**Official Kendrick Lamar Thread 4th Studio Album ''DAMN.''Out Now**

Do you take every negative review about a Drake album seriously...?

Reviews are important, I do take all reviews seriously good or bad.

This explains a lot about your posts. :lol:

Why the hell would you take every review serious when some of the people reviewing the music know nothing about the culture or subject matter they're reviewing?

Again, the ones who give positive reviews somehow are familiar with the culture? How do those reviews hold weight then? Those are the same people reviewing the album...positive or negative

Lmao ok keep being hypocrites...resume the kendrick knob slobbering

Last edited by a moderator:
Drake finally cracked 80 with this last project but non publications (listeners) still got it rated pretty low. There are def people out there in media positions soley to be contrarians. But most of the time the critical acclaim and user experience matches up.

Didn't read the review, never really cared about reviews for albums or movies. Why y'all give a ****?

Because we're not ' you ' ... Different philosophies

So let's say Kendrick's last three albums got a 18/100, 9/100 and a 26/100. Are you not gonna listen or like them now? That is my point. If all three of his albums got 5/100s or 100/100s, I'm still listening and will have my own opinion.

Why the hell would you take every review serious when some of the people reviewing the music know nothing about the culture or subject matter they're reviewing?

Again, the ones who give positive reviews somehow are familiar with the culture? How do those reviews hold weight then? Those are the same people reviewing the album...positive or negative

Please show me where I said good reviews = knowing the culture. :lol:

A lot of these hipster sites just rate based on hype.

I already said the only reviews I pay attention to are XXL, rapreviews and the Source back in the day.

So how you figure which ones know the culture? The ones who give positive reviews? They're the ones that "get" it? :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
95% of the people doing reviews are middle eastern or white. I don't have any interest in their opinion on rap music. I like what I like and I'll check for the artist I like or if I hear a certain song. There's a few posters in here that if they big something up enough and if we have similar taste, I might check it out and those posters aren't middle eastern or white.

Last edited:

So how you figure which ones know the culture? The ones who give positive reviews? They're the ones that "get" it? :lol:

Again since you have a hard time catching up.

Please show me where I said good reviews = knowing the culture. :lol:

A lot of these hipster sites just rate based on hype.

I already said the only reviews I pay attention to are XXL, rapreviews and the Source back in the day.

Last edited:
Ok, you're the one singled out person who doesnt look at reviews before trying a product [emoji]128580[/emoji]

I'm saying, how is a positive review more credible than a negative one? Is it more credible because it's popular opinion? Or because it fits your sentiments?

And for bringing up Drake, y'all don't let three posts go by in that thread without coming in to post some negative ****

I enjoy DAMN. I agree with the positive attention it's gotten. I DON'T agree with y'all on/off switch of who/what is a credible review/measuring stick/accolade...when it only fits with what you agree with

Bro, if you enjoyed something why even pay attention to the negative **** people have to say about it? Is it going to change your opinion? I'm not gonna sit here and take it into consideration "just cause."

Y'all come in here trying to paint this picture of us not liking something strictly because it wasn't favorable to Kendrick. That's not true, dude's reasoning was dumb as hell.

95% of the people doing reviews are middle eastern or white. I don't have any interest in their opinion on rap music. I like what I like and I'll check for the artist I like or if I hear a certain song. There's a few posters in here that if they big something up enough and if we have similar taste, I might check it out and those posters aren't middle eastern or white.

You can just skim these reviews and tell whether they know what they're reveiwing or not. Rapreviews been the main place I go to read reviews. They break **** down perfect.

That why I don't pay attention to those reviews good or bad. 95% percent of the employers at those publications are white hipsters.

Indeed. I had an opportunity to speak with a former Sony A&R and he said a lot of music reviewers are seeded by "the powers to be" to try and sway public opinion on albumbs that have a potential messianic energy. Ironically TPAB was the album that sparked the convo.

only care for one review

if its bumps in the whip approved by Feefo

Last edited:

Yep, do we really care what a staff like this thinks

http://www.hotnewhiphop.com/staff.html

lol I like how Ginfante and Mr Wavez try to act unbiased but don't act like it in the Drake thread

It's like the pot calling the kettle black.

lol I like how Ginfante and Mr Wavez try to act unbiased but don't act like it in the Drake thread

What? All opinions matter...no opinions are wrong technically...but theres a difference with disagreeing, and bashing or shunning an opinion because it doesnt line up with yours.

Lol you stay bringing up drake :x :x

Wash your face gah damn :smh: nobody cares, you keep repeating yourself nobody's going for it b. Besides you and your buddy who also ohh yeah u guessed it [emoji]129300[/emoji] *frequent the drake thread* to come in and cry.

Back
Top Bottom