**Official Kendrick Lamar Thread 4th Studio Album ''DAMN.''Out Now**

Just saw that one of the cornballs from LMFAO has a writing credit on King Kunta.

I no longer like it.

This album is the second chapter of Kendrick's life.

Good Kid M AA d City was based on his "angry adolescence " Which explains the more modern hip hop sound of the album. It was youthful. 

TPAB was his return as a man. He returns to Compton with questions, confusion, and  self doubt. He speaks as different characters: the gangster in hood politics, the boy in momma, the

devil in for sale?, the government on wesley's theory, the friend who was pissed at him for leaving, and an angry gang member in blacker the berry. Through his reflection and interaction with his

family, and neighbors he finds some perspective, where he finally gets to " i " where he feels joy and happiness, with the acceptance of his "complexion'". 

A butterfly is a person who escapes an environment such as Compton, with his many experiences to thank for his artistic perspective and talent. It then gets "pimped" by the system.

It doesn't understand the corporate hustle, it doesn't know how to handle money, fame, seclusion, and the temptation of "Lucy".

So GKMC was the beginning of his journey beginning with looking for Sherane, having  guns pulled on him, and being peer pressured. He was able to escape, and came back on TPAB with

bigger issues and questions for the man he claims helped him realize his destiny, 2Pac.

So many topics get tackled on this album. These walls is about a man's woman gettin knocked down by Kendrick while he's doing life in prison, while is sounds like such a feel good track. After

hearing this album, I had to rearrange my top 5....

I've been waiting for it to get better, it hasn't. Still pretty good though. It just hasn't done that thing.

U and Hood Politics are incredible though.

Second half of 'u' makes my jaw drop everytime. 

And the album as a whole? 

giphy.gif

I have an ever changing favorite/top 5 with this album.
Literally changes with every listen.
Hopefully the Best Buy around my way has the album stocked by now.
Picking up 2 copies.

Good Kid M AA d City was based on his "angry adolescence " Which explains the more modern hip hop sound of the album. It was youthful. 

TPAB was his return as a man. He returns to Compton with questions, confusion, and  self doubt. He speaks as different characters: the gangster in hood politics, the boy in momma, the

devil in for sale?, the government on wesley's theory, the friend who was pissed at him for leaving, and an angry gang member in blacker the berry. Through his reflection and interaction with his

family, and neighbors he finds some perspective, where he finally gets to " i " where he feels joy and happiness, with the acceptance of his "complexion'". 

A butterfly is a person who escapes an environment such as Compton, with his many experiences to thank for his artistic perspective and talent. It then gets "pimped" by the system.

It doesn't understand the corporate hustle, it doesn't know how to handle money, fame, seclusion, and the temptation of "Lucy".

So GKMC was the beginning of his journey beginning with looking for Sherane, having  guns pulled on him, and being peer pressured. He was able to escape, and came back on TPAB with

bigger issues and questions for the man he claims helped him realize his destiny, 2Pac.

So many topics get tackled on this album. These walls is about a man's woman gettin knocked down by Kendrick while he's doing life in prison, while is sounds like such a feel good track. After

REPPED!

2nd chapter; you do realize this isn't his second body of work? I would call it his latest chapter in his journey instead. Section.80 & Overly Dedicated where just as crucial in his growth as GKMC & TPAB.

2nd chapter; you do realize this isn't his second body of work? I would call it his latest chapter in his journey instead. Section.80 & Overly Dedicated where just as crucial in his growth as GKMC & TPAB.

Section .80
Overly Dedicated

those projects are a part of Kendricks growth but those projects didnt start the story line imo

GKMC was like the start of story to the whole world

"If your walls could talk they’d tell you it’s too late
Your destiny accepted your fate
Burn accessories and stash them where they are
Take the recipe, the bible and god
Wall telling you that commissary is low
Race wars happening no calling CO
No calling your mother to save you
Homies say to you, you're reputable, not acceptable
Your behavior is Sammy Da Bull like a killer that turned snitch
Walls is telling me you a *****"

"You pray for appeals hoping the warden could afford them
That sentence so important
Walls telling you to listen to "Sing About Me"
Retaliation is strong you even dream about me
Killed my homeboy and God spared your life
Dumb criminal got indicted the same night
So when you play this song rewind the first verse
About me abusing my power so you can hurt
About me and her in the shower whenever she horny
About me and her in the after hours of the morning"

"About her baby daddy currently serving life
And how she think about you until we meet up at night
About the only girl that cared about you when you asked her
And how she ******* on a famous rapper"

ibawdgXTzrMGKs.gif

For everyone thinking Lamar came out of left field with this project and the views behind it, dont be confused. This has been stirring around for quite some time now. 

Kendrick Lamar:
That's crazy, because me being one of your offspring of the legacy you left behind I can truly tell you that there's nothing but turmoil goin' on so I wanted to ask you what you think is the future for me and my generation today?

2Pac:
I think that _'s is tired-a grabbin' **** out the stores and next time it's a riot there's gonna be bloodshed for real. I don't think America can know that. I think American think we was just playing and it's gonna be some more playing but it ain't gonna be no playing. It's gonna be murder, you know what I'm saying, it's gonna be like Nat Turner, 1831, up in this MFer. You know what I'm saying, it's gonna happen

I'm sorry, but the more I listen to this album, the more I ******* love it. I said that I couldn't rate it higher than Section.80, boy that changed real quick. Momma is still my favorite, but as for the ranking of the rest, man I don't know. You Ain't Gotta Lie is really hitting me, along with Blacker the Berry and Wesley's Theory. My opinion on the Interlude's has changed as well, and although For Free is still my least favorite track, it's not complete garbage as previously thought. 

K.Dot already has next year's Grammy locked up. Mark my words.

"If your walls could talk they’d tell you it’s too late​

Your destiny accepted your fate​

Burn accessories and stash them where they are​

Take the recipe, the bible and god​

Wall telling you that commissary is low​

Race wars happening no calling CO​

No calling your mother to save you​

Homies say to you, you're reputable, not acceptable​

Your behavior is Sammy Da Bull like a killer that turned snitch​

Walls is telling me you a *****"​

"You pray for appeals hoping the warden could afford them​

That sentence so important​

Walls telling you to listen to "Sing About Me"​

Retaliation is strong you even dream about me​

Killed my homeboy and God spared your life​

Dumb criminal got indicted the same night​

So when you play this song rewind the first verse​

About me abusing my power so you can hurt​

About me and her in the shower whenever she horny​

About me and her in the after hours of the morning"​

"About her baby daddy currently serving life​

And how she think about you until we meet up at night​

About the only girl that cared about you when you asked her​

And how she ******* on a famous rapper"​

ibawdgXTzrMGKs.gif

:pimp: :pimp: :pimp: no more ether than that man.

Back
Top Bottom