTT is nothing but big money, luxury talk.... There are so many other layers to the **** put in that album but all people remember is the scrap maybach
I guess. The thing is that, I don't have a problem with all of the braggadocio ****, just as long as it's done creatively. And you're right, some of the tracks off of WTT were overlooked. Murder To Excellence was a serious track, and was one of the standout tracks on the album IMO. All I'm saying is that, I would like a balance. I could mindlessly listen to this album because the production is great, but nothing more than that. And for me, it's not just for Jay, I feel the same about all of these rappers.

Last edited:

THIS

there was deep subject matter scattered throughout the album. tracks like new day, murder to excellence, made it america, etc all had good content. WTT wasn't him just bragging on every track.

Im satisfied with the album I will take 4-5 hot jay songs over alot of stuff today.But I agree with Rosenberg on Hot 97 it was the moment waiting for the album so you can download but the net crashed and flex was playing it as well as others it sounded 1000 times better that night if you missed it you wont understand what they hype was about

Im satisfied with the album I will take 4-5 hot jay songs over alot of stuff today.But I agree with Rosenberg on Hot 97 it was the moment waiting for the album so you can download but the net crashed and flex was playing it as well as others it sounded 1000 times better that night if you missed it you wont understand what they hype was about

That's another thing i will enjoy and have enjoyed about WTT also. That moment you speak of is still clear as day and the anticipation.... i was walking around my block using the funk flex app just to hear the album :lol: it seemed like that night thats all anyone cared about.

Was gonna go cop this tomorrow first thing..

But now there's an extended version?

I still haven't heard it cause I was waiting for the physical..
Might just DL it now.. N cop the extended later

Was gonna go cop this tomorrow first thing..

But now there's an extended version?

I still haven't heard it cause I was waiting for the physical..
Might just DL it now.. N cop the extended later
Seriously can we get some confirmation about this Delux Edition?

I agree with you about WTT. His no church in the wild verse is still one of my favorites since it came out.

But Jay is in a position to make an album as sophisticated as he wants it to be. He is in a position where the critics and the media do not matter. He can drop whatever he wants and it will sell so why not come up with a deep and introspective album that will make these young hip-hop fans "think?" That would be creating the new rules. That would be changing the culture and I believe he has the ability and popularity to do that. "Heaven" is the best track on the album(IMO) because it actually makes me think. It has substance and so does Oceans. Unlike BBC and part II(worst songs on the album IMO)

overall I like this album a lot.

Back
Top Bottom