OFFICIAL JEWELRY THREAD - 56k

Quote:
And for the record, sickest chains in the thread goes to -

Those two chains do look sick on Nelly. I'd like the smaller one with a diamond cross for myself. If I got that I'd probably never buy another chain again.

I do like K-Town's white and canary diamond chain though. I need to go back through this thread to see if there's any closeup pics. Simple, but hot!

naw, Baby actually spent the cheese on all his chains. LOL
he ain't rent nothin, hence the reason why he's claimed bankruptcy.

he got at one point the largest advance next to janet jackson and mariah carey any record label has ever given out for Cash Money Records.. it was a stupid 8 figure number. I guess that's all gone.

it ain't easy to get a deal no more, look at Puffy, he can't even find a major to distribute him and he's put out millions of hits. he just got no artists right now. he jerked all of them.
DJ Homicide, DJ AM, DJ Ben Baller = A M C
Dyrt clothing coming soon worldwide!
www.solerebelfoundation.com

Baby's "2 million dollar" chain is definitely fugazzi. Chris Aire made it for him along with most of his other @#%$ that is mostly fugazzi. He has been rockin fake jewels since 99 at least. It started with a dude named Sol in New Orleans that did all of their original cash money pieces and once he started rockin all the big stuff they were mostly cz pieces. Chris was doing the same thing for him once they got down in 2000. Some thing with Master P. I know for a fact that he got a CZ bracelet from a dude out of Beverly Hills named Joel that deals with alot of industry cats that was the slave cuff looking thing he had for a minute. Shaq is also notorious for it. I remember Joel talking to Joel the first day Shaq called and asked him to make a rediculously huge bracelet full of cz's. I actually was in Jacob's the day he finished Pharell's 2 pieces with the plate of Chad, Shay, and himself and the one with the big rope attached. Those things weigh like 3-4 pounds a piece and i didn't believe he would ever wear those things. Now, since then he's gotten the ice cream piece, the fox, and some other pieces. He's a maniac and all his stuff is official. But the craziest diamond chain i've seen is AI's. He has a chain the same size as Baby's knockoff damn near and it all real. Every 3rd stone is canary. He has a bracelet that is the same size stones and white:canary ratio. And also Jermaine O'neal has a piece similar in size to Baby's knockoff (slightly smaller) still rose gold and it's real.. Those AI's and J-O's are the two most expensive diamond chains Chris has ever done.....

haha......ben, yeah, i was gonna say you probably should forget about Jin and holla Dre or Dame to help you get at that Asian TX kid. Unfortunatley, it doesn't look like Jin's going anywhere.....kid's got witty punchlines, esp from a jump & NOT written like other 'freestylers'+battle rappers, but all we all seen that stuff can only take you so far (not very) if you don't have your look+image straight.

I ain't one to talk, but, actually, take away that Johnny Boi dude's ink + grillz, and he looks like one of them kids slanging boba at the local tea joint.

i haven't any buzz about him or listened to any of his tracks, but if the kid's getting some shine and has some flow, more power to the yellow brotha.

ididit4theluv,
I seen a couple of baby's chains and yeh chris aire did them, but damn CHRIS PULLIN JACOB THE JEWELER SCHEMES? jesus. it's questionable either way.

like I said good israelies can see the truth through a loop. not a diamond tester (red/green light)

CL,

jimmy boi got a buzz, it could either way though, not like Jin. I'm sayin if he catches a short wave, please believe i'll be there to blow his @#%$ up. I'mma put him on our radio show and maybe get him on a mixtape with the DIPS or Game. I'm feelin this cat. he went all out. I mean, he went waaaay all out.

we'll see. he don't need dame or dre, but DRE can help HUGE! dre could be that factor to turn this into an EM situation.

I got him on my top 8 on myspace and I have close to 100,000 views already in a short time. he already got back at me. I'm too old to tour and hold a mic now. I'll sit behind the scenes. dude is alright too. he is def. marketable. gimmick or not. get him some Dr. Dre drums and it could be a wrap. there are more asians in this world then anything else.

Taco, they say the same things about latin rappers. I've heard latins say the same.
Lil Rob blah blah blah.
I ain't gonna get technical with the Regganton and that Fab is dominican and Juelz, etc. I'm talkin straight Mexicans....
but for latins:
Big Pun was the first to go platinum and then Fat Joe.....and really outside Cypress Hill, no one mexican has done it really, I hope my boy OMAR CRUZ does it, he just signed the dotted line with Jimmy Iovine and DRE, he got Cartoon and Soul Assasins backin him, so I wish him the best.

as for Jimmy Boi, he got his own label. with better distribution, he could make a million dollars selling in houston alone. smaller labels, inhouse promotion = way more cheese per person, that $6 a record type @#%$. he just needs to sell under 175,000 units which isn't hard. I take him to japan and do the JokerBrand type tour, it's over.... he's on songs with Paul Wall and Slim and all those houston cats who are crazy hot in the biz right now. not everyone can get next to those guys. if he can piggy back, it'll help.

Quote:
no one mexican has done it really

If I could get my boy off the streets, he could have a chance. I know every says they got someone that can rhyme, but this guy has it. He's my girlfriends brother and we've been partying together for a few years. Anytime we go out, he'll start breakdancing, getting a crowd, and then will just start flowing all night. He keeps killin everyone, but I can't get him serious enough to start putting some money into some equipment. I'm almost at the point of putting up the cash, but I don't wanna waste my money if he doesn't get serious. Cops been here twice this week alone to tell us to turn down the stereo. LOL, evertime it's him battling a homeboy or us up all night smoking and him flowin. I'd love to see San Antonio get a little shine.

lol....i meant i was gonna suggest that YOU drop Jin as your target/ticket outa retirement and have Dre or Dame back you against Johnny Boi instead. that match-up would be a lil more legit than trying to get at a 5-3 munchkin.

Jin is still nice w/the battles + off the top punchlines tho.

K TOWN:

In Chris' defense, i've never heard of anyone he's gotten on some scam @#%$ before. Baby openly asks for his stuff because at the end of the day you know like i do, not many peeps will question him because he's known for stuntin'. But you already know alot of these cats would be surprised how many dudes be frontin'. If dudes wanna rock cz's or moissanite or anything else i don't have a problem with it at all, just don't run around telling everyone your chain is 2 million and all that. On the Jacob note:
I deal with all of these "top jeweler" (i don't really like any of them cause they all are scam artists imo), but in his defense that Nas situation didn't happen under Jacob's watch. It ended up that Jacob was getting robbed blind by one of the guys who was setting his stones and was replacing stones with moissanite. He is currently locked up for that and Nas had everything squared away. Jacob is a jerk, but i will say that it'd make no sense for him to do something like that. He's making warehouseload's of paper off these dudes and the publicity would've been suicide for him doing some stuff like that. Nas still cops jewels from him because he knows what happened. Peace

ididit4theluv... :wow:
formerly idoit4theluv correct? i used to love seeing your fitted pickups from back in the day.. lol

The fool Jimmy Boi is a straight up chump....my friends and I were working with this club he was going to be at. Dude ran up a $4500 tab and bounced without paying...he expected it to be free since he just signed with swishahouse.

So...he got wrecked a 'lil bit in the parking lot.... :lol:
laugh.gif

Anyway...his music is garbage and he's basically, like everyone said, a gimmick.

Quote:
ididit4theluv

Idoit4theluv !!!

My dude... :wow:
eek.gif
I remember you...The hell happened to you fam?

But wait, KTown, please don't tell me you co-signin' this wack-as$ cuz he Asian and you think he might be marketable... :smh:
nono.gif

Ain't nothin' worse than somebody wit $$/Connects/Influence finances/co-signs somebody that's garbage...When it's 100 more deservin' N's that rap...When I say rap, I mean makin' songs, overall artist etc...

Dude is as$, Myself and a million other ma'f's should have a deal before this dude... :smh:
nono.gif

here Once Was A Boy That Lived On The South Side Of Chicago Liked His Hat To The Right Side.​

MR KTOWN
oh @#%$ now i recognize who you are.
your that one asian dude off that gay @#%$ movie CAKE

i guess i'll have to get around to listening to some of Jimmy Boi's stuff before I formulate my own opinion on him.

but, on the real, if ben says dude has some talent and sees marketablity in him, i think that should say a lil something.........he did punch the clock in the industry.

correction
the movie was horrible quality wise
but you were pretty thro'd off
espeically in that hummer scene in the middle of the desert part
throd

wanna hear a real asian dude get wild..hollar at my homeboy pakman
dudes a sick asian kid tryin to grind
il send u some of his @#%$

Quote:
MOSSANITES CAN'T BEAT A GOOD JEWELER AND A LOOP BUDDY.

yeah thats if i wanted to sell them..but if chemically they shine better then diamonds and are cheaper..then why get diamond studs feel me?

team platano

Quote:
your that one asian dude off that gay movie CAKE

Quote:
wanna hear a real asian dude get wild..hollar at my homeboy pakman
dudes a sick asian kid tryin to grind
il send u some of his @#%$

SMH, how you gonna talk mess about dude and then 180 and holla at him to hook up your boy.

it ain't none of my biz, but contrary + fairweather people = :rolleyes
eyes.gif

enough BS from me....back to celeb rocks.

Quote:
i think that should say a lil something.........he did punch the clock in the industry.

That's why I'm shocked and diappointed in dude...He worked wit Jay and Dre supposedly, He should know better...

Talkin' bout some "He need to spit over Dre's drums..." No he don't... :stoneface:
indifferent.gif

here Once Was A Boy That Lived On The South Side Of Chicago Liked His Hat To The Right Side.​

i wasnt saying to him
i was saying to you CL when you were sayin gin the previous post how about you wanted to judge and listne to jimmyboi
im just being honest
thot dudes movie quality was poop
on that master p im bout it type @#%$

mkim1120,

if i misunderstood you, then it's my bad.

i just can't stand two-faced peeps.

and if you forgot, there was more than one Asian dude in that gay movie, Cake-------which was pretty gay. lol

as for k-town showing some interest in that Jimmy Boi kid....i'll leave it to him to speak on his driving forces behind that. but i think he's just trying to show some love for another Asian, who he did already say.......sounds like he has some talent.

in an ideal world, only 'true' dudes should be signed + in the biz, but everyone knows there's tons of peeps in the industry (R&B, bubblegum, Hip-Hop, etc) getting paid w/just marginal talent, image (pretty face or thug image) and other gimmicks.

Music is music......but bu$ine$$ is bu$ine$$ too, and the business end usually takes precedent.

There's nothing wrong w/trying to help one of your own get on the map though. Other people all over the music+entertainment biz take care of their respective fams too.

true story
yeah two asian dudes in the movie and the fat black dude
anyways...
ey but seriously
rich white suburban kids dont want to be asian
rich white suburban kids are the number one consumer
not to talk down im asian also, and im from houston also
but hell, when jin came out i was diggin dude cuz he spit some @#%$
when i hear jimmyboi its the new paul wall
yall cats who aint been in the screwed up @#%$ dont know about how paul wall used to do them boys nasty when him and chamillionaire were 18 and first started doing freestyle on swishahouse back in 00

go d/l Paul Wall-I is, freestyle to that Eminem-The way i am..
that @#%$ is SERIOUS

anwyays yep

I wanted to back Jin when he came out for the simple reason that he was asian and he was spittin. but I don't know @#%$ about freestyle anymore, I'm all about paystyle.
I cannot stand Eminem, he's made some good songs, but I can't say 1. that I've bumped his music really in my car or 2. his music moved crowds at the clubs. it didn't. real talk.

I ain't a nelly fan, but the girls dig it and he'll make some catchy snap music tunes. how old are most of you guys? shoemasta, eric, are you even 18 yet? I've seen Jesse Jackson run out on a $2,000 dinner tab and $400 dinner tab while I was there. Jimmy Boi ain't any better or worse, I see celebs and ghetto celebs do dumb things all the time, I ain't defending him, did he get beat up in the parking lot? if he did, then he deserved it.

you guys seem to forget that talent don't always sell. if that was the case, why ain't KRS 20x platinum? did any of you remember a group called TLC? there were a ton of girls who look better then them, and could actually sing. I'm talkin on a business perspective.
Dre could make anyone really go platinum IF HE PUSHED THEM. real talk, I've had this discussioin with Dre before. HITT woulda went and so woulda Truth Hurts, but Dre ain't push it, he instead used them as tax writeoffs as he was about to with THE GAME.

this kid got a look and a sound. that's it. do any of y'all actually know what A&R means?
it stands for Artist and Repertoire. some artists need to be molded, some need songs written for them, some are just good as is (i.e. nora jones, tupac, sade, michael) those few artists who don't need the labels to groom them are rare and find their own way.
some of these rappers/singers dont even leave the house without their stylist tellin them what to wear.

anyways, I didn't say this dude was the nicest MC out. I said he's real marketable.
have I been wrong before? yeh a few times in my professional career. some of those artists are still tryin. (i.e. Ras Kass)
I'm done with any battle backpack rapper, that day is done. I'm lookin for a marketable guy/girl who can spit. spit don't mean you have 1,000 metaphors and are ill, I mean it in the truest way, if you can spit out a sentence and sound right but ain't sayin too much, you'd be suprised how far that could get you.
last backpack or so called underground record that was even felt or bumped in my ride was Hi Tek and Talib's CD and now look, Hi Tek got outta that rawkus situation and jumped on the A Team. even Pharoah Monch was callin all day to get down with Dre. he just wanted to sell bad. and Pharoah was an artist on my roster for a while under Organized Konfusion. but who is my dream MC? give me another Big L over west coast beats. game over.

mkim1120,
son, you sound crazy. CAKE was based upon a true story. 85% of everything of that entire film actually went down in real life. we made that flick for $100,000 SAG experimental in the can. (that means final cut, edited, actors, everything) that is almost impossible to do these days. we even had a 2nd unit crew for our guerilla shoots.
we couldn't fly because 9/11 happened in our 3 week of shooting.
it took us 3 years to sell the film, Xenon pictures picked it up for just under $400,000.
gay? you do better and then talk. we just signed a deal before the winter holiday with On Demand and Cinemax for another 6 figures. we might make a part II which will be completely freestyle and totally fiction.
but at the end of the day, you rented it. so thanks you paid for some of my toys I own.

now Idid4thelove, the situation I was talkin bout was the ring Nas bought Kelis. I know Nas, i know Kelis, I don't know jacob. he bought a ring that was $85,000, it was worth $10k

another situation, my boy Fred Durst bought a pinky ring for like $50k from jacob, same story, the ring was at most worth like $10k so he went in there and raised hell and got his money back. but I seen Omarion personally swipe his card in there for over $100k.
yeh a lotta guys front these days. sadly your boy from B2K is doin it.

so what else?
oh yeh, back to Jin, that first single "talk chinese"? was the kiss of death pun intended (yes jada)
yes, he's nice, but he aint got that look, his marketing and artist development, etc, wasnt there. they tried, they swung, they missed and the bat flew into the outfield.

mkim1120, rich white kids are not the number one consumer actually. not for urban music. trust me, this was my livelihood for many years, almost a decade professionally
and even longer sorta, because I still keep up with stats and soundscans.

yung calog, the hardest thing in the world in this business is getting your music heard, Jimmy Boi did it, no matter what, people know him and there are people who are talkin bout him. I don't listen to unsolicited music, neither does anyone really in the business. when Shine was tryin to get put on, he saw dame dash on the street and said, if i'm not the illest mc you ever heard, have one of your bodyguards snuff me. he spit, dame thought he was alright, he ended up gettin a deal anyways. but that's just one story. when I was at aftermath within the first month, i got a trash can I mean like industrial size trash can 50 gallon size filled with demos. I didn't even listen to one of them I woulda never got my work done if I did.
moral of this story is, I dont now how dude got his music out there, mainly independent whether his parents funded it, he got street cred now and he's tied with people who are very desirable in the business now which makes him valuable to people who sign checks.
whether you think he's garbage, I'm sure there are tons of guys you think are @#%$ mc's. but my question is can the music sell? will it move the girls on the dancefloor? will it pop the speakers in your car/trunk. I'mma go with what I know.
Game followed the formula and all the hip hop protocol and did it, he was signed to aftermath for 2 years before his album even dropped.

you gotta find someone to listen to your music. who that is? i have no clue, sometimes you gotta make it happen on your own. like master P and slim did and many others.

peace mang.
show me some ice from actors, not rappers.

Back
Top Bottom