Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Weatherman

• Electric Eel/Easter/Flight

• What The KD7

• Total voters
Tried these on yesterday. I like how the traction felt, not a huge fan of how the heel is higher up than the forefoot because of the air sole but they still feel good. I will say that if I was to get em they would be strictly for basketball...not feeling how they look for casual use. Also, people with anything close to wide or flat feet need to stay away from these. Think it would be quite painful.

thats isnt good to hear. I was looking forward to giving them a whirl but having a wide food made the 4s and 6s not feel to hot on my dogs.

Tried these on yesterday. I like how the traction felt, not a huge fan of how the heel is higher up than the forefoot because of the air sole but they still feel good. I will say that if I was to get em they would be strictly for basketball...not feeling how they look for casual use. Also, people with anything close to wide or flat feet need to stay away from these. Think it would be quite painful.

thats isnt good to hear. I was looking forward to giving them a whirl but having a wide food made the 4s and 6s not feel to hot on my dogs.
not what I wanted to hear either, the 6s killed my feet

still I want to grab the 35k and see how they feel, i'm just gonna grab a 12 instead of 11.5

Wide footer reporting in. as far as casual feeling goes, i went tts and they fit snug at first. if you leave them on then they get more comfortable or maybe my foot just got used to it. it feels similar to trying on a pair of jordan 28's or melo m10 for the first time. im gonna wear these all day and see how that goes but so far im digging it 
smokin.gif

Yeah probably requires some break in time if they feel tight for someone with wide/flat feet. I doubt the break in time will be as bad as IV-VIs tho

any performance tests on these yet?
Don't think so quite yet.  

I was busy at the end of the week and over the weekend so I only got to shoot around in them for a bit.  First impression -- very pleased with the shoe.  Cushion feels great both the heel vis zoom and encapsulated forefoot unit -- it's currently not too firm, but not too soft making it nice and responsive.  Curious how it'll feel after break in.  Lockdown is beast 
smokin.gif
  The balance of support and flexibility is great imo as well.  Traction was great, but I can't really judge this until I get to play full speed.  Your heel does sit a little higher as some have said but with only the 180 bag, you still get nice court feel.  If anything it may just take getting used to.

Hoping to give a quick but better review after I get some runs in this week

For wide feet these wouldnt be bad, idk what other dude was talking about. These are actually very generous sizing wise. I usually size up a half size for ball purposes but my TTS would be fine in these.

I don't mind having a higher heel on bball shoes since it helps you play on your toes, as you're suppose too. it does take a while to get use to it. the KD5's were like that.

Just got my pair and I love how they feel. Like every one says these are definitely true to size. Soft , spacious feel in the toe box but not big enough where you feel like you need to size down. Forefoot and heel zoom feels great. I knew the heel zoom max bag would feel good but I was surprised by the forefoot. Was expecting a lil zoom bag with minimal feel but as soon as you put your foot in it that was not the case. I can just tell it will feel great after a few wears.

Really want to play in these but I'm always hesitant ( because of the type of game I play) with any shoes that sit below my ankles and these are just slightly below. But i love the look of these and love them even more just by the few minutes Ive had them on my feet. I can tell they will be great on the court so I may make and exception. Looking forward to the 35,000 degree color way.

My USAs came in today. First impression has me impressed. Only slip them for about a minute on lunch break. Will do a walk around the house n stuff to get a true feel

Few pages back i referrenced the stupid long corny names ..

via NDC

"The KD7 colorway narrative begins with lightning, and more specifically the average temperature of a lightning strike – 35,000 degrees Fahrenheit. It also builds on KD’s insight of wanting to be lightning-quick"

so why not just call the damn things lightning?

Dope in person. A wee bit tight in the midfoot, but not bad at all. Will be putting these on the court on Wednesday night.

Dope in person. A wee bit tight in the midfoot, but not bad at all. Will be putting these on the court on Wednesday night.
Maybe you have that strap too tight on the midfoot ... or the laces?

Last edited:
My pair arrived from nike. Went tts and I'm sending them back tomorrow. I normally wear a 10 in nikes. These murdered the sides of my foot but had about a half inch room in the toe box so a 10.5 is out of the question. So disappointed. Had such high hopes after the vi.

My pair arrived from nike. Went tts and I'm sending them back tomorrow. I normally wear a 10 in nikes. These murdered the sides of my foot but had about a half inch room in the toe box so a 10.5 is out of the question. So disappointed. Had such high hopes after the vi.

Almost made the same mistake. Was originally going to with a 10, but ended up going with a 10.5 since I have a wide foot. I'm glad I went with the 10.5, the 10 would have been way too right around the midfoot. Like others have said its a lil tight in that area but lacing it loose will help with.

Don't think so quite yet.  

I was busy at the end of the week and over the weekend so I only got to shoot around in them for a bit.  First impression -- very pleased with the shoe.  Cushion feels great both the heel vis zoom and encapsulated forefoot unit -- it's currently not too firm, but not too soft making it nice and responsive.  Curious how it'll feel after break in.  Lockdown is beast :smokin   The balance of support and flexibility is great imo as well.  Traction was great, but I can't really judge this until I get to play full speed.  Your heel does sit a little higher as some have said but with only the 180 bag, you still get nice court feel.  If anything it may just take getting used to.

Hoping to give a quick but better review after I get some runs in this week

Repp'd very nice and detailed post. Want these to hoop in bad.

Back
Top Bottom