+++OFFICIAL JAY Z THREAD+++

Probably not him actually typing , but maybe his real responses...... But hey he is human,has a cell phone,has a twitter so maybe it is him

all the responses seem really open ended, and just redirecting, or answering the questions with a question

but hey, maybe it is...

Last edited:
I wonder if he's actually reading the tweets of is an intern (that knows how to operate Twitter) is filtering through and relaying the questions to him.

He had Twitter going nuts for that brief moment.
Why wouldn't he be tweeting? It's not like he's Obama, dude uses the computer/technology all the time like everyone else. He's probably chillin at home like

jayzmac.jpg

That Amil **** is crazy.. someone needs to track her down for an exclusive

Not buying this.

"Oh Jay-Z dumbed down his verses because the average fan in this generation wouldn't understand" Okay, then why did GKMC just go plat? Why did Born Sinner do 300k first week? And Jay is far more influential and has a larger fanbase than Kendrick and Cole. Not buying the argument that a deep/complex album from Jay-Z wouldn't be received well in the current climate.

If Jay was actually in touch with what's going on with the culture, he would know that this would have been the perfect time to drop a deep album. There is a market for conscious rap and it's growing larger and larger. I can tell you right now that if Jay had taken this opportunity to drop something deep to hit people over the head, it would have changed hip hop forever. After Kendrick last year, then Cole, Wale this year, for the premier artist in hip hop to follow suit it would have essentially been a message to the hip hop community to say "Alright, this era of wack **** is over. We're off that"

The bottom line is, Jay chose to play it safe and "dumb it down to double his dollars".. which I can't support. He already sold a million records before the album even dropped, he could have put out whatever record he wanted and still gotten paid. We could have gotten a timeless hip hop album from Jay-Z. Instead we got an album that will be hot for a summer.

This is where you and me disagree because although this may not be an immediate "Classic" album it will be around much longer than a summer, still has TONS of content and Production wise is probably the best produced album sine BP1 or GRODT...

When i speak on Jay-Z dumbing it down it's not as if he's stooping down to some sing songy ******** to top charts. Sure Cole & Kendrick sell and just like Jay-Z they both have the right mixture of serious content and songs people can just bop their head too and not have to sit back and replay a verse a million times to understand. and while cole & Kendrick are both GREAT rappers neither one of them are nearly as good at disguising multiple meanings and messages in their music as Hov is. The **** he spoke on throughout reasonable doubt is still going over cats heads and its been damn near 20 years.

So when i compare this to that record then yes he's dumbed it down, but make no mistakes this album is still VERY good and has bought some type of emotion back into hip-hop.
It is a good album, but as I think we would all agree it's mainly carried by the production. And albums that don't have much value outside the production usually don't have longevity. You can only bounce to the same beats so many times before you start wanting to hear something new.

It's basically a somewhat worse version of WTT, it's a nicely produced album that will be hot for a little bit until people get bored of it. I say worse because WTT was also carried by production, but having two dynamic personalities on there made it a far more engaging album that you wanted to keep coming back to. This is just Jay-Z saying his usual Jay-Z stuff, nothing new. I agree with you that it's a good album with great production, but I disagree that anyone will really be trying to listen to it years from now or anything. It'll be hot for the summer until Drake drops.

Last edited:
These smug sarcastic replies definitely seem believable to me. I don't think he's fishing through the questions tho.

Cosinging this. He and I know a guy who bought Tom Ford shoes and people flipped out when they found out how much they cost. 
Lmao the outrage was ridiculous. His shoes were $995 if I recall correctly. I know he has a pair of $400 Tom Ford sunglasses too.

Last edited:
I just ran through this album for the first time and I really enjoy it. Haven't liked much from Jay since American Gangster.

The production is GREAT. Jay is snoozing through most of these tracks minus a few. I can't stand the disjointed flow he does.

:smh: @ Beach is Better being so short.

how @ the amil story, i thought she cost more than she was making
I mean I was just trolling with the Amil story but a few people in here are taking it seriously.

A sign that anything can be spun i guess #illuminati

Amil quit Roc-a-fella because she was stressed and didn't want to travel that much/wanted to slow down (even though jay was writing a lot of her stuff for her anyway and all she had to do was be pretty.)

But she said she wasn't ready for the fame, and it annoyed him and Dame so they dropped her.  Realized they didn't want/need a female mc.

That's the story.

That sold her soul to the devil **** is lulz though.  Don't just accept stories without a source.

www.theafrolounge.com/2013/02/04/rapper-amil-left-the-music-industry-because-she-refused-to-sell-her-soul/

the afro lounge?

Last edited:
how @ the amil story, i thought she cost more than she was making
I mean I was just trolling with the Amil story but a few people in here are taking it seriously.

A sign that anything can be spun i guess #illuminati

Amil quit Roc-a-fella because she was stressed and didn't want to travel that much/wanted to slow down (even though jay was writing a lot of her stuff for her anyway and all she had to do was be pretty.)

But she said she wasn't ready for the fame, and it annoyed him and Dame so they dropped her.  Realized they didn't want/need a female mc.

That's the story.

That sold her soul to the devil **** is lulz though.  Don't just accept stories without a source.

www.theafrolounge.com/2013/02/04/rapper-amil-left-the-music-industry-because-she-refused-to-sell-her-soul/

the afro lounge?
but that's what illuminati theorist do.

1-9 are too good. I can play them all the way through, no skips, over and over. After that Jay-Z Blue, La Familia, and Beach is Better is all I listen to. My friend LOVES BBC but it's just not for me.

There really are NO unlistenable tracks on this though. I can tolerate BBC, Nickels and Dimes is aight, and Part II I like the beginning.

Amil left the industry because she didn't want to sell her soul :lol:

Vita is probably saying the same thing.

I guess that's easier than saying I wasn't talented like Fox, Kim and Eve and no label wanted me after my album flopped.

Last edited:
the brand doesn't have any prominent logos to display, and unless dudes plan to stunt in a trap club in cashmere suits then it's most unlikely

there was an episode of a show called Iconoclasts where Tom Ford and Jeff Koons (both mentioned on the album) interview each other

might be worth watching if you're interested
I'm going to check that out.

I found out about Tom Ford from the movie a single man in 2010. It was an amazing and beautiful independent film. I've been checking his stuff out ever since.

Amil left the industry because she didn't want to sell her soul :lol:

Vita is probably saying the same thing.

I guess that's easier than saying I wasn't talented like Fox, Kim and Eve and no label wanted me after my album flopped.

Real ish.. How does one sell there soul? And what does it intel?

Things I wrote to jayz that he didnt respond to:

Who dresses better? Kayne or Prince?

What's bigger? MCHG or Memphis Bleeks forehead?

@the pimpc skit: Should rappers buy Chains or Art?

Where you twerkin in the studio while recording Tom Ford?

Whos a better Jay Z? Shawn Carter or Affion Crockett?

Why wouldn't he be tweeting? It's not like he's Obama, dude uses the computer/technology all the time like everyone else. He's probably chillin at home like

jayzmac.jpg

That Amil **** is crazy.. someone needs to track her down for an exclusive
It is a good album, but as I think we would all agree it's mainly carried by the production. And albums that don't have much value outside the production usually don't have longevity. You can only bounce to the same beats so many times before you start wanting to hear something new.

It's basically a somewhat worse version of WTT, it's a nicely produced album that will be hot for a little bit until people get bored of it. I say worse because WTT was also carried by production, but having two dynamic personalities on there made it a far more engaging album that you wanted to keep coming back to. This is just Jay-Z saying his usual Jay-Z stuff, nothing new. I agree with you that it's a good album with great production, but I disagree that anyone will really be trying to listen to it years from now or anything. It'll be hot for the summer until Drake drops.

I was with you until the last sentence.

And that last sentence made everything you just said complete hog wash.

Things I wrote to jayz that he didnt respond to:

Who dresses better? Kayne or Prince?

What's bigger? MCHG or Memphis Bleeks forehead?

@the pimpc skit: Should rappers buy Chains or Art?

Where you twerkin in the studio while recording Tom Ford?

Whos a better Jay Z? Shawn Carter or Affion Crockett?

:rofl: at bleeks forehead

Last edited:
When did Jay become this mythical conscious rapper?

Dudes talking bout Jay should have dropped a deep album...since when? 

Back
Top Bottom