*******OFFICIAL KID CUDI THREAD******* MOTM II: The Legend of Mr. Rager OUT NOW!!!!

Finally gave this thing 3 spins today. Obviously like it. If you are a fan of MOTM, I don't see how you can dislike this album. A song like "All Along" is one reason how Cudi separates himself. Incredibly introspective lyrics. Combine that with eclectic production choices and it's all gravy. Heck, look at the last 7 tracks. I don't feel any filter.

Is "Don't Play This Song" supposed to be a single? I think it's viable.

I was reading the wiki for the album for a quick scan of reviews and found these lines poignant: "Pursuing genius at the expense of consistency might work out just fine for Cudi: I'm not convinced that he's a good rapper, but I'm pretty sure he's an important one."

Originally Posted by SCuse7

Cudi at Cornell last night was
pimp.gif

All his new stuff was solid. Ghost was really good.

pimp.gif

pimp.gif

Here's an updated list for the people who PM'd me for the Kid Cudi MOTMII CD Giveaway
  •  scotthallwithapick.
  • kix4kix
  • Sois Frais G
  • AI for MVP
  • Jehlers02
  • MilitaryIV
  • jrdnkiks213
  • 35kd
  • bijald0331
  • EvansSt
  • taimaishu123
Keep the PM's coming. I'll announce the winner on November 9th.  

Originally Posted by PJ and Bompton

Originally Posted by DJprestige21

Originally Posted by PJ and Bompton

people hate on Big Sean, but if he would've been on Maniac instead of Cage it would've been my track of the year...

Not necessarily, 

Maniac really just matched Cage's personally a lot more and Big Sean's rap style just doesn't really fit the premise of that song. What I mean is that Cage's experiences match what is trying to be portrayed in the song much more closely being that he has attempted to kill himself and was addicted to drugs for a little while.

Big Sean's style would have been kind of awkward trying to match the vibe of what Cudi was trying to put on.
that being said the feature makes perfect sense...i had no clue about that
THIS.

Thats why i love maniac and Cage's verse.  It think its the best guest spot on the album.  Listen to Depart From Me too.  The Song "I Never Knew You" is a super creepy opus about a serial killer raping and killing this girl.  His somber flow on Maniac really falls in place.  Great Track.

KID CUDI - MAN ON THE MOON II: LEGEND OF MR.RAGER "REVIEW"

Kid Cudi’s sophomore album is officially in stores tomorrow and critics are starting to weigh in with their opinions on Man on the Moon II: The Legend of Mr. Rager. You can read a few reviews below.

HipHop DX: 3.5/4
A tortured soul, yes, but one with ingenious capabilities, Cudi has taken his progressive style and turned it into a sound that no one would dare replicate.

NME Magazine: 9/10
We’ve glimpsed ancient wonders and glistening possibilities and met, in Kid Cudi, the man to push mainstream hip-hop into a dazzling new realm of sonic exploration.

Entertainment Weekly: A-
His half-sung vocals, alternately surly and vulnerable, weave in and out of the mix along with distorted guitars, sweeping strings, twinkling harpsichords, ghostly samples, and who knows what else. No other major-label rapper in 2010 is pushing boundaries in quite the same way.

Chicago Tribune: 3.5/4
As dire as that sounds, the music is as consuming and intoxicating as the lifestyle Cudi describes. On two albums, the stoned-and-alone rapper has created a world built for one.

SPIN Magazine: 8/10
Head in the Clouds: Hip-hop’s chronic TMI traveler documents his odyssey into hip-hop’s dark, bottle-service heart

Regardless of any review, positive or negative – the music is for us, the fans, so if you love the album make sure to show your support and grab a copy. The Legend of Mr. Rager is in stores tomorrow.

VIA: DATNEWCUDI.COM

got my cd in today from Amazon 
pimp.gif

packaging is dope as hell. it comes with a lyric book, but does not come with a poster. does anyone know if posters are coming out with the cd like last time?
still going through my first listen, but not one song has disappointed so far
pimp.gif

sorry for crappy pics. from my blackberry

can u post the lyrics on GHOST! up to where he says "these beginnings are followed by an end" its like 2 lines in the first 4 bars i cant understand

Gotta get it, thru my thick head, i, was so close to bein dead, life live it, with not many help tips, man i'm jus wakin with out being lead, see the world is so crazy big, and filled such risk, yea i jus know i gotta dodge them yea, the beginning, is always followed by an end

I guess I'm not as high on the last 4 songs as y'all; my favorites are around the middle. The Mood, MANIAC, Ashin' Kusher 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Not really a bad song on the album though, just a few that are outshone by miles.

Alright guys! Here we are!!!

Alright, I will be giving away 10 CD's starting tomorrow.

Only way to win it is to follow me on Twitter ( @Velez027 ) with your NT name. Starting tonight, I will be letting you guys know how to win a FREE CD.

I'll give away the first one right now:

First one to make me an avy or give me a password
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
laugh.gif
gets a CD.

What's the difference from the digital version (itunes deluxe) or the hard copy deluxe? I'm trying to decide what version to get.

Originally Posted by Lebron Games23

What's the difference from the digital version (itunes deluxe) or the hard copy deluxe? I'm trying to decide what version to get.

i don't think there is a difference. you get everything that's on the dvd and the digital booklet has the lyrics book in it as well. if anything, you would've gotten more by pre-ordering it on itunes so you could get maybe but i'm sure you can find a link to download it really easily

edit: ghost lyrics
Yeaaaawaaaaaaoooowaaaaahhhh, mmmohhh ohhh. Yeaaaawaaaaaaoooowaaaaahhhh, ha ha.yeaaaaaa ,my name is Scott Mescudi, yea. gotta get it thru my thick head, I was so close to bein dead. life live it, with not many help tips. man I’m jus walkin without bein lead. see the world is so crazy big  and filled such risk. yea, I jus know I gotta dodge them yea the beginning is always followed by an end

Can anyone PM me the back scans of the booklet with Cudi & the naked bishes?
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

And I'm a say this and leave but.... MOTM2>MOTM1 I really feel like I know Cudi's whole past year with this album. It's way more emotional.

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Can anyone PM me the back scans of the booklet with Cudi & the naked bishes?
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

And I'm a say this and leave but.... MOTM2>MOTM1 I really feel like I know Cudi's whole past year with this album. It's way more emotional.

I'm agreeing.

Back
Top Bottom