**Official Kendrick Lamar Thread 4th Studio Album ''DAMN.''Out Now**

I just don't see him using 2 or 3 songs to make that point. They're not wildly outside of his wheelhouse—if outside at all.

But also, I don't hear what you guys are hearing with that. I listen to a lot of Drake (zero Sean) and I don't really hear him rapping like or mocking them. (EDIT: I can see that on GOD, but it really doesn't feel like "mockery" just...kinda...copying.)

Either way, album is dope.

Last edited:
Kendrick utilized Rihanna and U2 perfectly.
Like someone else said, big time artist collabs and usually filled with struggle.

He's not sabotaging it.

How do you prove you're better than everyone else???? Use their style and make better music while doing it ..............and adding your own to it to remind them what it really is.

Last edited:
He's not sabotaging it.

How do you prove you're better than everyone else???? Use their style and make better music while doing it ..............and adding your own to it to remind them what it really is.
Exactly.

This is how you take away their fan base. Take their skills and used it as your own but you execute off it so well, like this mfker I doubted him that he couldn't make these type of music, BUT HE CAN

He's not sabotaging it.

To add on to this a lot of this album seems like it's influenced by him still coming up, From OD to GKMC there was always a big duality with Kendrick. He could talk God, Money & **** as he put it on section 80. This project reps a lot of that prior to TPAB Kendrick. As you notice a lot of these songs include vices & things that may not be the most pure emotions. This is the rap that a lot of people are making now & i think he's just telling his fanbase that he succumbed to it also.

However just from a musical standpoint he's taking these same topics & similar hiphop trends and expanding on them like most of the newer artist don't.

I absolutely will not argue with anyone who either has this guy as the GOAT or in the top 3/5. Unfathomable what he's doing right now. Dude is on another level from everyone else in the game. Such a breath of fresh air. Thoughtful artistry with actual purpose/meaning. This man is the epitome of a lyrical genius. He doesn't parade around saying it, looking for acceptance from others. He just does it.

Listening to Fear makes me want to call my grandmas.
In a time where the hip-hop music has lost its purpose, I love when music touches my soul.

I got realness, I just kill ****, cause it's inside my DNA 

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Bruh
BRUH
I did a triple take at my phone when I heard this this morning.

I'm starting to believe this could be a double album. The ending of the album would be the perfect start to the next album.

If you listen closely, the album runs back quickly in reverse at the end.

'...So I was taking a walk the other day...'

nerd.gif

Last edited:
Grew up listening to all the greats in rap after hearing Damn have to say Kendrick is the best ever.

I absolutely will not argue with anyone who either has this guy as the GOAT or in the top 3/5. Unfathomable what he's doing right now. Dude is on another level from everyone else in the game. Such a breath of fresh air. Thoughtful artistry with actual purpose/meaning. This man is the epitome of a lyrical genius. He doesn't parade around saying it, looking for acceptance from others. He just does it.

Kendrick is creeping up into my top spot. I never thought anybody would overtake Hov but...It's happening.

In the drake thread he's drake is the Goat, in the future thread he's had the greatest run of all time, in the kendrick thread he's the best ever. I always enjoy the music section threads.

Listening now

Kendrick is creeping up into my top spot. I never thought anybody would overtake Hov but...It's happening.

For a while, I thought Lupe had next. But man...what Kendrick is doing is the rap equivalent of a 4-peat in the NBA.

In the drake thread he's drake is the Goat, in the future thread he's had the greatest run of all time, in the kendrick thread he's the best ever. I always enjoy the music section threads.

Listening now

Man hell nah even I gotta admit no one taking that spot from Jay

I absolutely will not argue with anyone who either has this guy as the GOAT or in the top 3/5. Unfathomable what he's doing right now. Dude is on another level from everyone else in the game. Such a breath of fresh air. Thoughtful artistry with actual purpose/meaning. This man is the epitome of a lyrical genius. He doesn't parade around saying it, looking for acceptance from others. He just does  it.
K.Dot is def right there. I'll still put Nas, Black Thought and BIG ahead of him, but if he continues this run, he'll get that crown. 

in the leak version FEAR. wasn't 7 mins+

maybe thats what sounwave meant by his tweet?

Back
Top Bottom