Official Jeremy Lin Thread.

Looks like he ran into a pothole tonight. 
But then again, Miami is the best team in the league... 

Originally Posted by LDJ

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

Stephen A Smith is an idiot talks shhh about everyone, he had a rant about Lebron before. He would've got on his hairline if his didn't go further back than Lebron's. 

how so .. lets see all what he said

He hasnt played a team who consistantly play defense.... So exactly how is this not true
Hes ineffective if forced to his left....... So what isnt true about that
If pressured he becomes flustered and makes easy mistakes..... How was this not true
Hes always been a high t.o. player..... How is this not true (btw he leads the league for the month in this catergory)
He hasnt played a team that has focused or played d on him consistantly throughout the game.... How is this not true
He still has trouble making decisions once he penetrates....How is this not true (btw thats where he gets most of his t.o. in which again he leads the league for the month)
If played close he tries to force the issue and miss opportunities... How is this wrong (how many times amare and melo and completely missed them)

I bet the only thing you agree with is he is their best option, and he makes the team better...

I love how ppl like to pick and choose the facts they wanna hear listen too.. I dont know what player you have been watching but everything he said was factual and can be proved by stats and gameplay....

End of the day he has had a set of good games against teams who either played him loose, didnt apply pressure on him, allowed to get what he wants, and teams that were bad or mediocre overall on team defense.

Do i think he sucks no... but i cant say he is great or even good untill i see him play good against someone good. Some of yall sound like the dudes who go to the gym and go to the side of the court where the sorry mediocre players are and start balling, cause you know if you went to the side of the gym where the real ballers at would get str8 exposed.

My opinion is that Stephen A Smith is an idiot... how is this not true
It's MY opinion, and I'm sure if you Google search these words : Stephen A Smith idiot, you'll get a decent number of results.
I did not mention ANYTHING about Stephen A Smith's criticism of Jeremy Lin... how is this not true

Originally Posted by LDJ

Stephen A Smith is an idiot talks shhh about everyone, he had a rant about Lebron before. He would've got on his hairline if his didn't go further back than Lebron's. 

He hasnt played a team who consistantly play defense.... So exactly how is this not true
If pressured he becomes flustered and makes easy mistakes..... How was this not true
Hes always been a high t.o. player..... How is this not true (btw he leads the league for the month in this catergory)
He hasnt played a team that has focused or played d on him consistantly throughout the game.... How is this not true
He still has trouble making decisions once he penetrates....How is this not true (btw thats where he gets most of his t.o. in which again he leads the league for the month)
If played close he tries to force the issue and miss opportunities... How is this wrong (how many times amare and melo and completely missed them)

I bet the only thing you agree with is he is their best option, and he makes the team better...

I love how ppl like to pick and choose the facts they wanna hear listen too.. I dont know what player you have been watching but everything he said was factual and can be proved by stats and gameplay....

End of the day he has had a set of good games against teams who either played him loose, didnt apply pressure on him, allowed to get what he wants, and teams that were bad or mediocre overall on team defense.

Do i think he sucks no... but i cant say he is great or even good untill i see him play good against someone good. Some of yall sound like the dudes who go to the gym and go to the side of the court where the sorry mediocre players are and start balling, cause you know if you went to the side of the gym where the real ballers at would get str8 exposed.

It's MY opinion, and I'm sure if you Google search these words : Stephen A Smith idiot, you'll get a decent number of results.
I did not mention ANYTHING about Stephen A Smith's criticism of Jeremy Lin... how is this not true

freakydestroyer wrote:
Originally Posted by LDJ

freakydestroyer wrote:

ok hes an accomplished articulant man who is world reknown, a master and is payed to give his opinions about sports and whose opinion about sports is respect by players and other ppl in the sporting world worldwide...

And um your credentials again...

And lets not play stupid i mean a man posted what stephen a says about lin and 2 seconds later you post how his opinions are stupid right after he says it in a jeremy lin thread...

Come on man be foreal...

We get your on the dudes jock iuno if its a race thing/a knick fan thing or whatever.... but let it go its ok... Im sure he will get better a perhaps become a good or even a great player... but for now he is decent player who had a string of good games against poor/mediocre teams, who was hyped up because his compelling story mixed with his race and the team he is own..

Nothing more nothing less. And i know if he woulda did great ppl would be saying he great etc... and if jr rider wouldnt been dabbling in dope he woulda had a long a good career, and if welker/branch caught those passes the pats wouldve had another ring... but you know what.....

IT DIDNT HAPPEN

freakydestroyer wrote:
Originally Posted by LDJ

freakydestroyer wrote:

ok hes an accomplished articulant man who is world reknown, a master and is payed to give his opinions about sports and whose opinion about sports is respect by players and other ppl in the sporting world worldwide...

And lets not play stupid i mean a man posted what stephen a says about lin and 2 seconds later you post how his opinions are stupid right after he says it in a jeremy lin thread...

Come on man be foreal...

We get your on the dudes jock iuno if its a race thing/a knick fan thing or whatever.... but let it go its ok... Im sure he will get better a perhaps become a good or even a great player... but for now he is decent player who had a string of good games against poor/mediocre teams, who was hyped up because his compelling story mixed with his race and the team he is own..

Nothing more nothing less. And i know if he woulda did great ppl would be saying he great etc... and if jr rider wouldnt been dabbling in dope he woulda had a long a good career, and if welker/branch caught those passes the pats wouldve had another ring... but you know what.....

IT DIDNT HAPPEN

Originally Posted by LDJ

freakydestroyer wrote:
Originally Posted by LDJ

I know this is an online forum and not a class paper, but come on now... seriously? And just because he is paid to do this and is on TV, doesn't make him the most qualified. You heard of Jim Cramer, he has his own show on CNBC and he's making pretty good money but if you listen to his advice on the financial markets then you are extremely naive. Or how about Bill O'Reilly? He has own show and gets paid to say racist crap. By the way, didn't Smith catch some heat for talking mess about MJ trading Jason Richardson for Brandan Wright? He's just a loud mouth who landed a spot on ESPN.

I did not refer to anything that Stephen A Smith said about Lin, I just said he is an idiot in general. Nor did I write off the possibility that what he said about Lin might have some truth behind it.

Come on man be foreal...

Again my comment about Smith has nothing to do with Lin, but now that you mentioned it. It's obvious to just about everyone what Lin's flaws are. You don't need to be a sports commentator to see it.

IT DIDNT HAPPEN

This isn't necessarily directed to you, but to most of the Lin haters out there. You all have been waiting for this day, just to say he's been "exposed". He has a lot of supporters, but also a lot praying for his downfall for whatever reason. Let him live, he did not ask for all this hype. He's just here to play basketball. The fact that he went from being undrafted, to journey man, to starter, and then mentioned in the same sentence as Lebron and D Wade is an accomplishment in itself. We shouldn't expect him to bring magic before our eyes. But what he's done so far is pretty damn close.

Originally Posted by LDJ

freakydestroyer wrote:
Originally Posted by LDJ

I know this is an online forum and not a class paper, but come on now... seriously? And just because he is paid to do this and is on TV, doesn't make him the most qualified. You heard of Jim Cramer, he has his own show on CNBC and he's making pretty good money but if you listen to his advice on the financial markets then you are extremely naive. Or how about Bill O'Reilly? He has own show and gets paid to say racist crap. By the way, didn't Smith catch some heat for talking mess about MJ trading Jason Richardson for Brandan Wright? He's just a loud mouth who landed a spot on ESPN.

I did not refer to anything that Stephen A Smith said about Lin, I just said he is an idiot in general. Nor did I write off the possibility that what he said about Lin might have some truth behind it.

Come on man be foreal...

Again my comment about Smith has nothing to do with Lin, but now that you mentioned it. It's obvious to just about everyone what Lin's flaws are. You don't need to be a sports commentator to see it.

IT DIDNT HAPPEN

This isn't necessarily directed to you, but to most of the Lin haters out there. You all have been waiting for this day, just to say he's been "exposed". He has a lot of supporters, but also a lot praying for his downfall for whatever reason. Let him live, he did not ask for all this hype. He's just here to play basketball. The fact that he went from being undrafted, to journey man, to starter, and then mentioned in the same sentence as Lebron and D Wade is an accomplishment in itself. We shouldn't expect him to bring magic before our eyes. But what he's done so far is pretty damn close.

Originally Posted by LDJ

freakydestroyer wrote:

Come on man be foreal...

IT DIDNT HAPPEN

its because of his story moreso then what he has actually done on the court. i hope he does well same with ivan johnson same as any others... but soo soo many ppl and majority of the world was acting like this dude pulled together some of the greatest bball seen. i mean when you look at his game he is a decent player... it isnt because of the lost today its just his game is decent...

i mean folks saying westbrook sucks and is turnover king yet this dude does it twice as much... ppl was saying oh hes a great shooter yet his percentage is league average... folks folks say he has great court vison, let majority of his assist are due to fastbreaks... 

ive watched all the games hes played and his a decent player, hes quick, has a nice first step pretty good range a knack for getting in the lane and obviously has will, and has a good work ethic which cant be said for pretty much the majority of his team...

but majority of these linsanity fans are avid bball fans or even dont have knowledge of the game... his rise to fame again is more of this generation of monkey see monkey doo i follow think something is popular etc if media tells me, mixed with the media pumping his story and brainwashing society that he is popular he is popular you must follow like him, moreso then what his game play actually is...

again not hating its just is what it is... its like anything else media/society hypebeast from iphone/ipad to tennis shoes, to whatever. why do you think nike gave him a contract TWO years ago...? 

Originally Posted by LDJ

freakydestroyer wrote:

Come on man be foreal...

IT DIDNT HAPPEN

its because of his story moreso then what he has actually done on the court. i hope he does well same with ivan johnson same as any others... but soo soo many ppl and majority of the world was acting like this dude pulled together some of the greatest bball seen. i mean when you look at his game he is a decent player... it isnt because of the lost today its just his game is decent...

i mean folks saying westbrook sucks and is turnover king yet this dude does it twice as much... ppl was saying oh hes a great shooter yet his percentage is league average... folks folks say he has great court vison, let majority of his assist are due to fastbreaks... 

ive watched all the games hes played and his a decent player, hes quick, has a nice first step pretty good range a knack for getting in the lane and obviously has will, and has a good work ethic which cant be said for pretty much the majority of his team...

but majority of these linsanity fans are avid bball fans or even dont have knowledge of the game... his rise to fame again is more of this generation of monkey see monkey doo i follow think something is popular etc if media tells me, mixed with the media pumping his story and brainwashing society that he is popular he is popular you must follow like him, moreso then what his game play actually is...

again not hating its just is what it is... its like anything else media/society hypebeast from iphone/ipad to tennis shoes, to whatever. why do you think nike gave him a contract TWO years ago...? 

Originally Posted by LDJ

Originally Posted by LDJ

Come on man be foreal...

IT DIDNT HAPPEN

not a fan of the slurping of him (or tebow) but it is what it is
when bspn controls most of what you see sports related, this is gonna happen

its happening more w lin b/c ratings for the association as opposed to the shield are PLUMMETING...and attendance is awful save for maybe 10 franchises...gotta grab the attention where and when you can...and since sterns whole NBAchina deal went to shugahoneyicetea, this is the next best thing...i mean lin is on the ticker of cnn and has sections of local newssites with a lin tracker on the front page (at least here in the bay area)

hes a dec player with a plus basketball iq, but regarding tonite, save me the tired arg as hes played about 1/3 of the games most everyone else has...hes looked even worse in his b2b games

that being said

dude is an ok/plus player in a system that "doesnt care about TOs"...because he seems like a good dude off the court, i hope he does well...but as a bulls fan, i hope him and antoni stick around for a long time

Originally Posted by LDJ

Originally Posted by LDJ

Come on man be foreal...

IT DIDNT HAPPEN

not a fan of the slurping of him (or tebow) but it is what it is
when bspn controls most of what you see sports related, this is gonna happen

its happening more w lin b/c ratings for the association as opposed to the shield are PLUMMETING...and attendance is awful save for maybe 10 franchises...gotta grab the attention where and when you can...and since sterns whole NBAchina deal went to shugahoneyicetea, this is the next best thing...i mean lin is on the ticker of cnn and has sections of local newssites with a lin tracker on the front page (at least here in the bay area)

hes a dec player with a plus basketball iq, but regarding tonite, save me the tired arg as hes played about 1/3 of the games most everyone else has...hes looked even worse in his b2b games

that being said

dude is an ok/plus player in a system that "doesnt care about TOs"...because he seems like a good dude off the court, i hope he does well...but as a bulls fan, i hope him and antoni stick around for a long time

his rookie card is going for 20k yes 20 thousand dollars... hell is lebron, kobe, dwade etc cards even going for this much?

his rookie card is going for 20k yes 20 thousand dollars... hell is lebron, kobe, dwade etc cards even going for this much?

Originally Posted by Tupack Shaker

DAAAMN Stephen A Smith just went IN on Lin. Everything that man says is the truth.

name me one non black athlete that SAS has ever had good things to say about. 
hes always been a racist, fake knicks fan who like to suck off stars and name drop

he used to say some very messed up things about Donnie Walsh too. saying lebron couldnt relate to him because he's an old white man and other stupid reasons why lebron didnt come. always wanted him fired

yet he always sticks up for isiah thomas to this day. hes always been about black athletes and nothing else

And hes the same one who screamed over and over to give EVERYTHING for melo. he's just a prick

DAAAMN Stephen A Smith just went IN on Lin. Everything that man says is the truth.

hes always been a racist, fake knicks fan who like to suck off stars and name drop

he used to say some very messed up things about Donnie Walsh too. saying lebron couldnt relate to him because he's an old white man and other stupid reasons why lebron didnt come. always wanted him fired

yet he always sticks up for isiah thomas to this day. hes always been about black athletes and nothing else

And hes the same one who screamed over and over to give EVERYTHING for melo. he's just a prick

Originally Posted by DubA169

When he said Dirk Nowitzki was doing things we've never seen someone his size do.

When he said Dirk Nowitzki was doing things we've never seen someone his size do.

you dont have much of a choice when dirk is a champion destroying bron. i'd bet he was calling him soft his entire career

SAS has always rubbed me the wrong way. he's a very fake knicks fan who sucks off stars.

and i really do feel like the black community aint loving that Lin is getting love but melo is getting hated on. it isnt ever brought up.

you cant defend isiah thomas the GM to this day and claim you want donnie walsh fired every other day unless you have an AGENDA.

you dont have much of a choice when dirk is a champion destroying bron. i'd bet he was calling him soft his entire career

SAS has always rubbed me the wrong way. he's a very fake knicks fan who sucks off stars.

and i really do feel like the black community aint loving that Lin is getting love but melo is getting hated on. it isnt ever brought up.

you cant defend isiah thomas the GM to this day and claim you want donnie walsh fired every other day unless you have an AGENDA.

This was prior to the NBA finals, though.

This was prior to the NBA finals, though.

Back
Top Bottom