Official Jordan XI Thread

After further review, midsoles are good to go. They are a half size bigger than my TTS. I’m checking the Sneaker Maintenance thread for reliable restoration services now. A shame what they took away in the new version.
F0EA60D6-F1F2-4DCA-95E1-717476BCCC0D.jpeg
Natural light brings the colors out more & the fat, squishy rope laces are accommodating

About to give it a leather treatment & cleaning.

I feel like a kid again, guys ☺.

I memba stuntin on the whole school when I was getting releases a week early. Bagged a lil shorty on the courts wearing these too.

I’m so ready for these. We need some leaked photos or something. The wait for these is hard. Need in the collection x2. Hope JB doesn’t screw this up.
C2D294B5-3E7F-4F8A-91E8-FF63529BA8C5.png
A5B3DC97-4B18-447E-9871-364190788A62.png

Somehow this is my favorite 11, but I tell myself that’s blasphemy because of the mids, patent, etc. I love mids though.

Love XIs but no lows have been worth a crap (to me) since the 2000-2001 releases. Mids fell off after the DMP for me as well. I like this thread too!
96DEB00E-D61E-488A-A837-7A3173BBF8D4.jpeg

I like this photo of your display with all the things of bygone era cartoons and movies too!

But I'm going to respectfully disagree with a couple things with you.

There were 2 lows that were great after 2001, I'm talking about the Concord XI low from 2014 and the Georgetown XI low from 2015, which I still have. But I feel they saturated the market with too many lows with bland colorways.

I'm glad I never tried to get the DMP thing in 2006 because it was too much work. I agree the XI mid fell off after 2006 because every release was piss poor quality and bootleg looking with the poorly cut patent leather. All the XI mid from 2008 to 2015 looked they all came from a swap meet. But the mid had a resurgence in 2016 that continues to this day hopefully.

The 2016 Space Jam XI got me back into the XI mid. And I only got the Concord XI from 2018 and black/red XI from 2019 ever since because I bypassed the rest of the other ones.

I agree the XI mid fell off after 2006 because every release was piss poor quality and bootleg looking with the poorly cut patent leather.
Not after 2006, starting with 2006. Most people don’t admit this because they worship the DMP, but they are garbage compared to the 00-01 XIs and fall in the same bucket with the 08-15 XIs, backwards Jumpman and all.

Not after 2006, starting with 2006. Most people don’t admit this because they worship the DMP, but they are garbage compared to the 00-01 XIs and fall in the same bucket with the 08-15 XIs, backwards Jumpman and all.

Thanks for clarifying that. I never touched a pair of DMP XI up to this point in my life! So I wasn't able to make a legitimate assessment on them based on that.

I agree people did worship the DMP gimmick on a somewhat exorbitant basis. I just couldn't ever get into them, especially with the work involved to get them in 2006. Now that you clarified the XI from that pack were bad, I'm more thankful I never prioritized them.

At least I'm glad we can agree on the XI being bad from 2008 to 2015 since I did pay attention to them.

Perhaps I'll get flak or at least disagreement about what I thought of the DMP XI when it came out in 2006, I don't care though.

I wasn't impressed with them back then despite people somewhat overvaluing that pack. They looked like a knockoff Concord XI to me with copper gold in place of the purple parts that were on the original Concord XI. I was never aware of the backwards Jumpman logo until AIR J XIII AIR J XIII expounded on it. Perhaps they also had that bootleg looking low patent leather cut that plagued the XI released from 2008 to 2015 as well since nobody has clarified it yet.

I've reiterated the exorbitant work involved with the 2006 release deterred me from wanting them, it was also the optics of those shoes as well.

But y'all already know the re-release will draw people easily. I'm quite sure there are a lot of peeps who would like for them to re-release despite what I felt about them. It's pretty much a formality with Jordan Brand rehashing prior releases since they're highly profitable with keeping them afloat.

Perhaps I'll get flak or at least disagreement about what I thought of the DMP XI when it came out in 2006, I don't care though.

I wasn't impressed with them back then despite people somewhat overvaluing that pack. They looked like a knockoff Concord XI to me with copper gold in place of the purple parts that were on the original Concord XI. I was never aware of the backwards Jumpman logo until AIR J XIII AIR J XIII expounded on it. Perhaps they also had that bootleg looking low patent leather cut that plagued the XI released from 2008 to 2015 as well since nobody has clarified it yet.

I've reiterated the exorbitant work involved with the 2006 release deterred me from wanting them, it was also the optics of those shoes as well.

But y'all already know the re-release will draw people easily. I'm quite sure there are a lot of peeps who would like for them to re-release despite what I felt about them. It's pretty much a formality with Jordan Brand rehashing prior releases since they're highly profitable with keeping them afloat.
The Gold was nice on the DMP. It wasn't copper-looking but it did peel.

The 2000 11s had a different shape than The OG. The shape was a little rounded overall and the patent leather was lower too. Some of them also had soles that came pre-yellowed out of the box.

The way they're doing 11s now is the best.

The Gold was nice on the DMP. It wasn't copper-looking but it did peel.

The 2000 11s had a different shape than The OG. The shape was a little rounded overall and the patent leather was lower too. Some of them also had soles that came pre-yellowed out of the box.

The way they're doing 11s now is the best.

It's like I've been continuously provided more reasons that it was a good thing I didn't go for the DMP XI back in 2006. 😆

Then that's a good thing I passed on the 2000 Concord XI. I wasn't into the Concord XI back then believe it or not! At least I ended up liking them several years after they originally came out in 1995. I'm certainly glad I passed on the 2011 Concord XI as I've reiterated since that one was an absolute piece of 💩 that fools acted stupid to get that December. 🙄

I'll always be happy I got the 2018 Concord XI with the #45 on the back since it's how they were out initially when Michael Jordan wore them during the 1995 NBA Playoffs. That's a good one for the purists who have an affinity technical aspects or specifics like that.

I'm glad you clarified the XI has been done right because I've been feeling that way about them since 2016. The ones that came out from 2008 to 2015 had some swap meet special looking colorways in between the rehashes of original colorways during that time frame in addition to the piss poor execution of the shape and cut.

198D0EFC-0C1C-42D5-B5F8-8F9910131A78.jpeg

11’s, my favorite Jordan. Can’t tell you how many pairs of Concords and Cobalt IE Lows I had. Those are my 2 favorite 11’s but these right here!! The Playoffs??!! My 2nd Favorite. The OG’s just touched down today. Couldn’t believe I found a crispy pair for a great price. Was gonna get rid of my 01’s but nah. Them things are classics……

Back
Top Bottom