Official Jeremy Lin Thread.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

jeremy lin is like the taiwanese Tim tebow. humble and almost every interview hes giving praise to jesus christ
laugh.gif
he is the typical role model not just for taiwanese and chinese but for everybody..
i wouldnt say hes as overbearing as tebow is, ive heard him thank god a couple times but as far as praise jesus christ lord and savior that died for our sins so i could play basketball? havent really heard that

Originally Posted by NobleKane

jeremy lin is like the taiwanese Tim tebow. humble and almost every interview hes giving praise to jesus christ
laugh.gif
he is the typical role model not just for taiwanese and chinese but for everybody..
i wouldnt say hes as overbearing as tebow is, ive heard him thank god a couple times but as far as praise jesus christ lord and savior that died for our sins so i could play basketball? havent really heard that

let me pose this question NTers....given the small body of work we have thus far where would you place him among active NBA point guards?

My list goes.....

1. Chris Paul

2. Derrick Rose (I'd put him at number one if he was healthy all season).

3. Deron Williams

4. Russell Westbrook

5. Rajon Rondo

6. Steve Nash

7. Tony Parker

8. Ty Lawson

9. Brandon Jennings

10. John Wall

11. Kyrie Irving

12. Ricky Rubio

13. Steph Curry

14. Kyle Lowry

15. Mike Conley

Okay, now there's no question he belongs somewhere on that list. Where?

I'm personally tempted to put him in behind Rondo.......right before Steve Nash......#6

ya'll can feel free to add your own list....

I'm just curious to see where NT thinks the kid ranks.

let me pose this question NTers....given the small body of work we have thus far where would you place him among active NBA point guards?

My list goes.....

1. Chris Paul

3. Deron Williams

4. Russell Westbrook

5. Rajon Rondo

6. Steve Nash

7. Tony Parker

8. Ty Lawson

9. Brandon Jennings

10. John Wall

11. Kyrie Irving

12. Ricky Rubio

13. Steph Curry

14. Kyle Lowry

15. Mike Conley

I'm personally tempted to put him in behind Rondo.......right before Steve Nash......#6

I'm tempted to put him at 5 replacing Rondo. but 9 games is too small a sample size. A lot of that ppl on that list has had 9 game stretches similar to Lin's.

Only way to make the ranking fair is to take everyone's best 9 game stretch and put it up to Lin's best 9 games. 

Otherwise, we should wait a season to start ranking him.

I'm tempted to put him at 5 replacing Rondo. but 9 games is too small a sample size. A lot of that ppl on that list has had 9 game stretches similar to Lin's.

Only way to make the ranking fair is to take everyone's best 9 game stretch and put it up to Lin's best 9 games. 

Otherwise, we should wait a season to start ranking him.

Here's my list (taken from sneakerheathen)

My list goes.....

1. Chris Paul

2. Derrick Rose

3. Deron Williams

4. Russell Westbrook

5. Jeremy Lin

6. Rajon Rondo

7. Steve Nash

8. Tony Parker

9. Brandon Jennings

10. John Wall

11. Steph Curry

12. Ty Lawson

13. Ricky Rubio

14. Kyrie Irving

15. Mike Conley

Here's my list (taken from sneakerheathen)

My list goes.....

1. Chris Paul

2. Derrick Rose

3. Deron Williams

4. Russell Westbrook

5. Jeremy Lin

6. Rajon Rondo

7. Steve Nash

8. Tony Parker

9. Brandon Jennings

10. John Wall

11. Steph Curry

12. Ty Lawson

13. Ricky Rubio

14. Kyrie Irving

15. Mike Conley

Let me first state, that in years past I have always put Deron Williams on my top 5 PG list, but this year he is definately not up there. I have YES, and when the Knicks dont play I turn on some Nets games. What I've seen this season is not worthy of being called an Elite PG. He's "led" his team to the dumps, and its very evident he's just doing him this season. But as far as that list goes I'd place him a good 8th or 9th

Let me first state, that in years past I have always put Deron Williams on my top 5 PG list, but this year he is definately not up there. I have YES, and when the Knicks dont play I turn on some Nets games. What I've seen this season is not worthy of being called an Elite PG. He's "led" his team to the dumps, and its very evident he's just doing him this season. But as far as that list goes I'd place him a good 8th or 9th

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

My list goes.....

1. Chris Paul

3. Deron Williams

4. Russell Westbrook

5. Rajon Rondo

6. Steve Nash

7. Tony Parker

8. Ty Lawson

9. Brandon Jennings

10. John Wall

11. Kyrie Irving

12. Ricky Rubio

13. Steph Curry

14. Kyle Lowry

15. Mike Conley

Let LIN finish the season before you fabricate week to week rankings of him.  He has but a very short history of games.  All he has been doing is using his speed and quickness in getting points, but more so his passes are so easy given the structure of the team.  I mean, his passes are no brainer street ball IQ type of plays.  Dribble drive off the quicker guard, then go in the air and dish off if they collapse on him.

Perhaps its his DESIRE to play this CONSISTANTLY w/ this mentality instead of jacking shots.

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

My list goes.....

1. Chris Paul

3. Deron Williams

4. Russell Westbrook

5. Rajon Rondo

6. Steve Nash

7. Tony Parker

8. Ty Lawson

9. Brandon Jennings

10. John Wall

11. Kyrie Irving

12. Ricky Rubio

13. Steph Curry

14. Kyle Lowry

15. Mike Conley

Let LIN finish the season before you fabricate week to week rankings of him.  He has but a very short history of games.  All he has been doing is using his speed and quickness in getting points, but more so his passes are so easy given the structure of the team.  I mean, his passes are no brainer street ball IQ type of plays.  Dribble drive off the quicker guard, then go in the air and dish off if they collapse on him.

Perhaps its his DESIRE to play this CONSISTANTLY w/ this mentality instead of jacking shots.

laugh.gif
im confused as to how you want Lin to score points and get his assists. so he should be getting buckets in other ways than using his speed and quickness? (he's hitting some contested jump shots too)
Don't the majority of PGs make their bread and butter that way? dribble penetration, kick out to the open guy or pass off once they collapse or get to the hoop if theres an open lane. How else do you want him to get his points and assists?
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
im confused as to how you want Lin to score points and get his assists. so he should be getting buckets in other ways than using his speed and quickness? (he's hitting some contested jump shots too)
Don't the majority of PGs make their bread and butter that way? dribble penetration, kick out to the open guy or pass off once they collapse or get to the hoop if theres an open lane. How else do you want him to get his points and assists?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by denni5themenace

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

It depends on the offense of the team.  Look at Fisher running the point for LA as compared to Tony Parker for the Spurs, Nash for the Suns, etc.  
I'm just a bit awed by the lack of defensive effort other teams have shown against Lin.  When they face the Heats is when it'll be a real test.  But you know what?  It's not just Lin anymore, it's his whole team.  The media will peg things against him, but real tests come with time.

Lin got BURNT on the round trip when rematched against D-Will, so how would you look at that? lol

Originally Posted by denni5themenace

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

It depends on the offense of the team.  Look at Fisher running the point for LA as compared to Tony Parker for the Spurs, Nash for the Suns, etc.  
I'm just a bit awed by the lack of defensive effort other teams have shown against Lin.  When they face the Heats is when it'll be a real test.  But you know what?  It's not just Lin anymore, it's his whole team.  The media will peg things against him, but real tests come with time.

Lin got BURNT on the round trip when rematched against D-Will, so how would you look at that? lol

^ i guarantee you when the knicks meet the nets in april , dwill doesnt go 8-13 from downtown. on the other hand, im confident with this team, lin can throw up 20 and 8 against anyone in the L.

^ i guarantee you when the knicks meet the nets in april , dwill doesnt go 8-13 from downtown. on the other hand, im confident with this team, lin can throw up 20 and 8 against anyone in the L.

Originally Posted by RunningFishy

All he has been doing is using his speed and quickness in getting points, but more so his passes are so easy given the structure of the team.  I mean, his passes are no brainer street ball IQ type of plays.  Dribble drive off the quicker guard, then go in the air and dish off if they collapse on him.

eek.gif
roll.gif

no brainer... the irony

Originally Posted by RunningFishy

All he has been doing is using his speed and quickness in getting points, but more so his passes are so easy given the structure of the team.  I mean, his passes are no brainer street ball IQ type of plays.  Dribble drive off the quicker guard, then go in the air and dish off if they collapse on him.

eek.gif
roll.gif

no brainer... the irony

Back
Top Bottom