Official Jeremy Lin Thread.

Originally Posted by traviswade

people need to kill the hype on jeremy lin , dude had like one nice game and everyone is riding him .. . but even with tht said im waiting to see wat else this dude can do . dont get me wrong he isnt a bad player , but constiency is the key .
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by traviswade

people need to kill the hype on jeremy lin , dude had like one nice game and everyone is riding him .. . but even with tht said im waiting to see wat else this dude can do . dont get me wrong he isnt a bad player , but constiency is the key .
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

umm Floyd is right. If Lin wasnt asian and on the Knicks this would be a non story. Look at the press Monta ellis gets. Rarely any. Dont deny that race has something to do with it. His story attracts attention because it isnt the norm. Thats like a woman playing linebacker for a college men's team and actually being good. You wouldnt sit her saying, " well its all about her skill". No, its about her being a woman and having that skill

umm Floyd is right. If Lin wasnt asian and on the Knicks this would be a non story. Look at the press Monta ellis gets. Rarely any. Dont deny that race has something to do with it. His story attracts attention because it isnt the norm. Thats like a woman playing linebacker for a college men's team and actually being good. You wouldnt sit her saying, " well its all about her skill". No, its about her being a woman and having that skill

Originally Posted by blakep267

laugh.gif
Boy sit your !%@ down!

Originally Posted by blakep267

laugh.gif
Boy sit your !%@ down!

Originally Posted by kiendienn

mayweather trying to stay relevant, desperate cry for help
mayweather comment was uncalled for, but the biggest draw in boxing being irrelevant?? aite...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by kiendienn

mayweather trying to stay relevant, desperate cry for help
mayweather comment was uncalled for, but the biggest draw in boxing being irrelevant?? aite...
laugh.gif

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Tweet of the Day: Floyd Mayweather[/h1]By Brian Kilkenny
February 14, 2012 at 12:12 AM

First of all, I was never a fan of Floyd Mayweather to begin with. My reasons are not worth mentioning, but this is just pathetic. Through ignorance and probably a good amount of racism, Mayweather claims that the only reason for the Lin hype is his nationality. He also notes that black players do the same thing every night and do not get the same praise. Really? So when Kevin Durant scores 35, nobody praises him? When Kobe wins championships, nobody praises him? I beg to differ. But in term’s of Lin,there’s no way you can say it’s because he is asian. Yes, it adds to his terrific story, but so does his Harvard degree, his sleeping on his brother’s couch, the precious timing; Oh, and what about the fact that he has led his team to win 5 straight, scored the most points in his first 4 starts EVER (109), and put up 38 on a still highly competitive Lakers team. Honestly, this statement is wrong in so many ways, and if the media bashes him relentlessly for it, I will be pleased.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Tweet of the Day: Floyd Mayweather[/h1]By Brian Kilkenny
February 14, 2012 at 12:12 AM

First of all, I was never a fan of Floyd Mayweather to begin with. My reasons are not worth mentioning, but this is just pathetic. Through ignorance and probably a good amount of racism, Mayweather claims that the only reason for the Lin hype is his nationality. He also notes that black players do the same thing every night and do not get the same praise. Really? So when Kevin Durant scores 35, nobody praises him? When Kobe wins championships, nobody praises him? I beg to differ. But in term’s of Lin,there’s no way you can say it’s because he is asian. Yes, it adds to his terrific story, but so does his Harvard degree, his sleeping on his brother’s couch, the precious timing; Oh, and what about the fact that he has led his team to win 5 straight, scored the most points in his first 4 starts EVER (109), and put up 38 on a still highly competitive Lakers team. Honestly, this statement is wrong in so many ways, and if the media bashes him relentlessly for it, I will be pleased.

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

Mayweather is determined to start a race war yet again
laugh.gif
But really, is he wrong for expressing his opinion when ESPN said the exact same thing too?http://t.co/t70vpTni
eh? that's not what they said at all...
it's a factor..but not the sole factor

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

Mayweather is determined to start a race war yet again
laugh.gif
But really, is he wrong for expressing his opinion when ESPN said the exact same thing too?http://t.co/t70vpTni
eh? that's not what they said at all...
it's a factor..but not the sole factor

Floyd is right, he's been playing well for us which is good but the media is just trying to fill that Tim Tebow void now. If the media would relax and let him play, it'd be different BUT he's asian and doing this so it's great for them.

Floyd is right, he's been playing well for us which is good but the media is just trying to fill that Tim Tebow void now. If the media would relax and let him play, it'd be different BUT he's asian and doing this so it's great for them.

Floyd is right but as usual he just said it in his normal a hole way. Its obvious Lin's nationality has played a factor in the amount national coverage this story has got. If Jeremy Lin was a brother named Jerome who played college ball in the MEAC who was puttin up these numbers then I'd doubt if CNN would talk about it.

Floyd is right but as usual he just said it in his normal a hole way. Its obvious Lin's nationality has played a factor in the amount national coverage this story has got. If Jeremy Lin was a brother named Jerome who played college ball in the MEAC who was puttin up these numbers then I'd doubt if CNN would talk about it.

Floyd's stance is extremely condescending, especially coming from someone who has said slick racist %$%% in the past. Can't believe some of y'all are letting him slide. 

Floyd's stance is extremely condescending, especially coming from someone who has said slick racist %$%% in the past. Can't believe some of y'all are letting him slide. 

Back
Top Bottom