**Official Kendrick Lamar Thread 4th Studio Album ''DAMN.''Out Now**

This is insane. 
laugh.gif

Egypt (Son of Swizz and Alicia Keys) produced that tune on track 7. Can even hear Kendrick give him the shoutout "Young Egypt" during the actual song. 

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/03/04/kendrick-lamar-alicia-keys-swizz-beatz-egypt

Last edited:
Top 5
Look of for detox
Hol' up
HiiiPower
Cartoons & Cereal
Mortal Man

Honorable mentions
The Jig is Up
Untitled 1 live performance
Untitled unmastered track 2

Last edited:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Honey Nut Squares..... what the **** are those? 

That struggle life. I remember ma dukes picking up Fruit Wheels instead of Fruit Loops. All them cereals were good as hell though.

dope.

"What’s the difference between the blackness of To Pimp a Butterfly versus the blackness of, say, If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late? Drake’s sound is built upon Jodeci, Timbaland, Aaliyah, and that’s all black music, too.
It’s all black. I think there’s a small, but huge, difference. Kendrick and Drake are both excellent artists, both amazing, both gifted, both anointed, both prolific—they’re both great.

I need the music to tell me a story just like I need the lyrics to tell me a story. With Drake, musically, it’s hard for me to believe what he says over that particular bed of music because his music doesn’t really breathe. It loops a lot. Which is beautiful, I love it, it’s perfectly fine. But musically, it doesn’t tell me a story that adds another level to the lyricism. I believe that everything as a whole needs to be great, not just the words. That doesn’t mean you have to play jazz or blues, or that you have to add a saxophone. It just means I want more dynamism, musically, because life is dynamic."

I pulled that quote out not becuase he talking Drake, but because he is explaining perfectly one huge reason why I like Kendrick music. The beat, sometimes melodies evolve. Its given life and grows/changes as the story grows. Like the score to a film versus a flat looped beat that has no life to it.
A lot of cats are simple minded though, hence why I see some people actually say "Drake is better than Kendrick" because their minds can't comprehend the art and complexities that Kendrick portrays in his music. I like Drake's music, but Kendrick is able to relate to the human struggle a lot more. People gonna say "But Drake started from the bottom herp derp", but that's just a bunch of hot air. Dude never grew in the projects where the cops and government is always against your community on a daily basis. But eh, different strokes for different people I guess.

I had the same reaction as Quint after untitled 02 
roll.gif

I probably replayed that track five times 
laugh.gif

I need the music to tell me a story just like I need the lyrics to tell me a story. With Drake, musically, it’s hard for me to believe what he says over that particular bed of music because his music doesn’t really breathe. It loops a lot. Which is beautiful, I love it, it’s perfectly fine. But musically, it doesn’t tell me a story that adds another level to the lyricism. I believe that everything as a whole needs to be great, not just the words. That doesn’t mean you have to play jazz or blues, or that you have to add a saxophone. It just means I want more dynamism, musically, because life is dynamic."

I pulled that quote out not becuase he talking Drake, but because he is explaining perfectly one huge reason why I like Kendrick music. The beat, sometimes melodies evolve. Its given life and grows/changes as the story grows. Like the score to a film versus a flat looped beat that has no life to it.
Tuscan Leather

Back
Top Bottom