Official Kobae XI thread

Pale horse vs Ghost of Christmas past

• Pale Horse

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • GOCP

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
View media item 2159962I happen to have with me brand new pairs of the Tinkers, Mambacurials and Milans. Surprisingly, out of the three, the Milans had the softest and most rubbery feel followed by the Mambacurials, then the Tinkers. On a dusty court, however, the rubbery and sticky feel may not translate to increased traction. In fact, the opposite may happen since the sticky compound may collect dirt, therefore losing friction between the court surface and the outsoles. It also appears that the compound between the gum bottoms of the Mambacurial and Milan are different even though they are both gum bottoms. I tested all three pairs by rubbing my thumb with moderate force slowly from the tip to the heel. Then, I blindfolded myself and mixed them up not knowing which is which and repeated the test and the conclusion was the same. Once again, this is not an on court test on traction. This was done only by feeling the rubber compound and determining which had the softest and most rubbery feel (grip).

Thanks for the response. Really tempted to cop a pair of the Milans or Tinkers (if available on the low) to hoop in since the translucent soles on my Bruce Lee pair is absolutely unplayable on court. Somebody mentioned earlier in this thread that the Milan soles felt plastic like the translucent soles though so I wasn't sure. Now you're saying the Milans have more of a rubber feel than the Tinkers which have a solid outsole. :rolleyes

Last edited:
Were the white horses more limited than the red ones, or were the red ones just not as popular?

Off topic, but which club does Kobe claim? I see him saying he's a "die-hard" Barcelona fan but his true love is AC Milan. Which is it?

I don't think football clubs are some Game of Thrones family you need to pledge allegiance to. I'm sure he liked Milan from growing up in Italy and like a lot of people was enamored with Barcelona's playing style at their peak a few years ago. *gasp* He might even like a third club out there...

I'm in on those for sure. Gonna ball in those

Did anyone who placed an order for the avars or tinkers get their order canceled? I saw the avars are back up in a full size run

Last edited:
Quick Poll Fam
Only 1
Q54 or FCB
Having both, my choice would be the Barcas.  D
October 1st RD
Gonna be interesting to see if there are complaints about these not having solid black soles
smile.gif

Really into these.  Don't see anything wrong with the clear sole either 
tongue.gif

Looks like it's got some suede touches like the FCB's.  Very nice, IMO.. I'm in.  
smokin.gif

Really into these.  Don't see anything wrong with the clear sole either 
tongue.gif

Looks like it's got some suede touches like the FCB's.  Very nice, IMO.. I'm in.  
smokin.gif
Those clear soles may be a deal breaker for some.   Black, dark grey, gum, white...

I dunno....
eyes.gif

Last edited:
Off topic, but which club does Kobe claim? I see him saying he's a "die-hard" Barcelona fan but his true love is AC Milan. Which is it?

Different leagues for example im a die hard Barcelona fan but i also like West Ham United from the Primer league, Juventus from serie A (which is where AC Milan plays), also Galaxy from here in the states... not really looked down on, unless your rooting for rivals for example barcelona and real madrid or you keep flip flopping teams lol

those black ones are mad nice

clear sole doesnt sway me from not buying it

but it would have been better with a dark grey sole

swoosh seems to be 3m

wonder what the right back heel looks like??

Gonna have to pass on the all black pair. I've never been a big fan of all black shoes. Looking forward to the black horse tho. Waiting for the Barca pair to arrive.

Back
Top Bottom