Official Jurassic World Thread | Jurassic World: Dominion 6/10/22

If the premise of the movie is JUST about rescuing the dinosaurs then this will be massively disappointing

I would like to believe there will be other underlying themes though

Sidenote: Bryce looking damn good

Move the dinos to the other island

Hell no...

JP - Build an amusement park with real dinosaurs...Disaster ensues...

LW - Trick a original character into going to a dinosaur inhabited island...Turns into disaster...

JP3 - Trick a original character into going to a dinosaur inhabited island...Disaster everywhere...

JW - Build an amusement park with real dinosaurs...Guess what.............Disaster...

FK - Looks an awful lot like thick body is trying to talk ol’boy Owen into GOING BACK TO A DAMN ISLAND OF DINOSAURS! Which results in total disaster...

Every single movie is the humans of the whole JP reality putting themselves on these islands where they have to realize that bad things will happen...Like these people are just lining up to go to these islands and get totally slaughtered by dinosaurs after having this same nonsense happen several times prior...At what point do the people in the reality being portrayed, just say nope miss us with that mess?

The filmakers here sat around and brainstormed ways to get people back on these islands with the dinosaurs...Would it have been all that hard to brainstorm ways to get the dinosaurs off the island instead...For once it would’ve been nice to see the humans of this world having to get themselves out of a chaos scenario they didn’t themselves willing walk into...

Look at these movies like Friday The 13th movies. Why do people keep going to Camp Crystal Lake?

These are monster/slasher movies with dinosaurs. Now they are adding a disaster movie element so the dinosaurs and the environment are both threats.

The magic from the first film can not be reproduced.

Nothing will ever top the first or even be on the same level. Just like the Jaws sequels couldn't top or match the original.

Looks good to me. We always ask trailers to not give away too much. They did just that.

I loved the last one and this one looks good.

:rolleyes At the people making this movie...

I know suspension of disbelief and what not...............

The people of this world are obviously very intelligent and technologically advanced yes? They can clone dinosaurs right so they have to be...They’ve made mistakes sure (Mostly the same ones over, and over, and over etc...), but nobody stopped to think that building amusement parks ON A VOLCANO was a bad idea? :lol:

This movie franchise is dead to me...

yall need to relax, trailers doesn't always show you what the movies plot is going to be which is good but here's the synopsis for the film

It’s been four years since theme park and luxury resort Jurassic World was destroyed by dinosaurs out of containment. Isla Nublar now sits abandoned by humans while the surviving dinosaurs fend for themselves in the jungles.

When the island’s dormant volcano begins roaring to life, Owen (Chris Pratt) and Claire (Bryce Dallas Howard) mount a campaign to rescue the remaining dinosaurs from this extinction-level event. Owen is driven to find Blue, his lead raptor who’s still missing in the wild, and Claire has grown a respect for these creatures she now makes her mission. Arriving on the unstable island as lava begins raining down, their expedition uncovers a conspiracy that could return our entire planet to a perilous order not seen since prehistoric times.

With all of the wonder, adventure and thrills synonymous with one of the most popular and successful series in cinema history, this all-new motion-picture event sees the return of favorite characters and dinosaurs—along with new breeds more awe-inspiring and terrifying than ever before. Welcome to Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom.

Is Jeff Goldblum's character fighting against the dinosaurs? I wasn't exactly sure the point he was making in the trailer.

Then again, the trailer was so disjointed and confusing to begin with.

Looks good to me. We always ask trailers to not give away too much. They did just that.

I loved the last one and this one looks good.
You're assuming there's more to the trailer. But what if, what you're seeing is what you're getting?

The people of this world are obviously very intelligent and technologically advanced yes? They can clone dinosaurs right so they have to be...They’ve made mistakes sure (Mostly the same ones over, and over, and over etc...), but nobody stopped to think that building amusement parks ON A VOLCANO was a bad idea? :lol:

To be fair, the original book addresses volcanic activity on Isla Nublar, and islands are often formed by volcanoes, so it's not a tremendous leap to think there could be potential for a major event. The problem is, none of this is mentioned in either of the movies that take place there, so to have a volcanic eruption be the crux of an entire movie makes no sense without some foreshadowing.

Ultimately, it appears the most serious fatal flaw of the island is that they built it on an active volcano.

You're assuming there's more to the trailer. But what if, what you're seeing is what you're getting?

you're also making an assumption that what they showed is all of the film

but its not "what you is what you get" though, read the synopsis

you're also making an assumption that what they showed is all of the film

but its not "what you is what you get" though, read the synopsis
More ppl watch the trailers then read the synopsis. If they was trying to be sneaky about it, the execution was terrible

eh, you just wanted too much from it

one of the best part of the Dawn of the Planet of the Apes is that the trailer showed nothing of what the movie actually was

they aren't trying to be sneaky, they just don't want to show you the twist of the film

Is Jeff Goldblum's character fighting against the dinosaurs? I wasn't exactly sure the point he was making in the trailer.

Then again, the trailer was so disjointed and confusing to begin with.

IMO not necessarily against them just that we need to be careful.

eh, you just wanted too much from it

one of the best part of the Dawn of the Planet of the Apes is that the trailer showed nothing of what the movie actually was

they aren't trying to be sneaky, they just don't want to show you the twist of the film
Beauty of the Planet of the Apes trailers was even if they didn't show you anything, it still felt fresh and gives you the anticipation of the unknown

This JW trailer is uninspired and a rehash of things we've seen before : people coming to an island, and needing to escape it...no mention of the new mutant dinosaurs...literally the only thing new is the volcano erupting and if that's the climax, the movie is going to suck

Again the execution was terrible. If there's something more, you got to hint that there's something more at least

Beauty of the Planet of the Apes trailers was even if they didn't show you anything, it still felt fresh and gives you the anticipation of the unknown

This JW trailer is uninspired and a rehash of things we've seen before : people coming to an island, and needing to escape it...no mention of the new mutant dinosaurs...literally the only thing new is the volcano erupting and if that's the climax, the movie is going to suck

Again the execution was terrible. If there's something more, you got to hint that there's something more at least

You understand that this is the first trailer right? There'll be another two more at the minimum. With there being a revenue stream from trailer views, it's simply not in a studio's best interests to be one and done with trailers.

It's a sci-fi fantasy my man. No different from the plethora of CBMs that are being churned out. Just gotta enjoy them for what they are.

Jurassic Park is one of the rare franchises where I go in not knowing a damn thing, unlike CMB/SW, and I always enjoy them. This looks to be no different.

On that note, I still need a "Blue" Raptor statue for the crib. I don't have the space for the 1:5 sized T-Rex:lol:

You understand that this is the first trailer right? There'll be another two more at the minimum. With there being a revenue stream from trailer views, it's simply not in a studio's best interests to be one and done with trailers.
There are loads of first trailers off the top of my head that are better than this

Again, I understand the concept of not blowing your load on the first trailer but the execution was poor

There's a difference between fans going 'Looks good, can't wait to see more' and fans going 'It seems like we saw this movie already'

I think what would've helped the trailer was a 1 second teaser added on in the end of something new (the erupting volcano does not count)

Last edited:
T-Rex saving the day again :lol:

I'm still going to watch regardless though. Hopefully theres more layers to the story other than the island just exploding :lol:

Not sure if posted yet, but everything in the trailer is confirmed to be from the first half of the movie only. Per someone involved in the production...

Back
Top Bottom