Official Jeremy Lin Thread.

Originally Posted by yao11ming4mvp

Dang, he led his team to beat Mater Dei ! Our team lost to them in the State playoffs by like 20, but our best player wasn't there because he got two technical fouls and wasn't eligible to play.

Where'd you go??

Yeah Lin had a big game against them.

Econ from Harvard
A chance for a career in the NBA

I'd say life is pretty good looking from the outside
pimp.gif

Econ from Harvard
A chance for a career in the NBA

I'd say life is pretty good looking from the outside
pimp.gif

on another note, looked like a star player on that summer league squad.  in two jump balls hitting deep 3's?!

on another note, looked like a star player on that summer league squad.  in two jump balls hitting deep 3's?!

Unfortunately, as much as I want to jump on the Jeremy Lin bandwagon for being the first AA in the L, in his interviews, he downplays his identity.  He identifies with being a Christian.  This dude could be inspiring so many more people by embracing his identity as a racial minority in the NBA, but he stuck his foot in his mouth.  If he didn't say a damn thing, he would still bee an inspiration to everyone for just making it in the L.  On the other hand, for him to come out and overtly downplay the impact of his Asian-American identity is extremely disappointing to me. 
 Lin doesn't have an army of fans and supporters for being a Christian.  Lin didn't get signed by the Warriors for being a Christian.  His Christianity isn't the reason why he's hyped.  If this dude wasn't Asian-American, he'd be a nobody.  His Taiwanese great grandparents must be rolling in their graves to hear this dude make it and not rep his people.

Unfortunately, as much as I want to jump on the Jeremy Lin bandwagon for being the first AA in the L, in his interviews, he downplays his identity.  He identifies with being a Christian.  This dude could be inspiring so many more people by embracing his identity as a racial minority in the NBA, but he stuck his foot in his mouth.  If he didn't say a damn thing, he would still bee an inspiration to everyone for just making it in the L.  On the other hand, for him to come out and overtly downplay the impact of his Asian-American identity is extremely disappointing to me. 
 Lin doesn't have an army of fans and supporters for being a Christian.  Lin didn't get signed by the Warriors for being a Christian.  His Christianity isn't the reason why he's hyped.  If this dude wasn't Asian-American, he'd be a nobody.  His Taiwanese great grandparents must be rolling in their graves to hear this dude make it and not rep his people.

and he refuses to speak mandarin. when reporters ask him questions in chinese he answers in english. there is a video on youtube where a reporter asks him to say something for i guess his production company. he asks "how do you say that in english?"

and he refuses to speak mandarin. when reporters ask him questions in chinese he answers in english. there is a video on youtube where a reporter asks him to say something for i guess his production company. he asks "how do you say that in english?"

Nice, it's good to see an Asian-American in the League. Hope he performs to the best of his ability and works hard.

Nice, it's good to see an Asian-American in the League. Hope he performs to the best of his ability and works hard.

Originally Posted by ThEPoiNTGoD

damn!

damn!

you should stick your foot in your mouth

i would be sick and tired of hearing that asian-american label every time he's mentioned in an interview. Picture if he did that, and he flopped hardcore. He'll be the Jin of the NBA. Let the man do his thing, once he's successful if he wants to talk about his ethnicity then that's fine and dandy.

i would be sick and tired of hearing that asian-american label every time he's mentioned in an interview. Picture if he did that, and he flopped hardcore. He'll be the Jin of the NBA. Let the man do his thing, once he's successful if he wants to talk about his ethnicity then that's fine and dandy.

Originally Posted by Viewtiful Mik3

co-sign, but even if he's the Jin of the NBA, his influence on that asian-american demographic will still be undeniable....look at music. the way far east movement has that annoying single played everywhere now, I don't think one can deny Jin indirectly made it possible.

Originally Posted by Viewtiful Mik3

co-sign, but even if he's the Jin of the NBA, his influence on that asian-american demographic will still be undeniable....look at music. the way far east movement has that annoying single played everywhere now, I don't think one can deny Jin indirectly made it possible.

Back
Top Bottom