Official Kobae XI thread

Pale horse vs Ghost of Christmas past

• Pale Horse

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • GOCP

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
I don't even know what it's like to receive an L email from SNKRS

My app is just on the loading circle page the entire time after I select a size. Are yall even getting stuck there too or just me?
Did any1 cop lower Merion?
Yep, I did. Though I might return them and wait for discount since it seems they'll sit

Last edited:

Thanks for the insight haha! one last question, as a college kid who doesn't have much money,  What is a better cop? The XI FTB or the Mamba days do you guys think and why? 

I like both shoes just about equally, and I understand that it kind of just depends on what you like more, but what do you think?
It depends on what you're using them for. If it's a collection piece, then you could make the argument for both.

If it's for wearing (not that I would recommend it given the significance of the shoe) then the FTB 11s, since it's a simpler, classic shoe.

If it's for career tribute as a collection piece, then I'd recommend the Mamba Day IDs since they have his greatest accomplishments all over.
I guess I'll be in the minority because if I get either pair I'm going to wear them.

I guess I'll be in the minority because if I get either pair I'm going to wear them.

Anyone can choose to do whatever they like with their sneakers (I'm leaning towards wearing them if I get them myself). I was just saying I would never outright recommend for someone else to wear them if they asked for my opinion.

True.  

Maybe Nike was planning on using that 3rd color as part of the drop-in midsole (purple for Emperor, UniGold for Eulogy), but changed them out to what they are now at the last minute.  

Too bad for the Emperor's, since in Japan, the color "purple is associated with the Emperor and aristocracy..." (thanks wikipedia).  Would have been a perfect fit.
Eulogies have university gold in the color description. I think there were last minute color changes and Nike didn't care enough to print new labels.

I think you might be right about the drop-in midsole change.  We (on boards like this) pay attention to the very small print on box labels, and descriptions of sneakers far in advance of RDs.  The majority of people who buy these sneakers could care less about about that stuff.  They simply see a sneaker on the sneaker wall at a place like FL, like how it looks, try it on, and maybe buy it (and throw away the box when they get home).  Most people who buy sneakers are not, for lack of a better word 'sneakerheads.'  

So if a sneaker was supposed to have one color of drop-in midsole, and it was changed to another somewhere along the line prior to release, why change that minuscule wording on the label when most people don't notice or care?  It's a waste of labels, and boxes too if they were already adhered to the boxes.
Catching up on posts. 

I can believe this.

You guys think these sell out on the 13th or they stay in Stock for the whole day and Nike takes them off the shelf the next day?

You guys think these sell out on the 13th or they stay in Stock for the whole day and Nike takes them off the shelf the next day?

It just depends on how fast they're flying and how much materials Nike says they have. Typically the excuse is that they're running out of materials and you see sizes disappearing.

Being honest, they're probably going to be gone by morning. Everyone who's missed out on the FTBs will be grabbing the iDs which will be a whole chunk of people lol. A lot of people are going to want a piece of history

It just depends on how fast they're flying and how much materials Nike says they have. Typically the excuse is that they're running out of materials and you see sizes disappearing.

Being honest, they're probably going to be gone by morning. Everyone who's missed out on the FTBs will be grabbing the iDs which will be a whole chunk of people lol. A lot of people are going to want a piece of history

Thanks bro. I shouldve known, nothing lasts forever. I'll be sure to keep an eye out as to when they release and immediately cop. I probably won't even wait till I get a l for the ftb 11s.

I just hope these don't sell out within an hour of releasing lol.

So I just started balling in the BHM's and my pinky toes are getting blisters every time, hasn't happened to me with other shoes, I've played like 7 or 8 times so I think I'm past break in
Any suggestions? I went TTS so maybe .5 up? I know sometimes people double sock or use bandaids

So I just started balling in the BHM's and my pinky toes are getting blisters every time, hasn't happened to me with other shoes, I've played like 7 or 8 times so I think I'm past break in
Any suggestions? I went TTS so maybe .5 up? I know sometimes people double sock or use bandaids

A half size up could possibly help. I tried going with my normal size and I found that my pinky toe hurt too. I think the problem area is the shape of the insert. The foam is molded upwardsright around the pinky toe area. You can try cutting it. It might effect the performance but maybe not.

I have been balling in the eulogies almost exclusively for the last 3 to 4 weeks (busted out the inspirations for our work tournament) and I kinda want to point a few things out that I have noticed.

-These seemed to run long at first and they do, after playing in them for a while and you really mold the insert to your feet they don't seem to be that long. I have noticed considerably less slippage than when I first got them. I know some may say I got used to it but I have worn other kicks to shoot around in. This is probably due to being indented in the insert a tad bit.

-I noticed that wearing dri fit socks didn't work to well with the fabric on the insert (my experience). When I switched to the classic pairs of socks i felt less slippage as well.

-The shoes haven't bottomed out but i can tell they are working towards that. I feel the forefoot wearing down. Obviously would love to have full length zoom but it didn't happen.

- Ways to improve: They need a carbon fiber on either the heel counter or even the forefoot. I know people complained about the 10's hurting their feet. I feel that the 11's at times lack containment sometimes. I know others have talked about how bad the traction is but i actually have times where the sole feels stuck to the floor and I'm continuing to move outward. An example would be doing a quick defensive slide (laterally) and then plant to change direction. I feel like the sole is staying and I'm still moving outward inside the shoe. Hopefully that makes sense.

Gotta say though i love these kobe 11's i want to pick up as many pairs as i possibly can.

Last edited:
the traction on the XIs is very inconsistent

some times its great and feel like you're glued to the floor

other times slippage it all over the place

court conditions affect the performance

anyone cop the FTB XI's off the snkrs app? scored off the LA pick-up but it's been nothing but Ls on snkrs for me.

Back
Top Bottom