OFFICIAL JEWELRY THREAD - 56k

Quote:
sometimes clasps break, but those are usually the flimsy, "S" or pretzel clasps that you pull apart and squeeze back together. the heavy bracelets & chains use safety clasps w/snap lock deployments buckles+squeeze pins like on better watches. Those things ain't breaking by themselves or even when yanked. I tried my boy's 2 FAT a$# chains on before and i could barely get them off because the clasps were so tight....bunch of other homeys never had theirs fail either. some lost a few pieces tho, incl one dumba$# that left his 24k bracelet in a hotel room on one of our Reno trips. we were 1/2 way down the 80 before he realized it.....$10k++ down the drain (and that was waay back in the day, so prolly double the hit nowadays)

Any interesting pieces?plz post if there is.
we really dont know
Youngsta's have king kong on they back before they grow old and my turf, the street is so cold
Put this on this Choppa that I hold, F wit my kin folk and we'll be taggin your toe[/b]​

I've never liked the 24k pieces although like CLsmooth said alot of Asians wear them and the pieces are usually more symbolic. We got some 22k stuff at my shop since the owner is pakistan. Crazy @#%$ pieces with all kinds of colored stones on them. We got some bracelets that will take up your whole arm filled with all kinds of gemstones. Whenever there is a wedding or a special event they drape the person being honored in head to toe with 22k gemstone jewelery. I swear they look like kings and queens. The gold is alot softer but the items are generally so huge that it doesn't matter. Even the tiny 22k chains hold up for years. Personally though I don't like the way 22k or 24k gold looks. 14k looks much better in my opinion and I've even seen some 10k that looks better.

Quote:
those braclets gotta be around 100 thou plus...

I doubt that. You can find crazy @#%$ bracelets like that for half the price easy.

:wow:
eek.gif

"..find me on break by a 'No Smoking' sign with a blunt in my mouth.."

"I remember one time I was so blazed I stopped at a stop sign and waited for it to turn green." - anonymous NT'er

Philippines
Member No. 90[/center]

Quote:
Any interesting pieces?plz post if there is.

sorry, man, most of my homeys w/the serious 24k aren't into snapping pics of them or their stuff and flashing them on the net. heck, i think the majority them probably don't even know how to use it real good except for email+playing MJ (mah jong, the game, not Mike)

really though, no one I know have anything real crazy design-wise like all this celeb ice+jewelry. Asian guy jewelry is just basically fatty 24k flat chains+bracelets, and gold rings w/some Kanji+Chinese characters. Occasionally you get some dudes rocking some green jade+24k rings or a pendant, but most of the stuff is kinda gawdy. That's actually the look they go for though. A lot of hardcore Asians, especially Chinese+Vietnamese cats like gawdy things....gold jewelry+cars+dayglow color houses, etc. A lot of it is cultural+symbolic (like Sneakercook mentioned), but that's a whole different story for another time+thread.

while Asian 24k for dudes is generally kinda bland in design, the ladies joints are usually pretty fly. They got a lot of intricate bracelets w/engraving, reliefs?? or embossing?? (the stuff where designs are pressed out+raised), and a lot of pretty bracelets+chains made of small, linked together pieces (coins w/animals+zodiac characters, flower petals, letters+numerals (Asian or Anglo)......you name it+think it, someone can do it for the right price. Asian 24k is expensive as hell just because of the purity, but you also pay a grip for labor, especially on the real intricate+detailed stuff.

Now i really wish i had some pics to show cuz i think this thread could really go on another run because a lot of y'all even non-Asians would be able to appreciate the uniqueness & craftsmanship of some 24k jewelry. I'm kinda contradicting myself by saying I usually think most 24k is gawdy+ugly, but the ladies stuff is real sweet.....still gawdy as hell looking, but the designs are tight. I'm about to hit the sack but maybe i'll try to hunt some down eventually or get someone I know to take some pics. I'd put an open call out to some of the Asians on here, but I doubt anyone would come out w/any. Most younger Asians nowadays are pretty low pro about flashing their @#%$...the Americanized ones anyways.

dang, i talked up a storm. my bad......this is just something i can get and talk about a bit since my fam don't really do the celeb ice type joints.

lol dats actually not bad, i see the effort put into it. but damn ninjas GOTTA change his image, cause after that "whos fly" video with the fake Jordan collection he already lost his street credibility.

here's a piece we just finished today for a customer
SPONGEBOB1.jpg

SPONGEBOB2.jpg

this thing is real heavy. almost 20 carats total diamond weight and the clarity is VS1
this spongebob piece is very serious.

DJ Homicide, DJ AM, DJ Ben Baller = A M C
Dyrt clothing coming soon worldwide!
www.solerebelfoundation.com

Quote:
Asian guy jewelry is just basically fatty 24k flat chains+bracelets, and gold rings w/some Kanji+Chinese characters. Occasionally you get some dudes rocking some green jade+24k rings or a pendant, but most of the stuff is kinda gawdy. That's actually the look they go for though. A lot of hardcore Asians, especially Chinese+Vietnamese cats like gawdy things....gold jewelry+cars+dayglow color houses, etc.

worrrrrd...
[/center]

jae oh CHEN

if you still on, check yo email. IT'S IMPORTANT...SERIOUSLY.

it ain't about what you think either.

Quote:
Not gonna happen. Nobody's craftmanship is better than Jacob's (or Jacob's jeweler lol)

pause- i said outshine, meaning ice....i cant comment on eithiers craftmanship >D
grin.gif

I just think it's sick that it can actually stand up when placed on a table.

Look how top heavy that thing is, must have been a struggle to get that right
Gentry is doing fine.......
Cliffnotes: Buy/Sell Forum Rules​
1. Only 10 items, and only two of any of the same.2. ALL ITEMS MUST BE PICTURED. So no selling things you don't have yet. THAT INCLUDES REPLIES TO WANTED ADDS, seriously everything needs a picture.3. All Items must have asking price, no waiting for offers.4. Links to online auctions are not allowed, no more links to your ebay auction.

talk about being corny....people'll put stones on anything nowadays
"Cuz you know how some girls envy, cuz your ring shines like it was dipped in petroleum jelly....~~The great, infamous J-Rooga

Quote:
somebody tryna outshine Nigos spongebob piece?

:stoneface:
indifferent.gif
Nigos piece is full color and looks 100x better because of that, Nigo is shutting future jewelry down with his current pieces :lol:
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom