**Official Kendrick Lamar Thread 4th Studio Album ''DAMN.''Out Now**

Ok, you're the one singled out person who doesnt look at reviews before trying a product [emoji]128580[/emoji]

I'm saying, how is a positive review more credible than a negative one? Is it more credible because it's popular opinion? Or because it fits your sentiments?

And for bringing up Drake, y'all don't let three posts go by in that thread without coming in to post some negative ****

I enjoy DAMN. I agree with the positive attention it's gotten. I DON'T agree with y'all on/off switch of who/what is a credible review/measuring stick/accolade...when it only fits with what you agree with

Bro, if you enjoyed something why even pay attention to the negative **** people have to say about it? Is it going to change your opinion? I'm not gonna sit here and take it into consideration "just cause."

Y'all come in here trying to paint this picture of us not liking something strictly because it wasn't favorable to Kendrick. That's not true, dude's reasoning was dumb as hell.

I'm not saying that I'm saying it doesn't make sense to not give creditability to an opinion because it doesnt match yours.

lol I like how Ginfante and Mr Wavez try to act unbiased but don't act like it in the Drake thread

It's like the pot calling the kettle black.

What? All opinions matter...no opinions are wrong technically...but theres a difference with disagreeing, and bashing or shunning an opinion because it doesnt line up with yours.

lol I like how Ginfante and Mr Wavez try to act unbiased but don't act like it in the Drake thread

It's like the pot calling the kettle black.

Lol you stay bringing up drake :x :x

Wash your face gah damn :smh: nobody cares, you keep repeating yourself nobody's going for it b. Besides you and your buddy who also ohh yeah u guessed it [emoji]129300[/emoji] *frequent the drake thread* to come in and cry.

Looool look at you Mr Wavez getting all butthurt that I called Views trash. You mad brah?

And for you Ginfante, well when there's dissenting opinion in the Drake thread, y'all engage in your echo chamber of "you trippin, this is a classic" get off the high horse famb.

EddieDoyers EddieDoyers not me.

Again theres a difference with actual opinion and saying

"You stans ______"

When you disagree or have a differing opinion

I'm not saying that I'm saying it doesn't make sense to not give creditability to an opinion because it doesnt match yours.

I don't necessarily discredit anybody because I don't care to read it. But it's not hard to read something and infer that maybe this person doesn't know **** about what they're talking about :lol:

What does race have to do with reviews? :stoneface:

Thats just ignorant imo. I like reading reviews. I dont agree with them all but if theyre done right or presented by someone with a good amount of music knowledge then i can respect it. Fantano just gave this album a strong 7 which i HIGHLY DISAGREE with but he basically praised it throughout. His main gripes with it brought it down a couple points but at no point in his review did it sound like he was hating on it

As for that other 60/100 review :stoneface: Seems like someone hating on a perfect score to bring it down similar to the Get Out review situation

95% of the people doing reviews are middle eastern or white. I don't have any interest in their opinion on rap music. I like what I like and I'll check for the artist I like or if I hear a certain song. There's a few posters in here that if they big something up enough and if we have similar taste, I might check it out and those posters aren't middle eastern or white.

Yep, do we really care what a staff like this thinks

http://www.hotnewhiphop.com/staff.html

My goodness, smh

Thats just ignorant imo. I like reading reviews. I dont agree with them all but if theyre done right or presented by someone with a good amount of music knowledge then i can respect it. Fantano just gave this album a strong 7 which i HIGHLY DISAGREE with but he basically praised it throughout. His main gripes with it brought it down a couple points but at no point in his review did it sound like he was hating on it

As for that other 60/100 review :stoneface: Seems like someone hating on a perfect score to bring it down similar to the Get Out review situation

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Last edited:
This boul laughing like im white or middle eastern but im Rican dumbass

All that internet laughing dont change the fact that that statement dumb af

I really check for reviews to see other ppls perspectives of the project and if I share any similarities in their thinking and if I may have overlooked something.

Same reason why I come to these forums on major releases

Ultimately, one's score on an album wont change how I feel about it.

Alot of my favorites are hated by most anyway 
laugh.gif

I just enjoy reading others thoughts on the topic

I think with some artist race and upbringing does matter in how you dissect the music, especially with artist like kendrick. Simple things like "black man taking no losses" and "we gon be alright" may hit the soul harder for a black man than any other person.
Music is all about how it makes you feel inside.

Last edited:
I'm laughing at you (Pun) because you acting like race doesn't play a role. Complex and the site my man just posted shows nothing but out of touch white people critiquing **** they know very little about or probably didn't grow up around. If you fine with taking information from them instead of the little Rican that grew up in Harlem, that's on you G. I prefer to get my info and reviews from my people that grew up in a similar environment in or out of the house.

Kendrick told us straight up that TPAB was for the black and Hispanic community, why you think that was?

I think with some artist race and upbringing does matter in how you dissect the music, especially with artist like kendrick. Simple things like "black man taking no losses" and "we gon be alright" may hit the soul harder for a black man than any other person.
Music is all about how it makes you feel inside.

I know what hes saying but the way it was said is mad ignorant. Its like if a black guy was reviewing a rock album & some white ppl discredited it just cause he black. Get my point? You made the same point more respectful & clear. I respect that & agree entirely with it

Btw Fantano gave TPAB a 10, even he realized how great that album was

I'm laughing at you (Pun) because you acting like race doesn't play a role. Complex and the site my man just posted shows nothing but out of touch white people critiquing **** they know very little about or probably didn't grow up around. If you fine with taking information from them instead of the little Rican that grew up in Harlem, that's on you G. I prefer to get my info and reviews from my people that grew up in a similar environment in or out of the house.

Kendrick told us straight up that TPAB was for the black and Hispanic community, why you think that was?

Everyone that's from the hood that I know said it was trash. Rather listen to trashbag Hendrix

Only review I've ever read was big ghost for comedic purposes. How y'all be taking these nerds opinions serious is hilarious. The quint dude kinda funny but yea. Same thing with movie reviews.

Back
Top Bottom