**Official Kendrick Lamar Thread 4th Studio Album ''DAMN.''Out Now**

I don't think the collab is dropping next month, I think it's a new Cole project tho.
I agree, if you heard J Cole's "Black Friday" song then you would know it's probably going to be his fourth studio album. It's been a year since 2014 Forest Hills Drive.

Oh? Word? He didn't draw a false equivalence between gang violence and police killings?

My bad.

Last edited:
The Blacker, the Berry is about embracing your blackness and the stereotypes that are associated with it. It also saying Kendrick/other blacks are hypocrites because they would rally if a white person kills a black person unjustly but won't when a black person kills another black person unjustly.

Ok. But it's still a false equivalency and he was still using that false equivalency to excuse police brutality.

His intentions may have been well meaning, but he's still wrong.

I love him. But he's wrong.

I should make it clear that I'm tying the meaning behind the song to the statements he made about black on black violence. Can't really take one without the other since Blacker the Berry came after blow back to those comments.

^His statements on that and in regard to song was him calling himself a hypocrite not the black community hypocrites. He has commented and explained that a few times already.

"I wish somebody would look in our neighborhood knowing that it's already a situation, mentally, where it's f--ked up. What happened to [Michael Brown] should've never happened. Never. But when we don't have respect for ourselves, how do we expect them to respect us? It starts from within. Don't start with just a rally, don't start from looting -- it starts from within."

It's not like he was misquoted or his words were misconstrued. He's not talking about himself, there. He's talking about everyone in the black community.

Again, maybe he meant well, but he's wrong, and when that was pointed out to him he back pedaled. People should stop placing Kendrick Lamar up on a pedestal. He's not a politician. He's not an activist.

Last edited:
Man dudes hating and this was already addressed.

Kendrick done seen his homies, family relatives, acquaintances, and everything else either get locked up, die, or join gangs. He comes from one of the wildest ghettos in the world.

BUT YOU, who never did anything for anyone black or not, no community involvement, no charity, no protests b, wanna tell him, how he should feel about the problems in the minds of his culture.

Perspective matters man, and kendricks is one where he saw too many go down and few go up. He speaking about it from his angle.

Last edited:

Kendrick done seen his homies, family relatives, acquaintances, and everything else either get locked up, die, or join gangs. He comes from one of the wildest ghettos in the world.

BUT YOU, who never did anything for anyone black or not, no community involvement, no charity, no protests b, wanna tell him, how he should feel about the problems in the minds of his culture.

Perspective matters man, and kendricks is one where he saw too many go down and few go up. He speaking about it from his angle.

drake > migos > young thug > kendrick

if i wanted to learn about black history ill read a book from a person that actually studied and researched life , not some try hard to be the smart guy in the industry rapper

when it comes to music , theres tons of better artists , MUSIC being the keyword

just always have to state my opinion when i see this thread at the top 
glasses.gif
 flamesuit on and lol already @ the people who  think migos dont have bars / lyrics because of how they look . 

^^ Somebody ban this dude outta this thread. Having a different opinion is all good but to legit hate & troll the thread just cause its on top is the lamest **** ive ever heard

Thats child like. I dont do that in the Drake thread when I see it cause dude is garbage. I simply just ignore his existence cause I dont mess with his music at all. Why cant more ppl just do that?

^^ Somebody ban this dude outta this thread. Having a different opinion is all good but to legit hate & troll the thread just cause its on top is the lamest **** ive ever heard

Thats child like. I dont do that in the Drake thread when I see it cause dude is garbage. I simply just ignore his existence cause I dont mess with his music at all. Why cant more ppl just do that?

But he's acting like me in ntwt.... :lol:

The Blacker, the Berry is about embracing your blackness and the stereotypes that are associated with it. It also saying Kendrick/other blacks are hypocrites because they would rally if a white person kills a black person unjustly but won't when a black person kills another black person unjustly.

Also I had to comment on this bout the last part of that song. If anyone non black even if they were a minority woulda said the same thing Kendrick said at the end of that song then NT woulda crucified them. Thats my only real problem with that song...

Lol you don't know anything about me or what I do or do not do.

And Kendrick said something and was called out on it. What he said was bull ****. And he knows it. It's why he copped pleas.

No ones telling him how to feel. He said something stupid. People rightfully told him it was stupid and he acknowledged that.

People in here are talking about how Kendrick should play Blacker the Berry to scare white people. Google the conservative discussions over Kendrick's interview and the lyric if you want to see how white people feel about Blacker the Berry.

That's all I'm addressing.

Hood ****** with good intentions can say dumb **** too. Kendrick is certainly not immune as he showed.

Again he isn't an activist or politician. He's an entertainer.

It's not hate when I say it. I didn't twist his words. I quoted him exactly. I like Kendrick but I'll call him out when he's wrong, same way I do if it's Pac, Ye, Jay, Cobain or anyone else.

"But when we don't have respect for ourselves, how do we expect them to respect us? It starts from within. Don't start with just a rally, don't start from looting -- it starts from within."

That's where Kendrick slipped. Ending racism doesn't start with black people looking within. It ends with white supremacist ending white supremacy.

I think Kendrick is just a lil conflicted. He spoke about how he was on tour and he would get calls about his homies getting killed and **** like that. I understand how that can **** with your head.

He just had one slip up. I can let that go. He spent that whole album talking about how our ancestors built this country, how America owes us, talked about the Willie Lynch Theory that has poisoned some of our minds. Black The Berry is basically a middle finger to everything they try to hold against us so he still knows how the game is being played.

Last edited:
Oh I have no problem with Kendrick. I was just pointing out how he gives Fox News food in blacker the berry. Someone said he should play it to scare white people but it's the only Kendrick song old white people quote.

Back
Top Bottom