OFFICIAL JUSTICE LEAGUE CASTING THREAD...

Why not think ahead? I run a popular instagram (@Epiccomicpics) in which I've casted the Justice League and thought I'd share with the NT Community. Let's see what you think. Share your opinions on characters as well! :smile: Beware 56K

1069400_163953287125249_1803280432_n.jpg

Superman: Henry Cavill

1070086_163962620457649_205214517_n.jpg

I'm starting off with an actor who will 100% portray our Man of Steel: Henry Cavill. Boy was he a great choice for Superman. I didn't like the movie Man of Steel that much (as I've made clear in some of my earlier posts) but I could not deny that Cavill's Superman looked like he'd been ripped right off of the comic book pages. I kept saying to myself throughout the movie, "Dang... that really is Superman." Shout-out to the casting director who made an excellent choice because Cavill is perfect.

Batman: Ryan Gosling
998006_164098013777443_1206044711_n.jpg

Yes folks, I chose Ryan Gosling for our Batman. Let me tell you why. First of all, he definitely has the acting chops to pull off a dark brooding character. Watch the movie DRIVE if you haven't seen it already. It really displays his ability to portray a darker personality. I know that some of you are saying really? Gosling? The guy from the Notebook and all those chick flicks? Give him a chance folks because as far as acting goes, he's top tier. As far as appearance, he can definitely be transformed to look more like Bruce Wayne as you can see in two of the pics above. When he's sporting nice suits along with the darker hair, I can definitely see Bruce. Seeing Gosling and Cavill interact on the big screen would be awesome as well. Runners up were Wes Bentley and Arnie Hammer. I didn't choose Hammer because yes I feel he can pull off the Bruce Wayne side, but Batman is a whole different persona. He has too much of a baby face for me (For Batman at least). I passed on Bentley because I can't get over the "creep" vibe. He gets type casted in these roles because he literally has that creeper look. His roles in American Beauty, Rules of Attraction, and even Blackheart in Ghost Rider just ruin it for me. Anyways, there's my Batman.

Wonder Woman: Taylor Cole

1069384_164101040443807_1555004076_n.jpg

I've decided to go with an UNKNOWN to take on Wonder Woman. Of course Kate Beckinsale and Angelina Jolie are the more popular choices but let me introduce you to Taylor Cole if you don't know her already. Standing a tall 5'9, she's guest starred in many shows such as CSI Miami, Numb3rs, and Heroes. She's also been in the movie 12 rounds. I've watched countless interviews with her and she just screams Diana to me. Just look at her! She's STUNNING, BEAUTIFUL, GORGEOUS, and whatever synonym you want to throw out there. She definitely looks the part with her defined high cheek bones and slender body. Yes we don't want to have a bulky Wonder Woman because WW doesn't NEED to look big. She pulls her strength from being an Amazonian from her home Themyscira. This was probably the hardest member to cast.

Green Lantern: Hal Jordan: Bradley Cooper

12060_164104013776843_869671052_n.jpg

Did you know that Bradley Cooper actually auditioned for Green Lantern? He made the final two but the "geniuses" at the studio went with Reynolds over him. In a way I'm GLAD they did because anyone would have failed with that trash script. Reynolds was always better suited for The Flash. NOT GREEN LANTERN. My Hal Jordan is Bradley Cooper. Such a talented actor. Some of the movies I enjoyed him a lot in are Silver Linings, Limitless, and even playing that douchebag in one of my favorite movies, Wedding Crashers. If you've read the comics you know that Hal's personality fits Bradley Cooper's persona to a T. Classy, witty, intelligent, funny, but can be as serious as anyone. Many of you are going to say why not John Stewart? It has to be Hal, sorry guys. Hal is the most popular of the human lanterns and we need all the recognition we can get when it comes to putting butts in the seats.

The Flash: Barry Allen/Wally West: Chris Pine
47392_164106323776612_1009269740_n.jpg

Who's going to play our sarcastic speedster? Chris Pine would be perfect for Wally or Barry. If you've watched the Star Trek movies you know that Pine would be able to pull off the sarcastic playful persona of a Wally West. Not to mention the baby blue eyes share a striking resemblance. Having Pine and Cooper as our Green Lantern and Flash would be down right amazing. I can see them feeding off one another. Pine being the more immature comedic effect with Cooper being the more righteous moral compass. Pine, Cooper, Gosling, and Cavill present so much eye candy for the ladies. That's who we need to target! We don't have to target this movie for the Kevin Smith's of the world because they are going to watch the movie regardless of who's casted! But SOME of the ladies will go just for the eye candy. I'm not generalizing this to all of you women because there are TONS of you who actually read the comics and avid superhero lovers.

Aquaman: Arnie Hammer

1012868_164111367109441_1469372574_n.jpg

(I made this selection before Arnie Hammer went and bashed the whole comic book/superhero movie industry.) I think Arnie Hammer is more suited to play Aquaman than Batman. He's got that long, broad shouldered, swimmers build. He has shown he can play a rich self-righteous prick (The Social Network). That is essentially what Aquaman is. He's a King, King of Atlantis. I think Hammer would make a badass Aquaman.

Martian Manhunter: Djumon Hounsou

954638_164327390421172_991934999_n.jpg

Meet my Martian Manhunter: Djimon Hounsou. Him and Idris Elba were in my top two when I was deciding who to cast. Why didn't I go with Elba? He's my John Stewart. Djimon Hounsou is a well known actor but is most remembered for his role in Gladiator with Russell Crowe. He's pretty old but doesn't look a day past 35. Why choose him? He's just a great actor who would be able to pull off the character of Jon Jones as well as VOICE the Manhunter. The Manhunter voice (in my head anyway) derives from the Justice League Animated Series. He's got that deep voice with a bit of an accent and talks pretty slowly. DJ could definitely pull this part off.

Cyborg: Michael Jai White

1069905_164328377087740_9271002_n.jpg

BONUS: Since you guys were enjoying the casting I decided to go ahead and cast Cyborg just in case they decide to go with the New 52 Justice League. I have yet to read the New 52 so I'm not sure if they want their Cyborg super young. My Cyborg choice would be Michael Jai White. Yes, the same Michael Jai White who played as Spawn awhile back. This dude is SHREDDED, not to mention his martial arts background. He totally kicks ***. Now I've always thought if they were going to re-do Mortal Kombat he would be the PERFECT Jax. But I also believe he'd make a great Cyborg.

Captain Marvel/Shazam: Brandon Molale

1001479_164342533752991_79546148_n.jpg

Captain Marvel (Shazam) is a character who has been a significant member of the Justice League. I wouldn't mind seeing him included later on in (what I hope is a trilogy/saga). This dude looks like Captain Marvel ripped right off the comic book pages; Brandon Molale. He's played in many masculine roles that require a strong dominant personality. He would be perfect for Billy Batson. I'm not even going to cast the kid version because that to me is a crapshoot.

Hawkgirl: Serinda Swan

988612_164603057060272_1306964591_n.jpg

This is Serinda Swan. She screams Shayera/Hawkgirl to me. Hawkgirl's persona is more of the kick *** first ask questions later mentality; a real alpha-woman. Serinda has that look like she can definitely pull off a dominant female role. She's been in tv series like Graceland and Breakout Kings as well as the movie Tron: Legacy. She's got the beauty and the build as well. She'd be perfect!

Hawkman: Joe Manganiello

1013928_164604323726812_1017211086_n.jpg

Meet my Hawkman, Joe Manganiello. Most of you have seen him in True Blood as it's really popular but he's also been in "Magic Mike" and "What to Expect When You're Expecting". He has the perfect build/body type for Carter Hall. He too, looks like he's been ripped off the comic pages. We all know he can act so that wouldn't be a problem at all. He just has that rugged scruffy brute look that we need our Hawkman to have. I think he'd make a perfect Carter Hall.

Harley Quinn: Zoey DeChanel

61810_164606073726637_603233380_n.jpg

Harley Quinn. Yes I know what you're thinking. She's not in the Justice League. Oh well, Zoey has been in my mind for awhile when it comes to Harley. I think her quirky personality along with really diving deep into the character of Harley could result in an amazing combination. It would be really interesting to see her take on the character. Zoey DeChannel, for those of you who don't know her, has starred in 500 Days of Summer as well as her own sitcom New Girl on Fox. Love her for Harley!

The Joker: Crispin Glover

994523_164993720354539_41218353_n.jpg

Joker. Now I know Heath Ledger's Joker will become a legendary interpretation on the character and it's well documented how much he was loved. For MY Joker, I would cast Crispin Glover. Crispin Glover is most known for his role in Back to the Future as well as the movie Willard. He is an eccentric personality who I feel would be able to enter that dark place one needs to tap into to fully become the Joker. Mark Hamill would have been my first choice but he is just too old at this point. Glover's hair is not an issue either. His hair has pretty much looked the same (that piercing part down the middle) but can be easily manipulated to emulate psychotic Joker hair. It's Hollywood people. BONUS: Why DC could have had on-screen movie magic.

1014161_164934520360459_1026548865_n.jpg
DC really dropped the ball with this one. When hearing that Ryan Reynolds was casted as Green Lantern I was literally shaking my head. Like wow... DC... He was already Wade Wilson at that point and I felt that his personality would be better used as FLASH. He's too over the top for Hal Jordan. Cooper was also in the running for Green Lantern. I was rooting for him because I knew Ryan as Flash and Cooper as GL would translate to magic on the big screen. These guys are already the best of friends OFFSCREEN. Imagine the chemistry they could have brought us as our Barry Allen and Hal Jordan on-screen who share a similar relationship. Barry and Hal are practically BFFs and missing out on the opportunity to watch Reynolds and Cooper who are real life BFFs bring that relationship to life is disappointing. Why not just cast Cooper for Flash right? Wrong... He's just not the right fit for the character and that would mean keeping Reynolds as Green Lantern and that unfortunately carries the stigma of the awful first Green Lantern film. *Sigh* Enjoy the pic of what could have been. Hope you guys enjoyed my castings!

Hope you all enjoyed the castings + reasons! Follow me on Instagram for the MOST EPIC PICTURES EVER. My Gallery is rivaled by no one. @Epiccomicpics :smile: ~GQute

Idris Elba as the Green Lantern (John Stewart) and someone other than Ryan Gosling for Batman

Idris Elba as the Green Lantern (John Stewart) and someone other than Ryan Gosling for Batman

I think the general public recognize Hal Jordan as Green Lantern. Really only the people who associate John Stewart as GL are the people who watched the Justice League Animated Series. I wouldn't mind if they switched it up though.

Crispin Glover would be SOOOOOO good as the Joker :pimp:

GOAT interview :pimp:

Vol.2

This is why Carson is the King.... So classy. Makes Letterman look like scumbag

Last edited:
Op that list is spot on except for gosling as batman. He would be the hardest to cast imho because of the balance that the actor would need to strike between light hearted businessman bruce wayne and comically voiced tough exterior batman.

Op that list is spot on except for gosling as batman. He would be the hardest to cast imho because of the balance that the actor would need to strike between light hearted businessman bruce wayne and comically voiced tough exterior batman.

Thanks yea, Batman is the hardest. If you go with someone like Scott Adkins people say he can't really act and play the part of Bruce Wayne but he has the martial arts/body part down. If you go the way of an actor (Like Gosling) people say he doesn't look the part. It's rare and damn near impossible to find the perfect Batman.

I agree with everything except for the dude who you want to cast as Aquaman. Other than that, it's perfect.

Your Hawkman could play Bruce Wayne as well.

Damn. Shazam looks perfect.

Last edited:
Macht would have to get rid of his moles. They're distracting, word to Austin Powers. I don't think he has the right look to play batman anyway.

I was coming through for Hounsou as J'onnz too :pimp: I still want to see Common as John Stewart.

I like the choice for Cooper as Hal. Too bad DC/WB ****** that up.

Love Zooey as Harley. Never even occurred to me but I think she could really pull it off.

Too me the hardest to cast is WW.

I think the general public recognize Hal Jordan as Green Lantern. Really only the people who associate John Stewart as GL are the people who watched the Justice League Animated Series. I wouldn't mind if they switched it up though.
Who is this general public? The casual movie goer doesn't know the name of any GL. I do know there's a whole generation who watched the cartoon that assume GL is a black guy though (this wasn't some little thing when ppl found out Reynolds was GL, a lot of ppl though GL was a black guy) whether or not those in that generation became hardcore comic fans or casual movie goers later on in life.

I was coming through for Hounsou as J'onnz too :pimp: I still want to see Common as John Stewart.

I like the choice for Cooper as Hal. Too bad DC/WB ****** that up.

Love Zooey as Harley. Never even occurred to me but I think she could really pull it off.

Too me the hardest to cast is WW.
Who is this general public? The casual movie goer doesn't know the name of any GL. I do know there's a whole generation who watched the cartoon that assume GL is a black guy though (this wasn't some little thing when ppl found out Reynolds was GL, a lot of ppl though GL was a black guy) whether or not those in that generation became hardcore comic fans or casual movie goers later on in life.

I guess your right in terms of the general public probably recognizing John Stewart over Hal Jordan. But Hal was there when the Justice League was originally formed.

Back
Top Bottom