Official Jordan XI Thread

What jerseys could you match with todays anniversaries?
I Low University Blue Black (1 Year)
1640011690329.jpeg

I Mid Iridescent Reflective White (W) (2 Years)
1640011830107.jpeg

XXXIV CNY (2 Years)
1640011749065.jpeg

I Mid Triple Black Patent (W) (3 Years)
1640011560486.jpeg

I Mid Blake Griffin PE (7 Years)
1640011505738.jpeg

I Mid Chris Paul PE (7 Years)
1640011446096.jpeg

I Mid Melo PE (7 Years)
1640011353379.jpeg

XI Columbia (Retro) (7 Years)
1640011249093.jpeg

I Mid Bred (8 Years)
1640011210464.jpeg

XI/XII CDP (13 Years)
1640011181254.jpeg
What's the anniversary of the day you made your first one of these anniversary posts? That's what I want to know.

I have owned every OG colorway from the (95-96) OGs to current and these particular releases are my favorite so far, besides the Cool Grey's...I don't know why they aren't sitting right with me.
20211216_143839.jpg
20211216_143325.jpg

Because they made those after the 2001's. They tried to make the rest after the 90s OGs (2016+). Your Black/Red is nice btw but those might be the worst of the SJ, Concord, Playoff trio. A lot of pairs look like the one posted above with a weird low looking cut. CG's shape is literally all over the place but the comfort seems better than 2019 Playoffs (and similar to Concords).

I low key search for better Playoff pairs to swap out every so often.. only bc that was the shoe that started it for me and my pair is meh.

And NONE of these have the proper sole, specifically on the medial side.

Because they made those after the 2001's. They tried to make the rest after the 90s OGs (2016+). Your Black/Red is nice btw but those might be the worst of the SJ, Concord, Playoff trio. A lot of pairs look like the one posted above with a weird low looking cut. CG's shape is literally all over the place but the comfort seems better than 2019 Playoffs (and similar to Concords).

I low key search for better Playoff pairs to swap out every so often.. only bc that was the shoe that started it for me and my pair is meh.

Only Concords and Space Jams (actually 95 Playoffs PE) that matter to me have 45 on them when MJ came back and I saw them the first time. I have had 6 pairs with 23 so I am over it. 45 is purely for nostalgia so that's why I say these are my favorite out of all of them. As for the Blk/Red 11s, depending on what factory you got in 95, your pairs were different, those were all over the place too. Some had patent like the 2012s, and a weird bubble shape toe.

But I really do hate how Nike can't seem to get the mold dialed in, they should not be differences with the same shoe, same release. That happens with their clothes and jerseys too.

Facts.. they had some variating differences back then and not just for XI's.. but that was just chance. Making a statement that you are re-releasing them in remastered form after getting anorexic XI's sends the message that ALL pairs of remastered XI's willl be held to a certain degree.

So I can't accept differences today as the norm unless you want to say that JB chooses to focus on the varied factory effect in 94-96 as the attributing remastered detail. Then who cares about cut.. you get what you get and if they are low.. well that's just as OG as it gets since they were varied to that degree in 95/96.. but that's crazy to me :lol:

My point is there is a reason your eyes don't agree with the CG's as much and that is reflected in the others as well in their own way.. they will always have mass produced fluctuations. Concords came out the best of all the pairs remastered IMO.

Facts.. they had some variating differences back then and not just for XI's.. but that was just chance. Making a statement that you are re-releasing them in remastered form after getting anorexic XI's sends the message that ALL pairs of remastered XI's willl be held to a certain degree.

So I can't accept differences today as the norm unless you want to say that JB chooses to focus on the varied factory effect in 94-96 as the attributing remastered detail. Then who cares about cut.. you get what you get and if they are low.. well that's just as OG as it gets since they were varied to that degree in 95/96.. but that's crazy to me :lol:

My point is there is a reason your eyes don't agree with the CG's as much and that is reflected in the others as well in their own way.. they will always have mass produced fluctuations. Concords came out the best of all the pairs remastered IMO.

Quality wise, my Cool Grey's are solid, way better than my Blk/Reds actually. I just never really liked them, ever. None of the releases. I can't explain why, they just look weird to me. Maybe if the patent grey and nubuck grey matched...idk. but I know forsure the blue sole looks stupid on these, should be grey or perfectly clear if anything.

Last edited:

As far as I can see, these CGs are the exact same general specs/mold as the Concords and Playoffs (other than the overly thin patent). SJs definitely worst of the new XI retros, though. It was like Nike/JB was experimenting with what to do with XIs when that release came along. The lack of padding in the upper drives me NUTS. They're also oddly narrow through the back half of the shoe. JB needs to redo them again.
Interested in what you mean about the medial side of the sole. You mean the outsole and how it doesn't seem to jut out as much as the OGs?

Last edited:
Only Concords and Space Jams (actually 95 Playoffs PE) that matter to me have 45 on them when MJ came back and I saw them the first time. I have had 6 pairs with 23 so I am over it. 45 is purely for nostalgia so that's why I say these are my favorite out of all of them. As for the Blk/Red 11s, depending on what factory you got in 95, your pairs were different, those were all over the place too. Some had patent like the 2012s, and a weird bubble shape toe.

But I really do hate how Nike can't seem to get the mold dialed in, they should not be differences with the same shoe, same release. That happens with their clothes and jerseys too.
I agree that the quality from 2001 to 2015 were atrocious especially the embroidery and thin out materials and hollow feel on them. But the low cut on them was fine with me. I'm still debating with either getting the concord 45s, cap and gown and jubilees. But I'm leaning more towards the jubilees because of the insole. I still love the classic concord look but hated the qc inconsistency and the 45 logo. I prefer the stitched 23 at the back of the cap and gowns but the shoes are dust magnets.

Quality wise, my Cool Grey's are solid, way better than my Blk/Reds actually. I just never really liked them, ever. None of the releases. I can't explain why, they just look weird to me. Maybe if the patent grey and nubuck grey matched...idk. but I know forsure the blue sole looks stupid on these, should be grey or perfectly clear if anything.

OMG the blue sole bro.. it def looks super stupid and just reminds me of 2010 over and over again :lol: .. The only saving grace there and why I haven't been wilding about it is that super blue soles tend to balance out when they start yellowing and THAT'S when they start looking like they should.

You mean the outsole and how it doesn't seem to jut out as much as the OGs?

Bingo.. I knew you'd know :lol: I think we actually talked about it in the Playoff thread because Nightwing mentioned it in his review before I got a chance to do one at the time and I believe I posted it there. When you look down and you are wearing them, it drives me CRAZZZYY.. it messes with the shape as well.

I also think CG's are same specs as the Concord, Playoff, and SJ's but I swear they're like a mix of OG and 2001's. (could just be getting used to the new shape) They even mentioned how they feel lower (like a Miid 1 vs an OG High) in the CG thread.

In early 1996 a few kids were playing ball daily in the Concords. They were wearing no-show socks and my friend and I both thought their Concords were lowtops.

The Concords weren't anything new by then because I had had mine for months and other kids did too, so it wasn't the novelty effect.

Bingo.. I knew you'd know :lol: I think we actually talked about it in the Playoff thread because Nightwing mentioned it in his review before I got a chance to do one at the time and I believe I posted it there. When you look down and you are wearing them, it drives me CRAZZZYY.. it messes with the shape as well.

I also think CG's are same specs as the Concord, Playoff, and SJ's but I swear they're like a mix of OG and 2001's. (could just be getting used to the new shape) They even mentioned how they feel lower (like a Miid 1 vs an OG High) in the CG thread.
Haha, yeah, I've noticed that for along time now. I'd love to be able to hold an OG outsole side by side with these retro outsoles and see how different it really is. This tooling definitely affects the shape of the shoe, the toe box especially.
I'll have to pull out my Concords later tonight and put them side by side with the CG's to really see if there are any noticeable differences in terms of height, etc. I will say, even without wearing my CGs yet, the midsole foam definitely feels softer out of the box than any recent XI I can remember. The foam on the new IEs is like rock hard in comparison. It makes no damn sense why the midsoles should vary from XI to XI, mid, low or IE. Nike baffles me.
PS: Re: the blue sole. It is kinda stupid and weird, but like you said, I don't really mind it because it means the soles will last a long time before really becoming yellow. Once the blue begins to fade, that's the money period in terms of how the soles look.

rainking rainking OD!! I agree about the midsole too.. didn't try on my IE's like that enough to remember but I also saw you guys mention it in the thread. But the CGs are def waaaay better comfort wise. I always say Concords did it before these joints.

I think Nightwing had an OG to compare it to but can't remember. I tried looking up his but I'm under the weather so my research motivation is meh right now lol.

rainking rainking OD!! I agree about the midsole too.. didn't try on my IE's like that enough to remember but I also saw you guys mention it in the thread. But the CGs are def waaaay better comfort wise. I always say Concords did it before these joints.

I think Nightwing had an OG to compare it to but can't remember. I tried looking up his but I'm under the weather so my research motivation is meh right now lol.
Ya I remember Nightwing pointing it out as well. Don’t remember which video though, either. But you can definitely can see it on your feet if you know how it looked when wearing the OGs.

Haha, yeah, I've noticed that for along time now. I'd love to be able to hold an OG outsole side by side with these retro outsoles and see how different it really is. This tooling definitely affects the shape of the shoe, the toe box especially.
I'll have to pull out my Concords later tonight and put them side by side with the CG's to really see if there are any noticeable differences in terms of height, etc. I will say, even without wearing my CGs yet, the midsole foam definitely feels softer out of the box than any recent XI I can remember. The foam on the new IEs is like rock hard in comparison. It makes no damn sense why the midsoles should vary from XI to XI, mid, low or IE. Nike baffles me.
PS: Re: the blue sole. It is kinda stupid and weird, but like you said, I don't really mind it because it means the soles will last a long time before really becoming yellow. Once the blue begins to fade, that's the money period in terms of how the soles look.
the OG 11s I believe were still using Polyurethane foam during that time. they feel quite denser but feel softer or comfortable compared to what is now know as phylon which is now used on the current 11s. while the phylon seems lighter, they felt hollow and didn't have the bouncy firm feel.

the OG 11s I believe were still using Polyurethane foam during that time. they feel quite denser but feel softer or comfortable compared to what is now know as phylon which is now used on the current 11s. while the phylon seems lighter, they felt hollow and didn't have the bouncy firm feel.
We weren’t talking about the midsoles there, we were talking about the rubber outsoles. The outsoles seem to have a different overall proportion compared to the OGs.

We weren’t talking about the midsoles there, we were talking about the rubber outsoles. The outsoles seem to have a different overall proportion compared to the OGs.
if my memory seems to recall, they were a lot narrower and proportional.

if my memory seems to recall, they were a lot narrower and proportional.
It’s kinda hard to describe. Either the medial side of the forefoot was actually further out (wider) or the toe boxes being narrower made it seem that way to the eye. You could see more of the forefoot medial rubber “outrigger” jutting out to the side when you looked down at the shoe on your foot.

Nope, ogs were phylon as well. Pretty sure they stopped using polyurethane on either the 9’s or 10’s.

I like the blue sole on these CG’s, goes nicely with the grey imo.

What's the anniversary of the day you made your first one of these anniversary posts? That's what I want to know.
I could be wrong but I think it’s Oct 29, 2020. Do you like todays anniversaries better than yesterday?

IV Winterized Loyal Blue (2 Years)
1640122863040.jpeg

XIII Altitude (Retro) (4 Years)
1640122971796.jpeg

I High Premier Laser (8 Years)
1640122936309.jpeg

XI Gamma Blue (8 Years)
1640123027042.jpeg

XI Playoff (Retro) (9 Years)
1640123082683.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom