**Official Kendrick Lamar Thread 4th Studio Album ''DAMN.''Out Now**

This new single sound like a Macklemore song bruh 
laugh.gif

This album is finna be real interesting I already see. I'm sure this song will make much more sense within the context of the album.

ehh i didn't expect that at all, Interscope influence is strong over here. they forcing him to make mainstream crap.

not feeling it but I respect that he went completely left field without caring about having a "hot" urban record even tho white pol will love this...

Your ****** would roast the **** outta you if you put this on in the whip tho lol​

Last edited:
Not for me. Beat breakdown at the end is hot though.

Also, not a single curse word all song. Not sure if thats impressive or annoying.

Last edited:
Not mad at all. We see what he's doing with this one.
I won't download it at all but i see this is bigger than just some rap ****

You think this was forced by the label?

Interscope's always forcing artist to make different stuff, check out Yelawolf's new single, and look at Eminem's latest effort. seems like they want artists to go the uplifting route which might work for some.

Pharell does "happy" and NT goes crazy with praise.

"Yo this song is dope. Such good vibes. Can't stop singing it. Pharell is that dude :pimp: "

Kendrick makes something similar, except with some actual depth behind his bars...

"Basura. Trash. Hurts my ears. I don't want this type of music. :x "

Again, you expect something you don't get, so you bash the song.

If you didn't EXPECT, you'd judge the song without any bias. Youd give it a fair shake like you gave Skateboard P's Happy.

I'm not saying the song is amazing, but to say it's trash after 30 seconds when you gave Pharell unlimited props for going that route just a few months ago?

Trash? After 30 seconds? :lol:

When will the contradictions stop?

Last edited:

"Yo this song is dope. Such good vibes. Can't stop singing it. Pharell is that dude :pimp: "

Kendrick makes something similar, except with some actual depth behind his bars...

If you didn't EXPECT, you'd judge the song without any bias. Youd give it a fair shake like you gave Skateboard P's Happy.

I'm not saying the song is amazing, but to say it's trash after 30 seconds when you gave Pharell unlimited props for going that route just a few months ago?

Pharell's music was annoying as well, i couldn't ever escape that Happy Song it was like everywhere :lol:

Last edited:

Gonna agree with you 100% my dude! I am not saying everyone has to like the songbut I think you hit the nail on the head regarding expectations.

The song has a good vibe with great content so I am a bit shocked at some of the contents but then again considering this is NT I am not.

Most hip-hop fans really need to let artists grow and think outside of the box instead of expecting the same thing over and over. :smh:

Lol i can see why rappers hate rap fans, yall are so fickle. I can see how yall dont like this song, but damn... production wise, when the beat switch up/slow down that got me... If yall want trap music stay in the Jeezy/ Migos lane, let K Dot out the box...

Last edited:
Lol i can see why rappers hate rap fans, yall are so fickle. I can see how yall dont like this song, but damn... production wise, when the beat switch up/slow down that got me... If yall want trap music stay in the Jeezy/ Migos lane, let K Dot out the box...

Nobody asked for trap music from Kendrick though, he been making music that sounded different and "out the box". Just because the message is positive doesn't mean it's a good song.

I see the vision. With all that's going on around the world hear days #loveyourself don't fall for the pressures around you. His here a Breath of fresh air since all we've been getting is migos and young thug etc trap stuff

I rock with it cause I got a open mind and u know once you hear the album in it's entirely you'll appreciate the song more !

He's a artist that you have to listen to his stuff in full. Come on Nt y'all should know this.

You think this was forced by the label?

Interscope's always forcing artist to make different stuff, check out Yelawolf's new single, and look at Eminem's latest effort. seems like they want artists to go the uplifting route which might work for some.

This doesn't really sound forced IMO actually not surprised to hear this type of record from K. Dot. With artist like Em and Yela, the uplifting records are completely left from what they are known to do.

Back
Top Bottom